Friendship?

After Goodbye, What's Next?

It was already a month since Jonghyun offer a friendship to Key. It was already a month too, since he knows that Key was his first love twin brother and it was already one month since he oblige to make himself as Key’s personal cook. It not that Key wants doesn’t want to cook. It was just base on him, it was so tiring and waste when you can just buy a food that you can eat without cooking.

He can even remember how they fought because he keeps on appearing at the other’s house with a lot off foods in his hands. Just like today when he was busy knocking at Key’s house but the other was not opening the door.

“Hey Key, open the door. I have a heavy stuff here!” He shouted and when the neighbor look at him with an angry face he just bow to make an apology. “Key!!” He shouted again ignoring the neighbor.

The door open but not that wide and Key just let his face come out. “Can you stop banging my door? You are so noisy.” Key said who was obviously just woke up.

“Did you just woke up?” Jonghyun ask the most obvious question.

“I think I don’t need to answer that question Jonghyun.” Key said but didn’t bother to open the door and just stay at where he is.

“Okay I can see that you just woke up. Sorry for asking. Now can you just open the door? I feel like my beautiful muscle start to get numb because of this stuff that I am carrying.” Jonghyun said and tried to open the door by his foot, but key hold it.

“What’s that again? I still have a lot, no, a tons of food in my fridge. I don’t need that. You can just bring that at your home. Goodbye.” Key tried to close the door but Jonghyun block it with his foot. “YAH!”

Jonghyun put all his power in his foot and use it to open the door. He smile when Key lose his grip in the door. He almost run inside the house and walk straight in the kitchen. He starts to put all the foods in the fridge and throw away all the food that starts to rot. He smile to himself while doing this stuff. It feels like they are a couple who is always arguing in a simple matter.

Then Jonghyun pause in what he was doing. “Why am I thinking about those thing? I must be crazy.” He shake his head to drive away any weird thoughts that was flying in his mind.

After he finish organizing all the food in Key’s fridge and cabinets, he went out of the kitchen and look for Key. “Hey, what do you want for-“he stops when he saw the other in the couch lying and his eyes close. “Is he sleeping again?” he walk towards Key and sat in front of him. “Yah.” He said softly and shake the other to wake him up. “How can you sleep while I am here?” He tried to shake him again but it didn’t work.

The other just making a soft snore, Jonghyun smile and pinch the other’s nose. “Hey wake up.”

“I am hungry. Cook now Jonghyun.” He almost laugh at what Key said.

“Are you dreaming about me or the foods?” He ask but Key didn’t answer and got back to his sleep. He stood up and sigh. “Well I think I have to do my work now. My lovely friend is hungry.” He said and starts to walk in the kitchen.

Key slowly open his eyes, he doesn’t know what he should feel about this situation. Though he was happy that they are now close, and can call their relationship as friends, the pain that was in the corner of his hearts starts to hurt every time he thinks that they are now friends, just friends.

He took a deep breath and put a pillow in his face. “I should just enjoy it while it last.” He thought and close his eyes again.

 

“Hey hyung, wanna come with us?” Taemin ask Jonghyun.

“Where?” Jonghyun was at Taemin’s shop and having a snack.

“Amusement park.” Taemin answer. Minho ask him again if they can spend their one month being together at the amusement park

“Hmm..Let me see. Can I bring Key with me?” He thought that it would be nice for Key to have a new friends except him. Oh well maybe he have a friends abroad, but it is still nice if he have some in their place.

“Sure hyung.” Taemin excuse himself a moment to deliver the coffee to his customer. “You’re really close to your manager now, aren’t you hyung.” He ask when he got back to the counter.

“Of course Taemin. I just realize that he is a good person but still a cold one. You know what sometimes, no matter how long I talk all he can answer is a ‘yes’ and ‘no’. Can you believe that? I feel like I am just talking to myself.” Jonghyun said and smile everytime he remember all their conversation which always turn out, his conversation with himself.

“Then why are you still want to be his friend?” Taemin start to get worried about Jonghyun. It is nice if he develop a feelings for Key but he is also concern that he might just seeing his first love at Key’s presence.

“I don’t know. I just want to be his friend. And beside I enjoy cooking him foods.”

