When you apply maths to real life

I Believe

 

[Yoon Ji Hoo]

I didn't want to forget her. No matter how much it may hurt me.  All I wanted was to stay by her side, and be her silent fire fighter, her silent bodyguard, to look after her silently.

 

But she wanted me to. A lot, it seems, so much so to the extent of setting me up with her friends every so often.

 

I was surprised when I saw the girl walking into the cafe towards me. 

 

Gaeul? I mentally thought. I wonder how Yi Jung would react if he knows this.

 

She smiled at me as she took her seat across me, a sad smile - just like mine.

 

"Ji Hoo Sunbae"  she greeted politely. Then, silence. Surprisingly, the silence was comfortable. Perhaps because we're two individuals too consumed by our own sadness. Two failed love story, I wonder if it would make one successful love story.

 

I observe her as she flipped through the menu, trying to decide what to order. She frowned and bit her lips as she scanned through the list. Probably worried about the pricing. I kept silent though already deciding that I will be paying, I found no need to tell her about it.

 

The waiter soon came and took our orders before she started fidgeting around in her seat.

 

"Gaeul.." I started. She fidgeted even more. I decided to ignore it."What do you say if we start dating?" I decided to get straight to the point, after all it was the reason why Jan Di arrange all this in the first place.

 

She stared at me, stunned at my straightforwardness. "I.. I guess we could try." She replies, half stammering.

 

[Chu Ga Eul]

 

In school, we learnt a formula where when we put two negative signs together, we’d get a positive signal and somehow, that became Jandi’s favourite formula. 

 

And now it seems, Jan Di has decided to apply this formula on Ji Hoo and me; two sad and negative souls.

 

It was another one of those arranged dates that Jan Di had dragged me into again but this time round, it was someone close to Yi Jung, and I had not expected it.

 

Ji Hoo sunbae was different from the other boyfriends I ever had. For our first proper date, he bought me to the public library, it came as quite a surprise.

 

I somehow imagined that he would probably curl up and sleep anytime soon.

 

But she didn't seems to get that in real life, two negative won’t make a positive, and that sad plus sad does not equal happy.

 

And for me, love is being happy.

 

But then again, there isn’t really any harm in trying; was there… maybe, at least one of us could become a positive again.

 

[Yoon Ji Hoo]

 

I remembered Jan Di telling me that Ga Eul like reading and I decided to bring her to the library. Because, other than that, I basically know almost nothing else about her.

 

I reminded myself to keep my distance, I did not want to get involve with another friend's girl -- I knew well that Yi Jung had not got over Ga Eul, to him, it was yet a closed chapter, and from what I can see, Ga Eul felt the same way too.

 

[Chu Ga Eul]

 

"So you like pottery."

 

I was stunned by the sudden remark as I had assumed Ji Hoon sunbae had fallen asleep and was not paying attention to what was going on.

 

[Yoon Ji Hoon]

 

I watched as she turned pink and hastily tried to cover the names of the book, as if hiding some secret.

 

It was obvious from her reaction that Yi Jung did still meant something to her – after all, it was easy for someone to link pottery to the world-renowned potter So Yi Jung.

 

These two, I really don’t understand what they are up to – why none of them was making the first move to put a stop to this when they still mattered so much to each other.

 

Besides that, I don't want to use another girl to get over my heartbreak.

 

I didn't want to get entangled in another love triangle with another friend.

 

I didn't want history to repeat itself again.

 

[Chu Ga Eul]

 

That first date with Ji Hoo sunbae happened a year ago and we have became good friends over the year.

 

Ok, so sad plus sad does not equals happy but it equals understanding.

 

[Yoon Ji Hoo]

 

It was good to have mutual understanding. And I liked that; I like having her as a good friend who really understands me. 

End of Chapter 3. 

A/N: I'm sorry if the story is progressing too slow, I like sow developments >.< ....... and sorry for the lack of song lyrics in this chapter, I'm intending to reserve the lyrics for future chapters and plus couldn't find a suitable one.... probably because this is more a Ji Hoo x Ga Eul then Yi Jung x Ga Eul chapter.... and those lyrics are for soeul *winks* ! Sorry for the lack of soeul together... they're coming up in a chapter together soon! (: Thanks for reading!