Intrusive memories

I Believe

The white wedding dress stood out among the items that were gathered in the storage room.

A ray of sunlight streaming in from a side window, shone down from the side of the dress, as it stood proud on the body mannequine, looking out of place in the dusty looking room.

The items that surrounds it, were not of inferior value, but a dress just could not blend in with a room of potteries. The dress caught his attention immediately as Yi Jung opened the creaky wooden door to the room. He had intend to look for a certain pottery piece but got reminded of a forgotten piece of memory instead.

 

Life, never ever works, in the way you intend it to.

 

[Flashback]

"When was it that you first realized that you love me?"

[End of flashback]

 

Without noticing it, a painful memory has intruded his mind. A cherished memory, but now painful, for it had become nothing, but memories.

 

Not long later, he finds himself again at the ice rink, his action a silent answer to his thoughts.

The snow that fell all around him now, reinforced the answer from his memory.

He put his skating shoes on silently, and began a slow skate around the rink, as his mind stayed distracted, recalling that lady who had frozen in her tracks in danger. He silently cursed the time-travelling mechanism of the brain, memories --- for that was all it could do, time travel to the event exactly as it was. Yet, that wasn't what he wanted, he wants the connection, the human touch, the ability to change things.

He concluded that humans must have a misconception, time travelling isn't what they should want --- what's the use if one can time travel, without doing anything? His mind wandered off again, as the feelings that struck his heart then crept into it, have memories always been so obtrusive like this?

The fear of her being in danger, the fear of her getting hurt, it pained him.

Yi Jung did not notice his surroundings while lost in his memories, skating around mindlessly, as his body already had a rhythm of it's own. His body rhythm might have helped his skating abilities but he could not have foresee what was to come.

Bam!

An out-of-control inexperienced ice-skater, too eager to show off, came crashing towards him while he was caught completely unaware. Without the defense of attention, and appropriate reaction, his body swerved and hit the side of the rink, which he was closest to while the back of his head knocked against the ice as he fell onto the ground.

The physical pain that scoured through his body jolted him awake for a moment, only to be overcame by the pain from the memories that continued to trespass his heart.

"Ga Eul.." At the last moment, he stated his innermost desire as his world slowly out.

End of Chapter 20

---

A/N: Hello all! Hope I didn't scare you all too much with Yijung's accident -- I'll be ending this fic with 4 more chapters so you will know the outcome soon! I initially wanted to finish this year, but will only be able to complete in Jan 2016. I've already drafted 2 chapters so it should be completed in Jan. Sorry for such a long ride (I took about 4 years to write all this... really taking my own sweet time :/), and all the wait -- I'll conclude with a formal thank you note after completion. Here's to wishing all of you a blessed 2016 ahead! It's time to say goodbye and let go of 2015! 

(P.s. not sure if I can share this here, but for anyone who is interested, I blog at breathlessflight.wordpress.com , you can hop over to take a look at my non-fiction writings... as for my future fanfic projects, I'll be sharing about it after I finish the last 4 chapters! :))