A morning full of surprise

Love that stays

Chapter 4: A morning full of surprise

“Donghae Oppa is acting so strangely today,” Jessica murmured to herself while on her way to meet the named Kris. The series of things that happened in the morning brings her confusion as well as happiness.

The Saturday morning rays penetrated through the window, shining brightly on Jessica face reflecting her flawless facial features. She shielded her eyes with her hand and slowly flicker her eyes open. She sat up, stretched her lazy bones and rubbed her sleepy eyes. She got up from the bed and realized she was in her own room. She scratched her head feeling puzzled on how she ends up in her own room when the last time she remembered that she was in the living room.

She jerked up when she sees that the digital clock flashes 1030 a.m. It’s been so long that she wakes up later than 8 a.m. She quickly hurried down to the dining table and then slowed down her pace when she noticed Donghae.

When Donghae sees her walking down the stairs, he gulped a spoonful of saliva down his throat and grabbed the newspaper on the table, pretending he was reading it. Obviously, he had already read it earlier but he need distraction right now.

“Morning,” she greets softly and sat down like the usual, not expecting he will look at her and greets her back.

However, she widened her eyes, and then blinked it rapidly and stared at him at disbelief, a small smile was visible on her face when she clearly heard him greeted her back a simple morning though the paper still covered his handsome face. He had never ever greets her before.

Donghae smirked when he stole a quick glance at the smiling Jessica. The ahjumma then served her a plate of sumptuous breakfast. “Gomawo ahjumma, I’m sorry that I woke up late,” Jessica apologized and the ahjumma shook her head and smiled.

“Ahjumma, did you bought these orchids? It’s beautiful,” she commented when she noticed the fresh orchids are arranged neatly in an exquisite vase.

“Ani Miss, it was Sir Donghae who bought it home,” the ahjumma answered.

It was more surprising to her to know that it was Donghae who bought flowers back. For once, she hopes that he bought for her but her hope was crushed when he suddenly nonchalantly says, “It belonged to my colleague and find it a waste that she wanted to throw it so I brought it home.”

It was obviously a lie since he cannot let her think that he bought it for her. He still has that ego he needs to maintain. But seeing how her face brightens up nonetheless makes his lip form a thin line. Then, silence engulfed between them as they continued with their breakfast.

Jessica only had a few mouthful of the breakfast before she signaled the ahjumma to collect the plates. Donghae frowned at how little she had, no wonder she weighs like a feather when he carried her back to her own room. Thinking of last night, his face turned scarlet red remembering how he carefully put her on the bed, caressing her face tenderly before he leaned in and gently kissed on her forehead, whispering good night to her. It was so strange that his heart seemed to be opening up and warming up, giving way in for her.

Another surprising action from him which caught Jessica off guard was when he pushed his plate to her and she looked at him curiously. This was the moment when their eyes met for the first time, it sends electrifying circuits in her body and not knowing that the latter feels the same way as well. He shifted his eyes away and said, “You need to eat more.”

“Arasso, Gomawo,” her heart skipped a beat and felt a sudden pang of happiness and yet a little afraid of  Donghae sudden change.

Even Donghae, himself, did not what gotten into him when he suddenly announced to the air particularly wanting Jessica to hear it. “I’m coming home for dinner.” 

***

Author note:

Next chapter will be krissica meet up (:

Thank you for your comments, subscription and votes.