Red Tulips

After Goodbye, What's Next?

Minho is humming a song while busy picking things in the convenience store. He is happy because of what happen yesterday and was looking forward to in what will going to happen in two weeks from now. He knows Taemin loves amusement park, especially the extreme ride, well at least the old Taemin. But he still hopes that the boy will going to enjoy their date.

Date?” Minho smile widely at the thought of him dating Taemin again. He was about to check out when he notice who is in the cashier. He walk toward Jonghyun to cash out his things. He notice that the other is surprise seeing him.

“Hello, Minho.” The guy greeted him while scanning his things.

“Hello.” He greeted back. They didn’t speak anymore word after the greeting. After paying his bill, Minho carry the bag and about to get out when Jonghyun call him.

“Minho, wait.” He get out at the cashier and look around to look for his manager that is currently busy inventory the goods. “Key, I’m going to have my break now.” He called and follow Minho.

“YAH!!!”Key called him and pull his collar from the back. “What are you talking about, it’s just ten in the morning and you started at nine.” He scold Jonghyun.

“But Key, I am hungry.” He look at Key and use his most adorable beautiful eyes to convince his manager. “And I didn’t take my breakfast. My tummy starts to hurt now. Oww.” He touch his stomach. He look at Minho who is about to left the store.

“Still no, you already left early yesterday leaving me alone here.” Key continue what he was doing.

“Then I’ll stay tonight until midnight, so that you can go home early. Call?”

Key studied Jongyun face. “Do what you want.” And bring back his attention at the inventory sheet.

“Thank you Key, I really love you.” After saying that he run after Minho and didn’t see how Key’s expression became sad.

Minho, who was about to turn in the corner when Jonghyun stops him.

“Hey wanna grab snack with me?” Jonghyun ask while panting because of running after Minho.

Minho wants to reject the invitation but then change his mind, beside he want to talk to Jonghyun about Taemin. “Sure.”

“Let’s go to that fast food.” He said and pointed the food chain across the street.

After ordering their food the both of them can’t start their conversation because of the awkwardness that is in the atmosphere. Jonghyun clear his throat to start to talk.

“Ahm… I heard from Taemin that he almost got into an accident.”

“Yes, because of some stupid guy who wants to hit the red light.” The scared feeling that he feel last night starts to rise again.

“But I also heard that you scolded him from texting while crossing the road.

Minho look up to Jonghyun. “Yes. He really gave you the exact detail about what happen. He’s really making it into a big deal.”

Everything about you is a big deal for Taemin.” Jonghyun want to say but decided not to spoil the moment. “Anyway, thank you for saving him.”

“No need for you to say that. It is Taemin that we are talking about, of course I will do that for him.” He said and, is curious why does he feel jealous to Jonghyun all of the sudden. Thinking that Taemin spends his time talking to this guy just to tell him about his daily life. When he remember something. “I heard you guys are decided to live together?”

“What?” Jonghyun put a surprise expression which make Minho confuse.

“What do you mean ‘what’? Taemin told to me that you guys are starting to leave together.

“No. I didn’t hear anything about something like that.”Jonghyun said and want to award himself for putting a good acting.

“Then-” Minho stop when he realize that he don’t know what to say.

“I don’t know why Taemin said that to you but I am sure, that it’s not going to happen.” Which partly true since he didn’t accepted it.

“Why?”

“Didn’t I told you that we are not in that kind of relationship? And I don’t want to be with someone who still love his stupid ex.” Jonghyun said and starts eating as soon as the food put down in the table. “Being stupid is a very contagious disease.” He added and stuff himself.

Minho didn’t what should he feel in that time. Happiness because it is a lie or sadness because he thought that, Teamin might really hate him to make up a lie just to drive him away.

“And oh. It is really impossible for us to live together because I am in love with someone else.” Jonghyun added.

“With whom?” After hearing that Minho wants to hug Jonghyun.

“You already saw him

Minho think who he already saw that he might connect to Jonghyun when he remember the other guy in the convenience. “That guy in the convenience?” He ask to make sure.

“Yup.” Jonghyun answer. If ever Key will find out about his lie, he is so damn dead. But he realize that it is impossible for the other to find it out since he don’t know Minho nor Taemin.

