The present, we all have to face it, somehow

I Believe

[A/N: Haneul is just a name of a close friend of Gaeul in her workplace and once again, thanks for all support, thank you each and every one of you. Hope you'll still enjoy what I write! Sorry for the highlights, I wrote this on my phone but couldn't post on my phone and had to send and copy from my own facebook message.. not sure how to get rid of the highlight though.] 

[Flashback]

The familiar sound of the ringtone reached her ears, notifying her of an incoming message.

She got up from the comfort of her sofa unwillingly, and headed towards the table where the 2 phones were placed side by side, 2 phones of the same model.

She picked the phone that was lit up to check it's content but after keying in her passcode 2 times, she realized it was not hers, but his.

Curiousity got the better of her and she decided to try guessing his passcode.. With some help from her memories of all the times she saw him unlocked his phone.

She finally succeeded and excitedly clicked into his new messages to check what it was.. Only to leave her staring blankly at what she eagerly wanted to find out.

 

They say curiosity kill the cat.. Doubts & questions flooded this cat the moment she gave in to her curiosity.. doubts that pretty much killed her lively spirit.

 

The exchange of flirting & sweet messages and secret rendezvous, what she saw at first was just one of these message and it'd perhaps have been wiser for her to dismiss it as a rare occurence and forgive yet curiosity got her again, and after more clicking around, she managed to scroll through most of the records.

 

She sunk down slowly and dejectedly on the ground.. Had his heart never once belonged to her before?

Was she another plaything he wanted?

No, she would not allow herself to deem him guilty with words alone, he could have his reasons.. She thought, defending the man she love, refusing to break her fairytale notion of a soul mate.. Refusing to believe that a pure, innocent love did not exist.. However, she needed to find out the truth.

[End of flashback]

~*~

"Skiing rink?! Why do I need to go there??" Gaeul exlaimed, as the staff of the centre discussed which work to assign to which teachers.

"It's just a location scout for Christmas activities, why are you making such a fuss?" Joong Ki frowned at her outburst, over what seemed like a rather trivial matter.

[Ga Eul]

To others, it's probably nothing much but to me, what happened there before is not something trivial.

Not at all.

I caught sight of Hanuel looking in my direction, wearing a concerned expression.. She's the only one here who knows but I really appreciate it, that at least there's someone here who would understand my perspective.

I gave her a slight smile and nodded in her direction, to let her know I am alright.

"Sorry about that, guys.. Well then, I shall make a trip down to the skiing rink tomorrow. "

"You don't have to look so troubled, Ga Eul, I'm coming along too, you know,don't you remember? You're supposed to guide me on the operations of the school!" Joongki quipped, cheerfully.

I shot Hanuel a helpless look and she chuckled silently when she saw it.

Well, I guess there's no helping it. The past's the past, I need to let go..

And no matter how much I do not want to face the present, it's not a choice I can make.

We all have to live with what we've got, right now, wherever we are.