Epilogue-JongKey (Be By Your Side)

After Goodbye, What's Next?

Key was currently lying at Jonghyun’s body that night after their love making. He’s listening at the other’s heart beat and it’s like music in his ears. While Jonghyun, was busy rubbing his back and humming a lullaby to make him sleep. But Key doesn’t want to fall asleep, he’s enjoying this precious time of their life. For him there’s no more to ask for, being with Jonghyun every day is more than enough for him.

“Key? Are you still not sleepy?” Jonghyun ask him and lifted his face.

“Hmm. I don’t want to sleep Jong, I am scared that when I open my eyes in the next morning you will not be here in my side.”

“And where do you think I am going besides staying by your side? Being with you is where I belong Key.” Jonghyun said and hug Key body tightly.

“This is where I belong too, Jong. Here by your side.” Key buried his face at the other’s neck, smelling his masculine scene that was always in his body.

“Key? How much you do you love me?”

“No words can explain how much I love you Jong.”

“Then can you do me a favor?”

Key lifted his body and look at Jonghyun’s face. “Sure, what is it?”

Jonghyun sit up while holding the other’s waist. He reach something in his side table, it was a black small box. He gave it to Key.

“What’s this?” Key ask in curiosity while his eyes is in the box.

“Open it.” Jonghyun answer while smiling.

Key open the box and was surprise to see a wedding band. “Jong?” He look at the other with teary eyes.

“Being with you like this is not enough Key. I want to have you legally in front of the God. I want to make a promise not just for you, for Kibum but also to our Lord who gave me something that I am going to treasure for the rest of my life.” Jonghyun kneel at the bed and take one of the ring. “Will you marry me Key?”

Key tears starts to fall in his cheek. How come it didn’t occur in his mind that they will be getting married? He thought that the happiness that he felt from the day they started living together is the most precious one, but this happiness that he is feeling now can’t compare to any feeling that he felt from the past.

“Y-yes Jong. I will.” He said and he feels like his heart are going to explode when Jonghyun slip the ring in his finger. “Thank you Jong.” He said and he was about to pick the other ring but Jonghyun stops him. “Why.”

“I want you to put that in my finger in our wedding day.”

“When?”

“After your parents permit us to be married.”

Key was shock at what Jonghyun said. “Jong, but you know that they don’t want us to be together, well mom is.”

“Then let’s ask them again. Let’s go meet them to ask them personally.”

“W-what?”

“I ask Onew hyung to set a day for us to meet your parents there. I already both us a ticket and it really drain my pocket, Key.” Jonghyun said. He have to borrow some money to Taemin for him to buy a two ticket.

“But Jong. You don’t have to do that. They will not going to permit us. And what if they will take me away from you. I don’t want that.” Key hug Jonghyun body and he feel a little fear by just thinking that they will be apart because of his family.

“Don’t worry Key. Our love is stronger than anything. You just have to trust me.” Jonghyun touch the other’s face. “Okay?”

Key hesitantly nodded his head. He was scared. Really scared. They lay down gain in the bed to get some sleep.

 

“Key hyung, please take care of Jonghyun hyung there. His English is terrible and I am worried that he might get lost there.” Taemin said when they are in the airport to send Jonghyun and Key.

“I will Tae. Don’t worry. I will put a leash in his neck so that he will not get lost.” Key answer and while laughing. Taemin become his friend when he and Jonghyun start living together. So his boyfriend.

“Hey you to. Stop teasing me.” Jonghyun said and put his arms around Key’s shoulder. “Well even if I am not good in English, I still can use my look for me to survive there.”

“Your look there will be disregarded there.” Key laugh.

“I doubt that babe. My looks is very noticeable, you know.”

“Yeah, yeah right.” Taemin said as he wave his hands. “I think you have to go now. Your plane is already boarding.” He said when he heard the announcement.

“Okay, we have to go now. Wish us the best luck.” Jonghyun said and hold Key’s hand. “We will be informing you guys. Minho take care of Tae.” He added before they check in.

“Good luck hyung.” Minho and Taemin said while waving to the two.

 

 

“I’m nervous Jong.” Key said while they are inside the plane. They will going to meet his parents as soon as they will land in US.

“I’m here Key.”

“That’s makes me more worried.” Key chuckle a little to calm himself.

Jonghyun pet the other head which is resting in his shoulder. “We still have 24 hours before meeting your parent’s let’s just relax and enjoy this trip.”

Key just sigh and look at the outside the window where all he can see is an endless clouds. What will going to happen once they meet his parents? What are they going to say about him and Jonghyun relationship? Key have a lot of question in his mind and was looking the answer in the clouds but it didn’t give him anything. He holds Jonghyun hands who’s resting in his lap before he close his eyes.

 

 

How come that that almost twenty four hours travel from Korea to US feels like just an hour because they are now sitting in the restaurant where they are going to meet Key’s parents. As soon as they landed to the airport and got pick up by Onew. They go straight to the restaurant and now waiting for his parents.

Key’s hands starts to sweat and shake because of his nervousness. Jonghyun who notice his boyfriend shaking body, hold the other’s hand and when Key look at him, he just give him a soft smile to calm Key.

“Don’t worry. Everything will be alright.”

Key just smile and nodded. He takes a deep breath but was not able to release the air when he saw his parents approaching them. He clench his hands to stop it from shaking but it didn’t work. He fell Jonghyun pull him up so that they can give a bow to the two elders.

“Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Kim.” Jonghyun greeted the two.

