Their first official date

Love that stays

Chapter 7: Their first official date

If it was just a dream, please don’t ever wake me up.

“Jess…” she felt a soft nudge on her shoulder followed by a warmth touch her head. “Jess… it’s time to wake up…” it was a familiar voice; a voice belonged to a man, calling her softly.

At last, she reluctantly opened her eyes, rubbing her sleepy eyes. She really don’t feel like getting awake because she was having a really sweet dream earlier, she dreamt that Donghae was finally talking to her, feeding her and smiling to her.

When she finally gets a clearer view of the person sitting on her bed with a smile, she quickly shot up and sat on the bed. “Donghae?” She was really surprised to see him in her room and she felt her heart raced when he flashed yet another charming smile at her.

“Morning, it’s time to have breakfast,” he even went to the extent of bringing the tray of breakfast inside to her room.

It wasn’t a dream after all. It was true. Happiness was evident in her face. However, his sudden care and actions somehow made her worried and afraid, she’s afraid that at a point of time, he will return back to his coldness self.  

“Why not you go and wash up first?” Donghae can’t help but to chuckled when she was spacing out.

“Neh?” she blushed and scurried off to the bathroom.

How cute… he thought.

A smile formed on her face when she saw Donghae settled himself comfortably at the small sofa and meticulously poured the syrup onto the pancake. He had his charming smile plastered on his face as they enjoyed their breakfast in blissful silence. She couldn’t be more than happier with his 180 degree changes. She timidly steals quick glances at Donghae who was eating his pancakes. How she wished that this scene would stop and then replay every single morning.

Donghae was startled and felt his heart drumming when Jessica suddenly used her thumb to wipe at the edge of his mouth. Her simple touch caused a chaos inside him. He unconsciously shoved her wrist aside. “Mianhe, there’s stain on the crook of your lip,” she apologized and was hurt by his rejection. But this isn’t the first time, ain’t it?

Donghae felt a surge of guilt within him because it appeared that he did it intentionally whereas he wasn’t. Jessica dared not look at him and instead she stared down at her plate.  Great job Lee Donghae, he scolded himself.

“Do you have any places in mind that you want to go?” suddenly Donghae asked, trying salvaged this awkward situation.  

She looked up and they locked their eyes for brief seconds. “Uh-” she nodded yes. She had been dreaming of going to lotte world with him.

“Where?” he asked and his eyes had never left her. It struck to him that she was a natural innocent beauty, how would he not noticed it before.

“Lotte world?” she purse her lip, confused on why would he suddenly asked.

 “Then let’s go to lotte world after breakfast,” he suggested with a grin.

“Chinja? As in you and me, together?” she widened her eyes in surprise. He was really a changed person ever since yesterday. Though it was still puzzling and weird, she was really happy with his change.

He nodded. “So, finished your breakfast and I will see you downstairs once you are ready.”

Straight after Donghae left her room, she kept pacing around her room nervously and began rummaging her wardrobe, finding the piece of clothes that she wanted to wear when she go lotte world. She never thought she would have the chance to wear the outfit she had planned for the lotte world with him. “Omo! It’s our first date!” she kept yelling happily and excitedly inside her head.

She hurriedly changed into a printed romper and braided her hair to one side. She quickly applied light foundation and blush, checked herself one last time in the full length mirror before she skipped her way down to meet Donghae.  

And there he was sitting at the couch with his leg crossed, reading newspaper. She nervously walked to his side and murmured, “Hey.” She doesn’t address him ‘Oppa’ anymore because she knows he disliked her calling him that.

Donghae then folded the paper and titled his head up to Jessica. For one moment, he was star struck by her beauty. She looked amazingly attractive and cute with the braid. After realizing he was staring at her, he blinked his eyes and stood up. “Let’s go,” he began walking with Jessica following behind.

Throughout the journey, it was extremely awkward and silence till he decided to tune in to a radio station allowing music to fill this quietness. She doesn’t mind at all if he doesn’t talk to her because to her, she was already grateful for being able to be in a close distance with him and that the fact he was slowly opening his up to her. She wouldn’t ask for more but stayed like this this way.

