The drama continues

I Believe

 

[Jae Kyung]

“No Jae Kyung, NO! I am not going to his place!”

My eardrums nearly burst from all the protests Ga Eul had been making all morning, as she now held on firmly to the side of her house entrance as I tried to pull her out.

I was not going to take no for an answer.

“No? Now, tell me, who was the one who called me last night, to tell me how worried and regretful you was of your actions? Who was the one crying over the phone all night that I could not even get a wink of sleep?”

I glared at her as I challenged for an answer.

 

[Ga Eul]

I gulped as Jae Kyung shot her questions at me….. That was me, no doubt… but ..

And as if she had read my mind, she added, “No buts, Miss Chu Ga Eul, follow your heart, miss, listen to it, didn’t it talk to you all night, that’s why you were crying so much?”

 

“Face up to it, You, can’t, live, without, him. So now, off we go. I have had enough, and I mean enough! Of all this nonsense between you two. Quit being so wishy-washy. We all know how wishy-washy Yi Jung can be, so now, you have to take action! Come on”

 

And she tugged even harder on my arm as she tried to convince me.

I shook my head to rid myself of what she said as I gathered all my strength to pull myself back into the house, it was sure hard struggling with Jae Kyung. The physical strength she had, I could only challenge with my emotional ones as I braced myself mentally not to give in.

“No, no…. I don’t need him, Jae Kyung. I was just feeling bad for hitting him. Because like I said, I should not have concerned myself with his affairs and I had no right to hit him. My heart has been hurt enough, I know well enough that I should not go back to him…and my heart knows it too” I retorted, with all the remaining physical strength I had, as my tears were sneaked out the corner of my eyes– due to the energy I had to use to pull myself in.

 

[Jae Kyung]


I snickered as I heard what Ga Eul said.

 

“Chu Ga Eul, that is your brain speaking but are you really really sure that your heart agrees too?”

 

[Ga Eul]

And Jae Kyung bent down to my chest level and started talking to my heart.

 

“Hi, Miss Chu Ga Eul’s heart, do you love Yi Jung?”

 

And then she turned her head to the side, and scooped a hand by her ear, and leaned in closer, as if listening to my heart talking.

 

“What? Yes? Ah, I see… I know you have such a bad owner right. She’s neglecting you so much. Poor thing. Don’t worry, I will help you.”

 

And I watch as she nodded and replied and being distracted by her, I dropped my hands from the side of the door and suddenly, I was being pulled by her again.

 

“OK then, come on Miss Chu Ga Eul, I am going to help your heart, let’s move!”


I hurriedly grabbed on to one side of the door to pull myself back in.

 

“NO!” I half-screamed, with my eyes shut tight due to all the effort I was using on holding myself back into the house, knowing it was pretty much in vain since Jae Kyung had so much more strength than me.

 

But, surprisingly, I felt her grasp off me and I opened my eyes to see the back of a familiar figure in front of me, pulling Jae Kyung into a white car – his white car, as he turned to me.

 

I blinked at him as he pulled me into the white car after Jae Kyung before shutting the car door.

 

I turned to Jae Kyung as she looked at me, equally surprised as we turned to look out of the window, at Ji Hoo shutting my house’s door.

 

He didn’t bother to explain anything as he got into the car and drove off.

 

He didn’t even bother to explain as he ushered us into his house and invited us to sit as he went to get a drink for us.

 

Jae Kyung seems to have had enough of all the secrecy as she marched up to him and demanded an explanation when there were knocks on the door.

 

Ji Hoo turned away from Jae Kyung and went to look through the peephole on the door.

 

He then hurriedly went around the house and draw all his house curtains.

 

Jae Kyung, who was impatient from all the secrecy went to draw open the curtains then hurriedly draw it close again as I watched her turn around, looking shocked.

 

“What’s wrong Jae Kyung?” I asked as I rose from my seat and walked towards her position at the curtains.

 

I glanced towards the drawn curtains then back at her and I signaled her that I want to draw open the curtain, only to be stopped by Jae Kyung, who shook her head at me.

 

“Reporters” she whispered as I stare at her, not comprehending it the first time round.

 

“Yes, reporters”, Ji Hoo had finally spoken up after the long silence.

 

“You knew? How come? What happened?” Jae Kyung turned to confront him.

 

“I got to know it from Woo Bin too. I had anticipated reporters at Ga Eul’s place. But one thing I had overlooked was that they would come here too…  ” Ji Hoo started, then he paused as he looked at me, as if asking for permission.

 

“It’s my fault..” I cut in, only to be cut off by Ji Hoo.

 

“It’s not. No one wanted it to happen either but it just did.” Ji Hoo continued.

 

Jae Kyung looked confused as she tried to recall what it could be then she jerked her head up in the direction of Ga Eul, “It’s not… yesterday incident is it?”

 

“Oh goodness!” Jae Kyung exclaimed as she brought a hand up to her forehead, in exasperation.

 

“Can’t they tell the both of you already have enough on hand? Whatever are the reporters thinking? .. No, I can’t take this lying down, I am going out down to talk with them. Yes, talk with them.” Jae Kyung said as she walked in the direction of the door.

