The day Mdm Lee visits

Love that stays

Chapter 2: The day Mdm Lee visits

“When has you become so pathetic?” Jessica reflection mocks at her. Her pair of eyes is puffy with trace of wetness around the lids. Besides that, her cheek is reddened and the finger marks are noticeable. It stings when she apply little stress on her cheek. How can a slap possibly hurt so much after an overnight but that pain inflicted could not compare to those that has been etched in her heart. Swiftly, she wipes her yet another fallen tear with her thumb and composes herself.

Knock Knock…

“Come in please,” she softly says and give her best smile at whoever it is. She gasps and stands out immediately when it turns out to be Mdm Lee. She bows and greets Mdm Lee. “Granny,” she sounds really surprised. Well indeed she is surprised because she hadn’t met her for quite awhile.

Mdm Lee is no doubt Donghae dearest grandmother, although she may be old, her dressing is still edgy and fashionable. You would never guess that she is already in her 80s’. “Come on give granny a hug, it’s been a long while,” Mdm Lee extends her hand and chuckles at the stunned Jessica.

Instantly, she embraces Mdm Lee and then releases. “Granny, why didn’t you inform us about your visit beforehand?” “I shall go prepare breakfast now,” she added anxiously.

“No worries my dear, I just want to spring a surprise on you guys and check on how are you and Donghae doing. I feel apologetic for visiting so late,” Mdm Lee smiles and visible wrinkles form.

Jessica shakes her head and says, “Please granny, don’t ever feel apologetic. We should have made time off to visit you too. Sorry granny.”

“Let’s not apologize anymore,” she laughs softly and Jessica laughs. She then peeps over Jessica shoulder and glances at the bedroom. “By the way, where is my dearest Donghae?”

she softly curses inside her. She cannot let Mdm Lee knows that they are sleeping in separate rooms. She stutters and lie, “Oh… Donghae must have work late in the study room and he must be falling asleep there. Why not we go down to the hall and I will prepare breakfast for you and then I will wake him up.”

Luckily, Mdm Lee doesn’t probe further and nods with amusement, “Aigoo, this kid.”

“Oh god, what happens to you? Did you just cry?” Mdm Lee asks with utmost concern when she sees that her eyes are puffy.

“No halmeoni, I am fine. It must be that I forgot to take out my contact lens and result dryness in my eyes so it looks like I might have cried,” Jessica lies, and laughs inwardly.

“Aigoo, don’t be absentminded next time. Come on, let’s prepare breakfast, shall we?” she pats Jessica head, smiling widely at her.

Jessica nods, linking their arms and proceeds to the kitchen. She has been practicing breakfast or rather some Korean dishes with the maids these past weeks and she started from a simple tuna sandwich to sausage omelet and to a spread of Korean food. She just hopes that one day Donghae will sit down and enjoy the food prepares by her and then compliments how great she is.

While Jessica insists on preparing the breakfast on her own, Mdm Lee just sits by the chair and looks at her with amazement. She smiles and is very proud of Jessica. She has watches her grow from a child, to a young lady and now a blossom woman and the wife of her grandson. After setting up the table and placing the plates of appetizing breakfast, she tells Mdm Lee that she will wake Donghae up now.

Mdm is pleased that not only that she is fine woman but also a virtuous wife. “Go ahead, I can’t wait to meet him,” Mdm Lee is excited.

Just as Jessica reaches in front of Donghae room door, she hesitates for a moment but when the moment she is going to knock the door, the door is flung open. Suddenly, she feels nervous and is speechless when come face to face with Donghae who is still looking as charming as ever. Locking their eyes, Donghae could only see fear and sorrow in her eyes. He feels a sudden pang of guilt when he notices that the faint finger prints imprinted on her pale cheek, he must have slap her real hard last night.

He wanted to ask her if it hurts but something stops him. She deserves it, isn’t it? And he is drunk, isn’t it?

“Does your head hurt?” Jessica asks with genuine concern but he simply retorts back, “None of your business.”

He then roughly brushes through her causing her to move a step back. “Wait,” she grabs his hand and quickly releases it.

He crosses his arms and coldly asks, “What?”

“Your grandmother is here,” she replies, looking down.

His eyes widen. “You know what to do isn’t it?” She nods and bites her lip.

His eyes soften, “Good.”

