Mistakes

Love that stays

“Ugh,” Donghae grunted and pressed onto his temple. Damn it, he cursed the hangover.

He tried to sit up but felt a heavy weight on him, casting his eyes downwards was when he realized it was Jessica head resting on his chest. His heart was then stringed in between less anger and more guilt.

Did I do or say anything hurtful to her?

He almost going to her hair but retreated when he felt her fidgeted. He closed his eyes immediately and pretended to be asleep still.

He felt the weight of her removed, she rubbed her puffy eyes, stained with dried tears. She pursed her lip as she traced her finger along his jawline. “I am sorry. I love you,” and she planted a kiss on his cheek.

She was crying again. His heart cringed and twisted when her tears dropped on his cheek. Just then, she suddenly felt her stomach flipped and nauseous. She covered and dashed straight to the toilet and threw up.

Donghae jolted up from the bed and went to her side after hearing her throwing up uneasy.

“Are you okay?” he squatted next to her and patted her back, attempted to ease her discomfort. He grabbed the tissue paper and passed to her.

“I’m fine,” she managed her words out as she vomited for the last time.

“Oppa,” she glanced up to meet his eyes, his heart melted but he turned away. She held onto his wrist and made him stayed at his position. “I need to explain myself to you, please,” she made her plead.

He really wanted to hear her good explanation but the image of Kris and her kissed surfaced in his mind, it really angered him. He was beyond jealous, sad and frustrated, the previous lacking of time spent together was another reason which added oil onto current fire.  

He harshly removed her grip on his and left, giving her no chance at all to explain everything to him. “Oppa!” she shouted for him but he never turned back.

That whole day, she didn’t see him at all. She wondered if he went drinking again. She wasn’t feeling well at all. Again, she waited for him that night but he did not come back.

She was anxious and worried if he had met any mishap. Her worries eased when she received a message from him finally in the morning. I am away for business trip.

When will you be back?  She replied instantly.

It took him hours to reply her back. 3 days.

His message was cold but she forced a smile

Be safe and take care of yourself. I love you. There was no reply from him since then. At least he informed you. He still care but he is also avoiding me. He just need some time and everything will work out once he’s back and when I explain myself.

Her phone rang and she answered immediately with a cheerful tone, “Oppa.”

“Hey Jess, it’s me, Kris,” he sounded disappointed.

“Oh Kris, why did you call?” her voice was deadpanned.

“Is it inconvenient for me to call you right now?” he asked.

“No, what is it?”

“How are you already? Are you feeling better? I am still worried,” he said.

“I am feeling alright. Thank you for your concern,” she can’t help for sounding cold.

“That’s a relief. Will I see you tomorrow at office?”

She hesitated, she don’t want to lead Kris on or caused any unnecessary misunderstanding again. She breathed in. “I guess so.”

“Great. See you tomorrow.”

“Deh,” she hung up the call.

Donghae, I miss you. She hugged the cushion.

***

Be safe and take care of yourself. I love you. Donghae read the message again. He had wanted to say those words to her too but he can’t bring himself to say. He was worried for her health because the last time he saw her, she looked pale and moreover she had vomited. Is there something wrong with her body? I shouldn’t have left her alone. What is her gastric is acting up?

“Mr. Lee, the clients had been waiting,” his secretary informed.

He slid his phone back into his pocket and went to the drinking bar with his secretary. To him, drinking helped him to forget the pain, the hurt, the betrayal. He continued his drinking after the meeting had ended.

“Hi beautiful stranger, can you buy me a drink?” a woman sat next to him and had a seductive smirk on her face.

He took a quick glance at her, though she was pretty, he ignored her. The woman then snatched the cup of liquor from him and gulped it in one mouth. She overturned the cup to prove it is empty and winked, “Thank you for your drink, stranger.”

He smirked. “You are a pretty good drinker huh.”

She snuggled closer to him and whispered into his ear, “I am pretty good in bed as well.”

“Are you trying to seduce me?” he snickered, half drunk.

“Is it working?”

“Sorry to say, it is not working. I have a wife I love,” he told her.

“I believe that you must have fight with your wife, if not you won’t be here alone drinking so much,” she smirked and her fingers began to draw circle at his thigh.

“It is none of your business,” he yanked her flirty hand away. “Go away.”

The woman is persistent in her way to him. “Trust me, I will make you forget everything right now tonight,” she blew into his ears.

He was not affected at all. He stood up and paid for his bill.

“Yah! Stop it right there,” the woman shouted behind. She felt humiliated for being rejected and left behind. She had never once failed in seducing man.

Donghae wobbly walked to his hotel room, not knowing that the woman had followed him behind. He took his phone out and made a drunk call to Jessica.

“Oppa?” Jessica was delighted that he called.

She heard him slurring with his words. “Are you drunk?”

He laughed and dropped his phone in front of his room.

The woman crossed her arms and held an evil smile and approached him.

I am going to make you pay, she smirked when she saw the caller ID shown ‘Wife’

“Oppa,” Jessica called.

“Oppa, faster… faster… ah…” Jessica was so shocked to hear another woman voice in the background.

Tears rolled down her from the side of her eyes, she couldn’t believe what she is hearing right now. She quickly ended the call. She don’t want to believe it was Donghae. It can’t be Donghae, her Donghae.

The woman purposely left her lipstick mark on his collar. “I shall see how you are going to explain to your wife.” 

-------

More misunderstandings. Didn't meant to plan out like this :(

Sorry and thank you for the wait.