“I wonder what Key hyung thinking?” Taemin said in a low voice but Jonghyun still managed to hear it.

“What do you mean?”

Taemin sigh. “I don’t know hyung but this situation is kind of complicated. You are aware of his feelings for you but still offer him a friendship. Isn’t that…” He pause and look at the other. “..selfish?”

Jonghyun hands froze in the air when he tries to drink his coffee when he heard what Taemin said. Is that really selfish? But Key never saying anything. And he notice that even if he still cold at him sometimes, he still seems happy.

Taemin notice that Jonghyun suddenly in hi deep thought. He took a deep breath. “I’m sorry hyung. Maybe I am just thinking too much. Maybe Key hyung really want to be friend with you. Just forget what I said.”

Jonghyun didn’t say anything and just smile at the younger. After he finish his coffee he said goodbye to Taemin. He’s thinking while he was on his way back home. Selfish. That was the words that keeps on popping in his mind. He almost hit a light post because he is in his deep thought.

“ARGH..Stop thinking.” He said and ruffle his hair. “I think I should just bother Key now. Good thing we’re off today.” He starts to walk towards Key’s house.

After some knocks he did, the door open and He saw Key wearin an apron. Apron? Why is he wearing that?” he thought to himself.

“What bring you here Jonghyun?” Key ask in his normal cold voice.

“Nothing in particular.” He answer and look at Key. “You’re wearing an apron.” He said in statement more than a question.

“Yes.” Key answer and let Jonghyun come in. “I am cooking.”

“You’re cooking?” Jonghyun was shock to know that this lazy person is now cooking. “Why?” He follow him in the kitchen and saw all the ingredient in the table.

“My friend is coming today from abroad. He’s staying here that’s why I have to prepare something.” Key said and starts to cut some vegetables.

Jonghyun didn’t say anything and just watch Key while cooking. He notice that he is preparing a difficult dishes. “tsk..how can he cook for someone whose in other place all this time and can’t even cook for me?”  He ask to himself. “Should I leave now?” He ask when he notice that Key is so busy to talk to him.

“That’s depend on you. It’s not like I am kicking you out.” Key said and put the dishes in a plate. He look at the clock and realize that his visitor will come any minute.

“But you’re-“ Jonghyun didn’t finish what he was saying when someone knock the door.

Key excuse himself and walk toward the door. Jonghyun didn’t want to follow but his body is not coordinating with his mind. In his heavy step he follow Key and was shock when he saw a man hug him.

“YAH!! KEY!! I miss you!!” the man said and lift key at the ground.

“Hey Onew hyung. Put me down.” Key said but was still laughing.

Jonghyun was froze in his foot. He never saw Key smile like that. Who the hell is this guy?

The man called Onew put Key down. “I miss you my Key. Why didn’t you contact me? I was waiting for your call since you went here.”

Jonghyun raise his eyebrow. My Key? What the hell. And how come they didn’t even bother to look at him. He was just a few steps away. It feels like they are in their own world.

‘I don’t have time because I am working.”

“Working how come you are working that is not good for you.”

“Come on hyung I have to gain some money.”

“But-“ Onew didn’t finish what he want to say when he notice Jonghyun. At last. “Who is he? He kinda look familiar.”

“He’s Jonghyun, hyung.” Key answer and look at Jonghyun who looks like he almost forget he was there.

“Jonghyun? Your brother-“

“Yes hyung.” Key cut whatever Onew gonna say.

 

Jonghyun notice a sudden anger in Onew’s eyes when he look at him but it disappear immediately. “Hi.” He said and bow his head.

“Hi, I am Onew. I am Key’s councillor.” He was Key’s councillor when the other is undergoing some treatment abroad.

“Nice meeting you. I think I don’t have to introduce myself anymore. It looks like you already know me.” Jonghyun put a little rude tone in his voice.

“Yup.” Onew answer and get back his attention to Key. “Is the food ready? I hope you cook my favorite.” Onew said and walk toward the kitchen.

Key look at Jonghyun who was just standing at the center of living room. “You want to eat to?” He ask him.

Jonghyun sigh. “I think it is better to leave now. I see that you guys need time by yourselve.” He walk to the door. “See you Key.” He said and step out.

Key took a deep breath and was still staring at the door when Onew called him. “I’m coming.”