Key saw his father smile a little bit to Jonghyun and he greeated back But when he look at his mother, the hatred is in her eyes. “H-hello mom, dad.” He greeted them in eyes was looking down.

“Hello on the both of you. Let’s take a seat.” Mr. Kim said.

“What do you want to tell us?” Key’s mother ask Jonghyun.

“I just want to ask your permission for me to marry your son.” Jonghyun answer directly.

Mrs. Kim chuckle. “And do you think that we will give it to you?”

“Yes.” Key look at Jonghyun because he was surprise on how the other answer his mother.

“Then you must be dreaming Jonghyun. I am not going to give my permission to someone who killed my other son.”

Key’s anger starts to rise and he wants to say something but got stop when his father speak.

“Come on mother. I know that you already forgave him and it’s not really like it was him you killed Kibum. That was an accident and he was just got lucky that he survive that accident. And now I know why you survive that tragic moment. You live so that you can love my Key.” Mr. Kim said as smile at the two younger.

“Daddy!!” Mrs. Kim shouted.

“Let’s just give them our permission mom. Beside Jonghyun had been asking us for almost three months now. And I saw you once smiling at one of his message, is it something about grandchild?”

“What do you mean by that dad?” Key ask his father.

“Jonghyun had been sending us e-mails, letter and text messages about him marrying you.” His father answer and look at Jonghyun. “You almost fill my inbox son.” He chuckle.

“You’ve been talking to my parent’s?” Key can’t believe that Jonghyun had been doing something like that.

“Yup.”

“How did you know their e-mail and phone numbers?”

“From Onew hyung” Jonghyun answer and he stands up. “Please Mr. and Mrs. Kim. Let me marry your son. I promise to give him happiness and I am going to protect him with my own life. “Jonghyun bow his head.

Key was looking at his boyfriend with amaze look. Then he look at his mother who was looking at him too.

“Do you really love him Key?”

“Yes mother. I love him so much.” Key said with so much determination in his eyes and he hold his boyfriends hands.

Mrs. Kim clear . “When do you plan to have the wedding day?”

Key look at his mother with a surprise look and he can’t stop to smile at her.

“I want to have it next month.” Jonghyun answer.

“Okay then but I want you to have you wedding here. I am so busy with my work and I don’t have plan to go to Korea. Besides I don’t think that it is possible for you to get married there.”

“Yes Mrs. Kim, that’s what I plan. And I also want to inform you that I am planning to migrate here with Key so that he will not be far from the both of you.”

When Mrs. Kim hear that a smile show in her face. Key stands up and walk to his mother. “Thank you mom. Thank you for allowing me to be with Jong. I love him so much and I love you and dad too.” Key said as he buried his face in his mother’s neck.

“I love you too Key. And I realize that I cannot afford to lose another son just because of my selfishness. I just want you to be happy and if it’s Jonghyung who can give you that, then I think I have to give you to him.” Mrs. Kim pat her son’s back when he feels that he is crying.

“Thank you mom.”

 

One month after

“Key can you stop walking around? I am starting to get dizzy looking at you.”

“But mom, I am nervous.” He said while he is biting his nails.

“Why you are nervous, you should be happy since this is your wedding day.”

“I don’t know mom. I’m just nervous.”

“Let’s go guys. Jonghyun must been there.” His father called them.

While they are in the car Key’s heart was about to explode as they approaching the church. He saw some of their friends outside the church. He took a deep breath before he get off the car.

When the guest saw him they wave at him before they enter the church. Key walk at the church and he stands at the entrance where he can see Jonghyun at the other end of the aisle. He starts to walk when the song starts. He was looking at his husbands eyes while walking towards him. And he was holding his tears because he doesn’t want to ruin his face. He wants to be presentable when he will face the God as they deliver their promises.

Jonghyun reach out his hands to him when he reach the altar and he smile at him.

“That was a very long march, babe.”

Key just chuckle. The ceremony starts.

“I, Kim Jonghyun, promise to love Kim Key for the rest of my life. Though sickness and heath, happiness and sorrow, till death do us part.”

“I Kim Key, promise to love Kim Jonghyun for the rest of my life. Though sickness and heath, happiness and sorrow, till death do us part.”

After the vow, Jonghyun put the wedding band at Key’s ring finger, again. And Key do the same thing. The ceremony ends when they sealed their promises with a kiss.

Key look at his parent’s and was happy when he saw that they are smiling at them. He mumble a small ‘I love you’ to his parents and give them a flying kiss.

 

 

Key and Jonghyun was currently at the beach side watching the sunset.

“I don’t feel like I married to you.” Key said while he was resting his head at Jonghyun shoulder.

“Why?”

“My surname didn’t change.”

Jonghyun laugh, he just realize that now. “So what, name is not important as long as we had our vows and promises to God. That’s the really meaning of marriage.” Jonghyun said while he was massaging Key’s palm. “I just wish that you met my parents before they leave this world. I am sure they will going to love you.”

“I wish that I met them too Jong. But I know that they are watching us now and that they are happy for the both of us. The same as Kibum hyung.”

“I know Key.” Jonghyun pull Key and he look at his face. “I love you Key, and I am not going to love anyone else but you.”

Key smile and hold Jonghyun hands which is holding his face. “I love you too, Jonghyun. With all my life.” He said and move closer to kiss the other.

 

 

A/N

here it is, Jongkey's wedding. I just realize that it is a good idea to finish the story with their wedding..

hope you guys enjoy this^_^even if the wedding is kinda ^_^