Krissica meets

Love that stays

Chapter 5: Krissica meets

The tall blonde man surprisingly arrived earlier than arranged and he stood patiently under the lamp post, waiting for Jessica. His face immediately lit up a smile when he spotted Jessica striding towards him and waved at him with a smile radiated from her face. He can’t help but to notice how high spirited she was. Even some passerby would turn back to take a second glance at her.  

Jessica waved at him as she approached him with apologies. “Hey, I’m sorry if I’m late?”

“No worries, you are on time actually,” he replied, smiling.

“Umm, you looked different today,” she pointed out straightly. “You are not wearing your spectacles.”

Kris felt his cheek burnt as he scratched his head whenever he was nervous. “Erm… Yeah, I think that contact lens suit me better.”

She smiled with agreement. Kris was bouncing with joy that Jessica actually noticed him. “Oh Kris shi, your phone,” she fished his phone from her Prada bag.

He accepted it with thanks and returned hers as well. “Umm, Jessica shi, are you free now?” he stuttered. “I happened to know a coffee house nearby which makes really graded coffee, would you like to try?”

She checked the time and agreed smiling. “Sure, I will be free for a couple more hours. By the way, please address me as Jessica.”

“And address me as Kris,” he said.

They entered the said coffee house and settled themselves at far cozy corner. They sat across each other and began to browse through the menu given by the waitress. “May I take your order? The waitress prepared her pad and pen ready to take down their orders.

“Can I have Caramel Macchiato?” both of them spoke at the same time.

They looked at each other before breaking down into chuckles. “Two cups of caramel Macchiato please,” Kris requested.

“So we have the same likes,” Kris said and she nodded.

Very soon, they began to warm up with each other and they get along pretty well. Through their conversation, they realized that they are both raised in states therefore they started to converse in their comfortable language- English.  They had endless topic as though they are long lost friends.

“So what do for a living?” Jessica asked as she sipped the cup of coffee.

“I am an artist,” he replied with a charming smile.

“Really?” she sounded really surprised.

“Yes,” he stifled a laugh. “You looked pretty surprised, don’t I look like one?” he arched his brows.

“Well, I thought you are a model because you have the looks and figure,” she blushed lightly. He indeed looked mesmerizing; he looked like an animated character which walked out from the comic book.

“Thanks for your compliment but I am indeed an artist, if you don’t believe, I can prove it to you,” he took out the art pad and a pencil from his bag. He was a prepared artist; he always had his art pad and a pencil in his bag so he can draw as and whenever he has inspiration.

“What are you doing?” she asked curiously.

“Don’t move, I will sketch a portrait of you,” he winked; full of confidence suddenly. Art was something that he can really express himself and that something that gave him strength and confidence.

“Alright,” she chuckled as she straightened herself and tried her best not to move an inch.

She noticed how charismatic he was when he was serious and focused. At a point of time, their eyes met. His pair of mysterious eyes held her gaze until he flashed a quick smile at her. She quickly diverted her eyes elsewhere, anywhere except his eyes. His eyes were dangerous to her.

He used to do a lot of portrait and he had never once come across someone like her, so flawless. Each and every features of her are so beautiful, no, beautiful is an understatement. She is ravishing.

“Done,” he smiled before passing the art piece to her. “For you.”

She accepted it with thanks and was totally awed by it. The girl on his art pad looked exactly like her as though she was looking at her own reflection. “This is so perfect.”

“Thank you,” she gleamed at him and he felt like his heart skipped a beat.

“You are most welcome,” he said.

They continued with their intense yet entertaining conversation and not realizing that it was near evening until Jessica gasped when she checked her watch. She quickly grabbed her bag and stood out, “I’m sorry, I got to go. It’s really nice meeting you Kris.”

“Its nice meeting you too, so I will see you again?”

“Yeah sure, give me a call,” she smiled before she exited. “Annyeong Kris,” waving her hand at him.

“Annyeong Jessica.” To him, he was a step closer to his dream girl. Jessica was his dream girl, someone whose hair is long and smooth, beautiful and sweet. She fulfill his ideal type.

