Their date continues

Love that stays

Chapter 8: Their date continues

Jessica and Donghae were both pretty much exhausted their energy on the rides earlier. They sat on the bench and drank water to hydrate themselves as they witnessed the sun slowly going down the horizon with unwavering gaze.

They silently watched the sky turned and thought about how quick the day was going to end. Until suddenly, both of them exclaimed excitedly in unison, “Do you want to ice skate?”

They broke into small laughs and happily made their way to the ice rink. The ice rink was packed with enthusiastic skaters and Donghae gentlemanly extended his hand for her to grip onto. She gladly accepted since he skate better than her and it will be safer if she just hold onto him and led her. They skated along the rink side by side with smiles on their face.

Just then, someone brushed through Jessica body causing her to lose her momentum and balance. Donghae felt a pull towards his left and as reflex, he pulled her back and she hugged his waist tightly. With the impact of sudden force, both of them began spinning rounds with each synchronized steps. They gazed and locked their eyes as they spun around with accelerating heart beats. It seemed to them that the world belongs to them only.

At last, they stopped and she bit her lips, removed her hands from his waist. “Thank you.” He smiled as he noticed her blushed.

“Come on,” he grabbed her hand. “That’s enough for the day.”

Her heart is unable to take it with all of his sudden affection towards her. She followed him with their hands still intertwined to the car park. She cannot stop smiling and blushing while his face shows no emotion but his heart was smiling.

Donghae insert the car key and start the engine but the engine did not work. He removed the key and inserted in again, and again the car just won’t start.

“What happened?” Jessica asked.

“I guess we have to spend a night here,” Donghae replied as he observed her. “The car died.”

When they approached the hotel receptionist, the young lady greeted them with smile and assisted them in checking the availability of rooms. Few seconds later, she told them that there is only one and the last room available for them.

Making their way to the room in complete silence, Jessica doesn’t know if he is alright with sharing the room with her because from what she noticed earlier from him, he was poker face. He wasn’t showing any displeased yet he wasn’t happy too.

Unknowingly they are standing in front of the room door located at far end. “Are you fine with sharing a room together?” finally Jessica asked, feeling her heart felt lighter after it unload.

“I’m good,” he simply said as he inserted the card to the holder and the door clicked open. She wasn’t convinced by it. She knew that he doesn’t want to share a room with her alone and to be honest, she was hurt. She thought that they were all good having fun with one another in the theme park and all his affection which proved to her that he was making an effort and that he is opening up to her. But now she could feel the awkwardness and slight coldness from him again.

“I will go down and asked the receptionist if any guest had checked out at this time so there might be another room available for me,” Jessica said softly and about to turn back.

“No don’t…” he sounded desperate and sorry as he grabbed hold her wrist. Her heart skipped a beat. He pulled her in and the door closed itself. They locked their eyes and their heart was burning ferociously inside.

They inched their lip closer and attached, kissing passionately as they tightened their hugs. Donghae then tasted something salty and wet; he broke apart and gazed at the teary Jessica. He was panic, “Sica… why did you cry? I’m sorry if I…”

He was hushed when Jessica placed her index finger on his lip and shook her head. “I was happy but also confused.”

He used his thumb and gently wiped her tear off. He then listened to her when she continued, “If you don’t like me, please don’t treat me good, don’t raise my hope that you might possibly like me and then crushed it because my heart couldn’t take it.”

He felt needles poking him inside. “Give me time, I want to learn how to love you,” he said earnestly. He really wanted to walk out from the past and to start a brand new life with Jessica.

Jessica stared at him. “Is it true?”

“Yes. I want to start our life as husband and wife from today onwards. I want to love you like how much you love me although it might take some time.”

She blinked her eyes. She felt thankful for his change. “I know I can never replace Yoona in your heart but I will give you ample of time and I am sure one day I will hold a significant place in your heart,” she held his hand and smiled weakly at him.

He nodded, not saying anything else more. Yoona, I’m sorry that I will bury you deep down as a part of my sweet memories and to learn to love your best friend, your sister, Jessica. You will look after us and give us your blessing from above, won’t you? He whispered his message to Yoona in his heart.

“Come, go and take a shower and sleep. It’s getting late,” Donghae smiled and patted her head.

They rested next to each other with a huge gap in between, Jessica purse her lip with her heart beating furiously and she gripped onto the duvet. She doesn’t want to look to her left where Donghae was lying topless. He smirked when he caught her stole a quick glance at him and he decided to snuggle closer in to his right until their body contacted each other, electrifying their every cell.

“Aren’t you going to give your husband a good night kiss, my wifey?” He whispered to her ears, continued to tease his blushing mad wife.

She quickly titled her head and planted a quick peck on his cheek. Now it was his turn to feel his cheek heated up. “Good night hubby.”

“Good night wifey,” he smiled, loving how she addressed him as hubby. It sounded more sweet and close to heart. Their date had unexpectedly turned out to create a big step for them to bridge their heart and a most memorable one to them. 

***

Happy 2014!

A new year resolutions, I hope that I can be inspirational writer and update my stories frequently. 

I want take this chance to thank everyone who supported me throughout these past 2 years. *bowed*

But pardon me for the poorly ploted scene and writing for this chapter.