Heart To Heart

I Believe

Ne, Ga Eul.. " Jndi, with one hand behind her back, supporting her big belly, and one hand rubbing her belly, turned to her best friend, walking next to her.

"You still love Yi Jung, don't you?" 

Gaeul, shocked at the sudden question, dropped the shopping bags that she was carrying on both hands, and immediately apologize profusely as she bent down to gather them up.

"Gaeul ya!" Jandi shouted, shocked too, at Gaeul's reaction.

"Ne, Jandi, why don't we ask the security guards stalking us to help carry all these stuffs?" Gaeul quipped, as an attempt to divert the question targeted at her, while struggling to pick up the last bag, and gestured at the row of guards, some distance behind the girls.

Jandi pouted, "I refuse the service of the bodyguard, how can I admit their presence, I'd have shake them off I could! This baby is already so troublesome before it is even born! AISH!" 

"Don't say that! It's your own child after all!" 

"Hey! Are you trying to distract me here?" Jandi narrowed her eyes at her best friend, after catching on to what she was trying to do, "Jihoo and you, both of you were trying very hard to put on a show, weren't you? Anyway, I should have known, where your heart is, we've known each other for so long, after all. You were both so in love, it couldn't have just vanished, right?" 

Jandi looked down at her own belly, as she rubbed it affectionately, as if she did not expect any answer from the person she had proposed her question too.

"Jandi ya.." 

"Gaeul.." All of a sudden, Jandi turned to look at her with a serious expression. 

"As a friend, I trust that you've your own reasons for what you do, but everything has an end doesn't it? As much as you don't want to face it, isn't it better to end things properly? Are you going to keep living your life, in circles like this?"

Ga Eul, surprised, at the sudden thoughtful outburst by her friend, stared wide-eyes at her, speechless.

 

"Even if you keep avoiding what you don't want to face, it's no use, it'll just come back to haunt you. You know, when I was first pregnant, I really didn't want to face the fact that I was... there are just so many changes one have to make, and I know, a lot more I have to sacrifice, especially since it's Jun Pyo's family... perhaps, even this child, even if I give birth to  him or her, may eventually not be mine, be rather another piece of chess for his family." 

Gaeul continued listening silently, secretly marveling at how much her friend has went through and grown over the past few years, while she had been stuck in a relationship dilemma.

"But, days went by, as I continued to worry, my symptoms of pregnancy and this stomach began to grow... I realized that I could do nothing else about my worries, and that it was no longer a choice for me to avoid.. one day, this baby will come to the world, and I can only try my best as a mother and as a person. I'm moving on with my life, Ga Eul, and I hope you will too. It's your decision what you want to do next -- to let him go, and get him back. And as your best friend, I just want to let you know, I will support you, no matter what you choose."

Ga Eul's eyes were glistening with tears of gratitude, joy, and a sense of proudness of and for her best friend.

"Ne, Jandi.. "

"Thank you", and Ga Eul leaned forward to embrace her friend with her already full hands, while her friend resumed her panicky nature, reminding her to avoid her belly and "not crush the baby!" 

-~*~

[Back at the old F4 lounge]

"It's been a long while, hasn't it?" Junpyo asked, as he picked up a cue stick in his hand.

"Indeed." Jihoo replied as he looked around the place.

"The last time we were here, we were just students, but today, you're almost a father." 

Junpyo nodded, as a smile crept on his face and his eyes became dreamy as he thought of his own happiness.

Jihoo smiled, when he noticed his best friend's reaction.

"I'll join you for a game just for today." Jihoo said, as he picked up another cue stick.

Junpyo eyes lighted up from his dreamy daze when he heard what his friend said.

"I'll beat you for sure!" 

"We'll see." 

Ji Hoo was surprisingly good at the game, and Junpyo watched helplessly as the coloured balls rolled into the holes at the corner of the pool tables.

"I told you" Jihoo replied, a little too smugly, and Junpyo, as usual, didn't know, if he should laugh or throw a punch at the guy. Jihoo, is one of the few rare people that he really don't know and can't control... which is probably why, they can make an equal standing and become best friends.

"Ok, I lose, drinks on me!" 

As they settled down to drink on the sofa -- Jihoo, taking the solo seat while Junpyo occupying the three-seater, Junpyo turned to eye Jihoo, only to receive a questioningly loom from him.

"Just ask what you want." 

Junpyo grumbled inwardly, peeved at the fact of how Jihoo see through him so easily yet to him, Jihoo is always quite a mystery. "Are you and Ga Eul for real?" 

"If you really thought so, I don't think you would have asked." 

"Then, why?" "Really, you should cherish our brotherhood a little more you know.. Yi Jung's feelings, you should know!" 

Jihoo half-laughed at his remarks, "If those 2 really still wanted to be with each other, do you think I could have done anything? Both Ga Eul and Yi Jung are friends I really cherish though, and I hope not to hurt either, our brotherhood -- I value it a lot more than you think.. I made a mistake once when I was young, and I won't make the same one again." Then he turned, and looked JunPyo in the eyes.

"I'm sorry" 

Then he put down the drink in his hand, and left the room, leaving a rather baffled-looking Junpyo, trying to make sense of what Jihoo had said.

~*~ 

[Yi Jung's pottery studio]

Woobin sitting with his front leaning on the back of a chair, watched as his best friend focused his full attention on colouring the clay piece in front of him.

"Is this for the exhibition? "

Yi Jung nodded and for the first time in a long while, smiled at the piece in front of him.

It has been a long while, but it didn't take long for him to rekindle his passion for pottery.

If one were to ask Woobin for Yi Jung's ten favourite things, pottery would rank among the top few.

Woobin took his smile, as a sign, to ask what he felt was a rather sensitive question, "Has Gaeul replied to your invite?" 

Yi Jung shook his head and paused in his actions, "Not yet.. but it's ok, I'll wait for her reply, all the way, until the day of the exhibition. I believe I'll get the reply I want, because I believe in her." 

"Yijung ah.. I really don't want to pour cold water on you but .. after everything, don't you think that she might not turn up? Why is it, you still want to believe in this hope that don't exist?" 

"Once, I thought such hope did not exist. I wasted my life away, thinking it was better to pretend to be happy than not be happy at all. Until she came into my life, I learnt that innocence existed, that hope still lies ahead. She was the first to show me what true love meant -- she waited patiently for me, broke down my wall of appearance, showed me what it meant to truly be myself. Without her, I wouldn't have lived.. and so when she left, it felt like my life was gone too.. but I realized, perhaps it is now the time, for me to wait for her. She waited for me to show her my true self, for me to come back from abroad, for me to leave my old life... just waiting for her response, it's the least I can do.. because I love her." 

End Of Chapter 19

---

A/N: I think this is like one of the post with the most words, pardon me if there's any error and hope you'll enjoy reading, despite the lack of actions... it's quite a glimpse into the hearts of the characters though and I enjoyed myself thoroughly while writing this, and steppinh into various characters' shoes..Sometimes, writing makes me feel as if I lived their lives too! Thankful for those who continue to support and to those who said thank you, you're most welcome, I enjoy writing and I'm glad there are people who enjoys what I write too :)