Jessica hurried to nearby supermarket and bought several items mostly Donghae likes. She was excited and happy because this is the first time Donghae said he will be back for dinner and finally she had this chance to showcase her culinary skill and prepare her husband favorite dished. This was like a dream came true for her. She had always wanted to cook for her husband and when he returned home after a tiring day, he can fill up his stomach. As the saying goes, if you want to keep your husband, you must first fill his stomach.

Once she returned home, she dropped all her big bags of groceries on the kitchen table and put on apron, started to prepare a feast. She requested ahjumma to allow her to do it on her own and the ahjumma smiled and nodded. Ahjumma hadn’t seen how cheerful Jessica was for a long time. She felt genuinely happy for Jessica because at last Donghae began to notice her.

Jessica happily placed the plates on the dining table and removed her apron. She glanced at the clock and thought to herself, he should probably on the way back.

In the meanwhile, Donghae packed his briefcase and when he was about to leave the office, his secretary informed him that there is an important meeting held in about 5 minutes time.

He slammed his forehead for forgetting about the meeting. “Can you cancel for me? I got something more important to attend.”

“I’m sorry Mr Lee, the client will leave tomorrow morning and you know that the client is very important,” his secretary stated.

“Aish, fine. I will be there on time,” he informed and took his cell phone out. He scrolled the endless contacts in his phone but there is no Jessica number. He wanted to hit himself momentarily for not saving her number. He wanted to inform her that he won’t be back for dinner.

Damn, he cursed under his breath. She won’t be waiting for me, isn’t it?

He couldn’t concentrate during his meeting. His mind kept flashing Jessica image. She won’t be angry or sad right?

On the other hand, Jessica patiently waited but it was already half past 9pm. She let out a sigh and she felt so disappointed. She shouldn’t have taken his words so easily. Ahjumma quickly came to her side and comforted her, “Donghae must be tied up with his work, he don’t mean to forget about it. His phone must have died so he couldn’t contact you. Don’t be sad ok? You must grab some food since you hadn’t had your dinner yet.”

Jessica weakly smiled at ahjumma, “Ahjumma, thanks for your comforting words. But really, I have no appetite. I am tired ahjumma, I am really tired.” her tears threatening to fall.

Ahjumma patted her back. “Ahjumma, I am going to bed. Good night.”

Jessica cried to herself. Why must you treat me this way? God, are you punishing me for possessing him even when he’s not mine in the beginning? I own him but not his heart at all. Why must he raise my hope and then crush it so easily? I am so tired. I am so tired of earning his little bit of love. What should I do? Can you enlighten me?

Not long after, Donghae reached home and found ahjumma throwing darters at him as she crossed her arm under her chest. “Donghae…”

“Ahjumma, why haven’t you slept yet?” he asked nonchalantly as he unloosed his tie. He was expecting Jessica to be there waiting for him or like last night, sleeping peacefully on the sofa.

“I am waiting for you, come and sit by my side,” she patted a seat next to her. “Donghae ah, why are you home so late? You do know that Jessica had put on so much effort for tonight dinner right? Why didn’t you inform her that you are not coming back for dinner? You are so irresponsible. She was waiting for you for the whole night.”

“Ahjumma, I didn’t mean it. I had an important meeting so I was held up. I wanted to tell her but I…” he paused. “Where’s she?”

“She’s in her room, go and explain to her,” the ahjumma advised.

He nodded and went upstairs. His feet landed right in front of her room. He wanted to knock on her door and explain to her but he loses his courage. She should be sleeping now, his excuse. He had this unexplainable guilt in his heart. He went down again and approached the dining table. Settled himself on one of the chairs, he tried the food. The food tasted delicious although it was cold. In order not to waste her effort, he finished all the food on the table. He hadn’t realized until now that how great cook Jessica was.

For a moment, he felt apologetic to her. 

***

Author note:

Sorry that it took me so long to update my fanfic. Something happened recently so..... 

Anyway, I was hoping that some of you are waiting for my update although this chapter may not be well written.

I will update my other fanfic soon.... Thank you for your utmost patience.