If you love someone, let her go

I Believe

[Yi Jung]

 

 

I looked to my right at the Namsam stairs, and closed my eyes for a brief moment as the memories came flooding by.

 

There were so many sweet memories we had here before, but today, they are too painful to remember. 

 

I sighed as I open my eyes to look at the place again. 

 

Perhaps things should really come to an end, as much as I refuse in accepting this ending. 

 

Although I simply cannot deny that deep in my heart, I still harbor the wish that there would still be a ‘us’. 

 

Life can really give us weird lessons though. Like, lessons about love.

 

I don’t know since when I started learning that love means I cannot be selfish, that the most important person is no longer me, but the people I love.  

 

And for me, that someone is Ga Eul. She has become the most important person to me and I don’t want to hurt her. Even though we have already broken up, I know for a fact, that her parents are very important to her and if they are hurt, she will be even more upset. 

 

Like how she is upset and I will be; likewise if her parents are hurt, so is she. 

 

Hence, I made a decision. I look at the place one last time, as I turned back and continued to my destination. 

 

 

[Ga Eul]

 

Calls were still flooding in - this time from the school. 

 

In all the rush and pull (from Ji Hoo and Jae Kyung) , I had forgotten to take a leave from school. In fact, school had been the last thing on my mind.

 

I was starting to feel so guilty; I had forgotten all about work…

 

I feel like such a bad teacher, bad worker, and bad daughter.

 

I feel a pain coming on in my head as I apologized to the principal over the phone – he seems understanding enough, and I was grateful for that. 

 

In all this chaos, I already had enough on my plate to worry about… 

 

 

[Yi Jung]

 

I hesitate, as I stood in right of the conference room door.

 

Despite the decision my mind had made, my heart was still reluctant to go through with it. 

 

In fact, ‘reluctant’ is too light a word. 

 

More like fearful and scared. 

 

I felt…. Like a little kid, again. 

 

I started to be worried if this decision is going to be right, I started to regret even before I could carry out my next step. 

 

Then, her face flashed across my mind again, like the many times it does in one day. 

 

However, today, the faces that flash in my mind were all of her crying, of her pained expressions. All because of me. 

 

I was causing her too much pain…. 

 

Pain, that I did not want to bring to her. 

 

Pain, that I would rather bear alone, if I could. 

 

Is this what they call true love? I wondered silently, as my eyes welled up with tears. 

 

I gulped and closed my eyes to push the tears back, as I lifted one of my hand to push open the door of the conference room.

 

They were waiting for me, waiting for my answer.

 

Most importantly, she needs my answer – to move on in her life. 

 

I could already see the captions in tomorrow’s major headlines ..

 

“Chaebol So Ji Yung clarifies break-up with Chu Ga Eul – special scoop from the potter himself!” 

 

I could already feel the clench in my heart, to me, to finally admit this break up was something I had never wanted to face. Until I realized the pain it had caused, affected Ga Eul so much more than it did for me.. 

 

Plus, I am the only one who could clarify the misunderstandings everyone have of her.. I hate the idea of how she is being misunderstood, to my benefit. 

 

Why did they have to make use of her to my advantage? And her parents too, they are absolutely innocent…. Despite my hurt, I understand fully well that this, is, just an affair between Ga Eul and I. 

 

But no longer. 

 

It would no longer…. be an affair between us. 

 

All these, will become .. only part of our past…. 

 

 

And this will be the last thing I could do for her… for, the woman I love. 

 

End of Chapter 12

 

-- 

 

A/N: Sorry for taking such a long time to finish Chapter 12, I had a English writer's block for a very long time as I had been really into Chinese culture for the past few months (since I am Chinese anyway, hahas) but now, back in school & back to the English environment, it seems to have returned, fortunately!~~ I really can't thank everyone enough for the continuous support... despite my slow update & everything! Since I have returned back to studying now, and it'll probably be doing slow updates as usual...   Plus, in university now, and doing double majors so I have loads of schoolwork to do (plus I am also working part time) but I'll try my best!! Hope you can enjoy this chapter (even if it's really sad........... ....... )