Attending party (II)

Love that stays

“Jessica?” an uncertain voice called from behind.

She titled her head to where the source of the voice came and she came face to face with the person.

“It’s really you!” he exclaimed happily.

“Hey Kris!” she smiled, feeling equally surprised to see him here. He was dashing and attractive in his own.

“What are you doing here?” both asked and broke into small laugh.

“I’m here to attend my cousin birthday,” he answered first.

Her eyes widened, “Who’s your cousin?”

“Hyoyeon,” he smiled. “What about you?”

“The world is so small, Hyoyeon is my best friend,” her lip curled into a huge grin.

It seem like we are fated, he thought while smiling.

Kris held his glass of wine up and offered, she did the same and the glasses clanked.

 “You look gorgeous,” he sincerely complimented.

“Oh thanks,” she smiled inwardly when she found him staring at her intently.

Just then, Hyoyeon came and joined them after spotting them. “Sica! Kris!”

“You two know each other?” Hyoyeon raised her brows and they nodded.

“Where’s Donghae?”

“He’s helping Eunhyuk with something,” Jessica replied.

Who’s Donghae, he questioned inside.

“Miss me already?” Jessica felt a pair of warm arms s around her waist.

“Oppa,” she blushed and slapped his arm playfully.

Kris eye widened upon the scene in front. He felt a surge of jealousy boiled within him.

“Opps, allow me to introduce you, this is Kris, Hyoyeon cousin and a friend of mine and this is Donghae, my husband,” she introduced them.

HUSBAND?!?!?! SHE IS MARRIED!?!?!?! Kris screamed inside his head.

“Hi Kris, nice meeting you,” Donghae extended his hand while Kris is still spacing out, unable to accept the fact until Hyoyeon nudged him.

“Hi Donghae, it’s nice meeting you too,” Kris accepted the handshake.

Hyoyeon observed Kris reaction and secretly smirked when instinct told her that Kris is interested in Jessica. She pulled Kris away and smiled at the couple, excusing themselves, “I’ve got a lot to catch up with my cousin.”

“Are you starting to fall for my best friend, Jessica?” Hyoyeon questioned Kris when they are alone.

“Yes but I’m too late. She’s already married and I didn’t know it at all, I should have guessed it since she’s a good catch,” Kris sighed. He had never once fall in love with someone in first sight and when he does, the person is out of the league.

Hyoyeon patted Kris shoulder as a comfort. “I hope you two had met first so she wouldn’t need to go through emotional suffer before,” before she could continue, Kris interrupted.

“Why did you say that?” Kris was curious. He listened attentively to every word Hyoyeon had told him regarding the relationship between Jessica and Donghae.

“But now I had noticed that Jessica is genuinely happy because Donghae had changed and starting to like her now,” Hyoyeon ended. It had made Kris admired and fall for Jessica even more. In his eyes, she is a selfless woman who sacrifices for the one she loves. If they couldn’t be lovers, then he can at least be her friend, her pillar.

In the meanwhile…

“Are you tired? Do you want to go back now?” Donghae asked when he noticed her small yawn.

“No, Hyoyeon said she got something to announce soon so let’s just wait until then,” Jessica stated.

“So who’s that Kris guy?” finally Donghae asked.

“He’s a friend whom I met once on the streets and then we started to become friends,” she replied.

“Are you jealous?” she chuckled after a few seconds.

“No, I’m not,” he denied.

“He’s just a friend, really, you don’t have to be jealous,” Jessica tightened their grip and assured.

“Told you that I am not, just don’t get too close to him, alright?” he said. He gets this feeling that Kris had interest on his wife and she doesn’t notice it at all.

She pouted, “Why? He’s just a friend and I think we can get along well with him too. He’s a nice guy though.”

Before he could make any statement, the microphone sounded. “Dear friends…”

It was Hyoyeon voice. She and Eunhyuk were standing on a mini stage in front of them. “Thank you all for coming down to celebrate my beautiful wife birthday. Let’s us all raised a birthday toast for Hyoyeon, happy birthday!”

“Happy Birthday!” everyone toasted.

“Thank you all. Besides that, we have important news to announce,” Hyoyeon smiled widely.

“We just want to share our happiness to each and every one here present. Hyoyeon is a month pregnant, very soon we have a baby boy or girl into our life,” Eunhyuk proudly announced.

“Oh my gosh! Why didn’t you tell me anything about it?! Am I still your best friend?!” Jessica pouted and exclaimed happily, giving her a big hug. “Congrats!”

“I wanted it to be a surprise!” Hyoyeon stated excitedly. “I can’t believe I’m going to be mummy!”

“I must be your child first god mother!” Jessica demanded happily.

“Sure! You know even if you don’t ask, I will force you to be the godmother of my child,” Hyoyeon had a huge grin plastered on her face.

“Congrats Bro!” Donghae gave a manly brief hug to Eunhyuk. “I will be the first god father too!”

Kris awkwardly stood near them with his eyes glued on Jessica. “Then I am the no. 2 god father.”

“Is it a boy or girl?” Jessica is more curious and excited than Hyoyeon.

“It’s still early, besides Eunhyuk and I had agreed not to know if the fetus gender to keep it a surprise,” Hyoyeon stated.

“You know, you guys should also start working hard in production. I can see how much Jessica loves kid,” Eunhyuk encouraged playfully.

“We will definitely work hard and let’s make a promise that our kids will get married together in future,” Donghae suggested and winked at Jessica.

***

:D Hope you enjoy reading...