When approaching the dining hall, Donghae holds her hand and she feels electrified by his touch. She timidly looks down at their hand and a smile forms. Even though this is merely an act, she is contented.

“Halmeoni…” Donghae greets cheerfully and pulls her into his embrace. “What brings you here today?”

“Can’t I visit my grandson and granddaughter in law?” Mdm Lee chuckles. “Anyway, I am starving. Can we have our breakfast now? My dear Sica has prepared a feast.”

Donghae looks at the spread of dishes and is totally awe. Suddenly, he feels his stomach growling. The three of them sit at the dining table and enjoys the breakfast. Today is different because of Mdm Lee presence, the whole dining hall is filled with her chatters and laughter unlike the deadly silence where Jessica eats on her own when Donghae refuse to eat with her.

“Hae ah, my Sica culinary skills improve so much isn’t she?” Mdm Lee looks at Donghae with smile.

“Neh granny, my wife is capable in doing anything, right?” he winks at Jessica which makes her heart skips a beat. His wink is so hard to ask for but right just now, he just winks at her. She can just melt right now.

“Aniyo, I am still nowhere to compare with granny. Can I learn your signature kimchi jjigae? It is Oppa favorite,” she smiles. She really wants to master Mdm Lee Kimchi jjigage and prepares for Donghae.

Mdm Lee is grinning happily and agrees immediately. “Hae, why didn’t you sleep with Sica?”

Her question shock both Jessica and Donghae. He glares at her as he thought that she must have report to Mdm Lee. “I…”

His word is cut off when Mdm Lee continues, “Sica told me that you sleep in the study room because you have work late. You know you should not bring work back home and you shouldn’t let Jessica sleep alone in the huge room.”

They heaves a soft sigh of relieves. “Neh, I won’t do that anymore granny.”

Donghae keeps picking foods and places it on Mdm Lee plate and giggles, “That’s enough Hae, pick some vegetable for Sica,” and he quickly randomly picks the cucumber and places in front of her, wanting to feed Jessica.

She grimaces at the choice of vegetable he picks. She purses her lips and stares at the cucumber she loathes in the whole world for a moment. Donghae grows a little impatient, is she going to eat or not? Now he is trying to act kinder to her, she is hesitating, what’s wrong?

Mdm Lee quickly slaps Donghae hand and he yelps. Looking at his grandmother questioning and she scolded him, “How un attentive husband you are? Don’t you know that Sica is allergic to cucumbers?”

Oh damn, he scolds himself. How can he not remember that? But why should he even remember it, is not like she is his important person. His inner self rebukes, she is your wife hence she is important.

He shakes that statement off. He only wants Yoona to be his wife and not Jessica. “I’m sorry,” he apologizes to Jessica.

“It’s alright,” she smiles at him. He has not realizes until today that she looks beautiful when she smiles.

After breakfast, Donghae changes into suit as he has to attend an important meeting later. He strides down the stairs and see that Jessica and Mdm Lee are chatting away happily, he feels heartwarming. “Granny, as much as I want to spend more time with you, I have to attend a meeting soon. Jessica will keep you accompany okay?” he kisses both Mdm Lee cheek and Jessica is envious.

How she also yearns that one day, he can just peck on her cheek every morning when he leaves for work. She notices that his tie is not properly tied so she went to his side and helps him. “Oppa, let me adjust your tie.”

“Done,” she smiles sweetly and he melts.

“Aww so sweet,” Mdm Lee clasps her hand and comments.

They both become awkward. Jessica is genuinely wants to help him but Donghae thought that because Mdm Lee is here and she is simply acting in order not to let Mdm Lee suspects. In any way, he is still thankful for her efforts today.

Jessica walks him to the door and he turns around facing her. Bending his neck, he gives her a quick peck on her forehead. She is surprised and caught off guard, because he has never once kisses her and she never expects that he would do this as the further affection they had was only holding hands. She can literally feel her body temperature boiling up. After observing her reactions, knowing how the simple peck affects her, he smirks.

Seeing his figure slowly disappears, she doesn’t know if she should be happy or not as she wonders if that kiss is merely an act, or he meant it. 

***

Author note:

Thank you for the comments, subscriptions and votes <3

I have a request actually... Who can help me with a poster for this story or any suggestion/recommendation on who should I go to? Ty (: