Because of love, people turn into fools

I Believe

Chapter 5: Because of love, people turn into fools 

 

"It's painful that everyone knows

It's so true

I'm nothing but a fool for you"

 

 [Chu Ga Eul]

 

I stared at my laptop screen, thinking of what happened yesterday.

 

Did I really saw Yi Jeong? Was that a dream? But it felt so real….

 

Seems like no matter how much I tried to avoid him, it didn’t work – whether in real life or in my mind…

 

He probably doesn’t know that I haven’t moved from my neighborhood, he probably doesn’t know that I didn’t change my phone number and he probably also doesn’t know that I don’t check my old email address anymore.

 

Because when I broke up with him, I was determined to make it a clean cut – and the first thing I did was change to a new email address, because he was the one who picked the name of my old email address.

 

Then, to avoid him, I even swopped my phone card with my best friend at my workplace for one whole month.

 

The last move might sound drastic to everyone but I felt like it was needed for me to move on; so I practically begged my parents for the permission to move out on my own – they finally relented, provided that the location was nearby. And yes, I did choose somewhere very near – a block across from where I lived previously.

 

And in the first three month that we broke up, I saw, how he came everyday without fail, to where was now my parent’s home to look for me… only to be turn away by my parents who said that they did not know where I went…

 

There was times when they seemed like they were almost giving in to him when I will call them and plead them on the phone as he stood outside the door, like a fool.

 

Sometimes, I wonder if I was too cruel…. Too cruel to him…. They asked me to give him a second chance.. but wha they didn’t know was that I had another reason behind the break-up…

 

How naïve I was, to believe a leopard could change its spot.

 

[Flashback]

 

“Ga Eul! Look how much he changed for you, from a playboy to a committed man! And see how devoted he is.. he goes to your house everyday to find you although you have already broken up! Doesn’t that show how much he loves you already?” Jandi chided as Gaeul ate her porridge.

 

From a playboy to a committed man..

 

That was all she heard…

 

And it repeated itself in her mind again and again.

 

And the bowl of porridge was then left there, untouched.

 

[End of Flashback]

 

[Ga Eul]

 

He is a playboy all the way; he has never changed…

 

He has never once been mine.

 

And to think I believed in an eternity with him, I believed we would one day get married, and I even believed in him enough to want to give my entire self to him…

 

I was the real fool, to believe that he would change. 

 

 

End of Chapter 5

---

A/N: 

I know I am leaving you all hanging on that Yi Jung being a playboy part... but don't worry, it will eventually be revealed on Yi Jung's part~ 

Thank you all so much for commenting, subscribing and reading (:

And welcome new reader chocolatenite! 

and yep, @madz, they met in the last chapter... but I'm sorry I only have Ga Eul in this chapter... P.S. the f4 will appear soon xD

@hasnida & jhen414: here, another update~~ enjoy! 

@ ALL: And just to let you readers know.. I will be very busy this coming 2 weeks as I will be filming (for my school project - my last project before graduation!), so I will only be able to update on 21 June 2011, after my graduation, I will try to update as much as I can - I try to update weekly so far, but if I can, I will make it at least twice a week. Will let you all know how often I would update again, so you can look forward to it! thanks very very much for the support ^_^.