 

“No. Don’t. You will only make matter worst. You know, not everyone hears reason. Even if they hear, they are not listening.” Ji Hoo said, as he settled down on the seat of his white sofa, exuding a calm exterior despite his urgent words.

 

Jae Kyung was silent as she turned back to look at the drawn curtains, having seems to have acknowledged the meaning of Ji Hoo’s words. Curious, I pulled the curtains open slightly, to see a crowd of reporters, some knocking furiously on the door, some on the windows downstairs, some trying to take a photo whenever they can.

 

I hurriedly close the curtain to avoid being seen.

 

I thought the drama would have ended when I left the magazine agency, but it seems like things only got worse.

 

Sighing, I let the curtain fall back into place as I turn and look back inside the room.

 

“It’s no use worrying Ga Eul, take a seat first, I will make some tea for all of us.” Ji Hoo said to me as he got up from his seat to take his tea set.

 

“Ji Hoo”, he stopped in his track as he heard his name being called, “thank you.”

 

He nodded as he continued on his way.

 

Why had I been so stupid….. after such a drama, of course there would be such a big turnout. I should have remembered, dating a F4 member means an immense invasion of privacy.

 

I remembered when I first got together with Yi Jung, how reporters would flock to my house to ask me all sorts of questions.  And I remembered how he would always think of all sorts of way to help distract the reporters.

 

But he wouldn’t be here to help me anymore.

 

Thinking of that brings on a throbbing pain in my heart. I touched my heart when I realized that it is hurting.

 

Actually, Jae Kyung was right. But I want to follow my mind for once.

 

After all, he was what caused my heart to hurt in the first place.

 

And I didn’t want to hurt my heart anymore. And I believe, that one day, this pain will stop, if he is out of my life.

 

But it seems like that was still a long way away … as I looked at the drawn curtains all around me as I settled down on the sofa.

 

My mind, started to wander again, to him, as much as I tried to stop my thoughts… I found myself wondering whether he is being hounded by the reporters now, and how he was coping.

 

“Don't worry, Woo Bin is handling Yi Jung’s side of the matter,” and as if he had read my mind, Ji Hoo said as he walked into the hall, with his tea set on a tray.

 

I blushed as I looked down, feeling embarrassed that I was still thinking about Yi Jung and also to hide from the glare that Jae Kyung was now shooting me. As if saying,  “See, I told you so.”

 

The phone rang right then and I heaved a grateful sigh of relief, saved by the phone!

 

Then I realized that no one was picking up the phone and I looked at both Ji Hoo and Jae Kyung, who was only sitting on the other end of the sofa.

 

Jae Kyung shrugged; because it was after all not her house and she did not feel comfortable answering the phone.

 

And Ji Hoo, was engrossed in his tea-making session. I decided to answer the phone instead but was stopped by Ji Hoo’s hand. “It might be the reporters. Only answer your mobile phone calls.”

 

I nodded and sure enough, my mobile phone started ringing right after Ji Hoo’s home phone stopped ringing. I checked the caller ID, it was Jan Di.

 

 Before I could even say hello, JanDi had already started shooting off, “Ga Eul! What just happened? Did you and Yi Jung meet up again? How come I knew nothing about it? Jun Pyo told me you are with Ji Hoo now, why do I have to find out things about my best friend from someone else’s mouth? Chu Ga Eul, you have a lot of explaining to do!”

 

I cringed at her series of questions, not even knowing where to start, as I noticed that Ji Hoo and Jae Kyung was grinning at me, as even they could hear Jan Di’s loud voice through the phone.

 

“CHU GA EUL!” I had to hold the receiver a few cm away from my ear, to save my ear from getting deaf as Jan Di suddenly shouted.

 

“YOUR PARENTS ARE ON TV!”

 

Jae Kyung looked surprise as she too, heard what Jan di say, she walked towards the television and switched it on.

 

True enough, they were indeed on television. Live television, which was even worse.

 

I watch as they were bombarded with questions, and false accusations.

 

It broke my heart. Why? Why do they have to bother my parents when it was not even their fault..

 

Their biggest fault was probably giving birth to me, who caused this entire headache to them.

 

Yes, my mind is right.

 

The relationship I have with Yi Jung is definitely a bad one, and no, it should not be continued, I silently resolved, as I look at the television screen, unable to do anything else for my parents.

 

I was, an unfilial girl, all right.

 

But no longer, no longer. 

 

 

End of Chapter 10

-- 

A/N: *bows really deeply* mianhae, I am really really sorry for taking so long to update... had been so busy with schoolwork then with work... I have submitted my final final work and currently waiting for my cert, so now I am a full time tutor... Helping each students individually has certainly kept me really busy~ I will try to update as much as I can! And I hope this chapter is okay.... I will try to make Yi Jung appear next since Ga Eul has been appearing a looot it seems~ 

AND sorry for all grammatical or spelling errors, I don't usually proofread my work because I am lazy. hehehehehes. 

*bows again really deeply* I would really like to thank everyone who still continues to subscribe and comment on this fanfic, thank you so much! and I appreciate all of you a lot! :D