 

Jonghyun kick the stone in the ground while he was walking. He don’t know but the image of that Onew guy hugging Key was still stuck at his mind. “They seems so close for him to know me. Did they have any special relationship? And what kind of councillor is he following Key all the way here?” He ask all the question but didn’t gain any answer.

He look at his watch and see that it is still early. “I think I should just go back at Taemin’s shop. House is so boring.”

 

“Hey.” He greeted Minho who was already at Taemin’s shop since his work is already done.

“Hey hyung?” Minho greeted him back when he saw him at the door. He is now currently helping Taemin at the shop whenever he finish his work.

“Hyung, why are you here again? I thought that you already went home?” Taemin ask who just got out from the washroom.

“I went at Key’s house.”

“And?” Taemin notice that something happen.

“He have a visitor, his councillor from US. You know what, when I got there, he was cooking for his visitor. Can you believe that? He was cooking when he said that it is so tiring.” Jonghyun said and pull a cahiar and sat down.

“Of course he is cooking, that is his visitor.” Taemin smile at how Jonghyun was acting.

“But whenever I come there, he doesn’t even bother to make a coffee for me.” He said annoyingly.

“Hyung, why are you pissed? That’s not a big deal. Of course he will cook for his councillor since he came all the way from US.”

“Hey.” Minho patted Jonghyun back. “Are you jealous?” He ask with a smile in his voice.

“Of course not!!” Jonghyun answer aggravated.

Minho chuckle and look at his boyfriend who was smiling to. “He’s jealous” that was Taemin mouthed.

Jonghyun notice the smile of the two. “Hey you guys. I am telling the truth. I am not jealous. Besides why should I? Key and I are friends.”

“Then why are so pissed hyung? It’s just a food.” Taemin said and he want to laugh at Jonghyun face. He is obviously jealous.

“It’s because he’s not doing that to me.”

“Why he should have to? It’s not like you guys have a special relationship. You are just friends, right?”

Jonghyun didn’t say anything. He also want an answer why the hell he is acting just like a jealous boyfriend.

“I am not really jealous.” He just mumble.

“If that’s what you want to believe.” Minho and Taemin said at the same time.

After spending almost an hour at Taemin’s shop Jonghyun left the place.

“I think the things that you’re scared of to happen starts now love.” Minho said to Taemin while they are washing the dishes.

“I can notice that hyung. I just hope it will not break them both.”

“I doubt that, love.” Minho said and look at the door where Jonghyun step out.

 

Jonghyun and Key was already finish their shift and now in the locker room and changing their clothes.

“Hey Key, going home now?”

“Nope. I am meeting Onew hyung.”

Hearing that name makes Jonghyun turn around at Key. “Again?” It was already a week since that Onew guy arrive and since then he haven’t had a time to spend with Key.

Key didn’t answer. After he finish fixing his hair he put his bag in his shoulder. “Goota go now. See yah.” He said and step out in the room.

“Yah!!Key!! Let’s go together.” He shouted but to his dismay the other didn’t wait for him.

 

Key drink the alcohol in one shot and he feels like his throat is burning. He and Onew is in the bar.

“Hey, take it easy. You are not use in drinking.” Onew said and was concern about the other.

“I am okay hyung.” Key answer and his voice starts to change. “I just have to do this so that I can sleep well.”

“Why are you still staying here?” Onew ask. He know all about Key and that he loves Jonghyun for a long time now.

“I don’t know hyung. Maybe I am just crazy for staying in a place that is already belong to someone else.” His tears starts to form, from the pain in his hurt or in his throat, he doesn’t know.

“Don’t you think that it is time for you to go back to the place where you really belong?” Onew ask and patted Key’s back when he saw that the other starts to cry….again.

Key gulp his sob. “I think your right hyung. I think I should go back now before everything will become more complicated and worsen.” Key said and dry his cheek “I have to let go now, because if I will stay any longer I don’t think can step out in this place where I not belong from the very starts.”

 

A.N

hmmmmm...the ending is now approaching..I don't want to end this but I don't want to make it long too..

Well, just a a few more chapters and it's done..

hope you guys will support me until the end...

thank you!!!

I love you all!!^_^ my awesome readers and subscribers