 

It was a Saturday morning and Minho doesn’t have a work, that’s why he decided to spend his whole afternoon at Taemin’s café. On his way he happens to pass a flower shop. “It’s not there last week, maybe a new one.” He walk towards the shop and found out that it just being open that day. He make a quick stroll inside the shop and found a red tulip. He pick it up and walk toward the cashier.

“Red tulip?” The old lady ask him and starts to wrap the flower, Minho nodded. “Did you know what it symbolize?” The old lady continue to wrap the flower.

“No.” Minho answer politely.

“It symbolize as ‘declaration of love’. The girl will receive this will be happy.” The lady give him the finish product and start to punch in the machine.

“It’s not for a girl though.” Minho answer, his eyes is still glued at the flower.

“Then for your boyfriend?” The lady gave him his change and smile at him. “I am so proud of you that you can be so honest about your relationship. Not the people can just publicize their relationship, especially if it’s with the same gender.” The old lady shake her head, “I don’t know why are they so ashamed of about that, they choose to be in that relationship but can’t tell the whole world that they are in love.” She sigh and patted Minho’s shoulder. “Keep it up young man, acknowledging your true feeling and relationship will lead you to your real happiness.” The lady walk away and starts to fix her flowers.

Minho left the shop, the lady’s word really shot him. Ten years ago it was so hard for him to publicize their relationship because he was afraid about the people around him, that they might criticize him. But now he will going to make things change, now that he realize how much Taemin means to him, he’s willing to shout in the whole wide world how much he love the younger.

He saw Taemin busy making coffee, as usual, from outside the café. He smile and made his way inside. He stood in front of Taemin and handed him the flower. Taemin’s expression didn’t change at all from being cold.

“What’s that for.” He ask and continue making coffee.

“Flowers for you. I remember that you love flowers. You’re always picking up some even if its wild flowers.” Minho said and headed toward the other side of the counter.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to arrange it. You have vase there? If no, I think a plastic bottle will be fine.”

“Who said that I will accept that? And I don’t want flowers in my shop. It’s contradicting the interior design.”

“Shh…! Can you just shut up and serve the customer.” Minho said when he notice that there is a new customer who enter the shop. He start looking for a vase or plastic bottle where he can put the flowers. After he finish arranging it he put it beside the cashier and smile. Luckily, Taemin was so busy that’s why he doesn’t have time to stop him about the flower. He go back at the other side of the counter and sit at the stool.

Taemin was so busy that’s why he didn’t bother the younger and just watch him from moving around the shop. He wonders why Taemin doesn’t hire anyone to help him in the stop, even though it’s not a big café, eight table in total plus the four stool at the counter, it is still busy.

Time passed so fast and Minho was about to go home, Taemin is not busy at all and just standing at the other side of the counter and studying the sales report.

“You know what I happened to meet Jonghyun yesterday.”

“Yeah, he told me that last night when I talked to him over the phone.” Taemin answer but his attention is still in the reports.

Minho jealously arise again and think, what if Jonghyun told him yesterday is true. He sigh and drive away all the worries. “You know what, Jonghyun told me yesterday that he have someone he likes.” He said that makes Taemin look at him.

“What are you talking about?” Taemin glare at Minho but the older guy just smile at him.

“I think he’s cheating on you.”

“T-that’s i-impossible. Jonghyun will not do that to me.” Taemin look down.

“Yeah maybe your right, maybe I just heard it wrong.” Minho lift Taemin face. “Since you guys are going to live together.” Minho look straight at Taemin’s eyes. “Right?” Looking at Taemin’s eyes just confirm him that everything Jonghyun said is true, this guy is can’t lie after all, his eyes saying all the truth. He release Taemin’s face and smile at the younger. “I have to go now.” He stood up and walk towards the door. “See you again and I really can’t wait for us to go to amusement park. Bye Love.” That’s it and he left the shop.

Taemin still looking at the door where Minho headed out. “W-what the hell is that expression of yours?” Taemin said and look at the red tulip. “Declaration of love?” he ask through himself and touch one petal of the flower.