They had finally arrived Lotte World and it was crowded as expected. People are squeezing through their way in and about. Donghae was excited because he had always wanted to come here with the one he love but never had the chance, not even when he was on dates with Yoona because Yoona doesn’t enjoyed ride and all. He had never thought that he was right here with Jessica, a woman whom he used to hate and to be angered.

When he noticed that Jessica was uncomfortable with the others who brushed through her, he grabbed her wrist and gently pulled her to his side. Her heart skipped a beat but allowed her hand fitted nicely onto his. It was truly their first official date and she wanted this moment to be always remembered. She smiled at him and pulled him to a cart where it sells those cute little bands. She browsed through all the hair bands and picked up one nemo pattern band and put it on Donghae head. “You looked cute with this,” she chuckled.

Donghae frowned at her selection. “Why a fish?”

“Because you looked like one,” she laughed cutely. This is the first time he saw her laugh and he can’t help but to laugh as well.

He then took the most unattractive character and wears it on her head. “I think this suit you very well,” he laughed. Jessica pouted and shook her head, “Andae…” she chose the Minnie mouse and replaced the one on her head. “I am Minnie mouse, the cutest one,” she playfully pokes her tongue at him.

“Then I am the Mickey mouse so I can match with my cutest Minnie mouse,” he told.

“No, you should be Nemo,” she argued. And the two began bickered playfully and debated they should be which character.

The ahjumma who witnessed their interaction commented, “Aigoo, you guys are a lovely blissful couple.”

Both Donghae and Jessica stopped what they are doing and blushed at the ahjumma comment. “Thank you, ahjumma,” Jessica bowed politely.

“Young man and woman, you should cherish your relationship. Because you two make a cutest couple I ever seen here,” the ahjumma stated. “And I personally think that Mickey and Minnie matched you very well.”

“Neh Ahjumma, we will take these,” Donghae paid and both of them ended wearing a Mickey and Minnie head band. Both of them felt so blessed inside of what the ahjumma said earlier.

“Shall we take a photo?” Jessica suggested.

They found a spot where it was much quiet and less people. Donghae took her phone and offered to capture their picture. A smirk formed on his face when he told Jessica, “I think there’s a faint spot on my cheek, can you help me check?”

Jessica tiptoed and leaned towards his cheek, helped him to check but she couldn’t see it. Suddenly she heard a snap sound and Donghae triumphed with happiness upon seeing the photo went well as what he had planned. The photo appeared to be like Jessica pecked on his cheek with a happy smile formed on his face.

“Jessica Jung stole a peck from my cheek,” he commented proudly.

She doesn’t realize it until she saw the photo he showed to her. Her face turned scarlet red, “Give me my phone, I’m going to delete it.”

But of course the already in playful mood Donghae refused and instead he held the phone beyond Jessica reach and quickly forwards the photo to his phone. Until he succeeded, he returned her phone. “You can delete it if you want but I have a copy in mine.”

Jessica puffed her cheek and defeated dropped her phone back to her bag. She is going to keep the photo since it looked cute. She is happy that he is back to when they were young, enjoying and teasing each other and oh how she missed those moments. She wanted this moment to stay.

He chuckled when he witnessed her pouts, it was cute and only her, could pull off this special cute pout in his opinion. They then started to tour around in the Lotte world and took thrilling rides and watched performances. They were both hand in hand without any awkwardness and they were really happy and enjoyed themselves to the fullest with all those teasing and accompanies. They really looked like a couple who just started dated when they are already married for a year.

She looked at their intertwined finger and smiled to herself before she gazed at Donghae who was buying snacks. I really wish we could stay like this forever.

***

Annyeong! It's been a long while, did you guys miss me? kekeke~

Hopefully this chapter brings you smile because of haesica interactions. 

There will be part 2 of their date, look forward to it (although i don't know when will I update again :( ) as I will give you ultimate sweet moments of them.

Thereafter, there will be appearance of Krissica. 

xoxo.