The kiss and him

Love that stays

Chapter 3: The kiss and him

“I will be there in 10 minutes time,” Jessica answered the call from Hyoyeon.

She was almost running late and dashed down immediately after sending Mdm Lee back to her residence. She was relieved that the mall they arranged to meet at was just walking distance from Mdm Lee residence. She quickened her pace and catches a quick breathe in between.

“Alright, I will see you then. Better not be late, princess” Hyoyeon replied jokingly.

“Arraso ahjumma,” Jessica laughed.

On her way to the mall, she did not realized that there is a man approaching directly opposite her at a fast pace with his phone also on his hand. Their phone dropped to the ground in the result of bumping onto each other at a high force. As a reflex, they bent down to pick their phone without knowing that their forehead would knock against each other.

“I’m sorry,” both of them spoke in English at the same time rubbing their individual forehead. Their innocent pair of eyes met before breaking into a small laugh at how they did and spoke together. 

She gave a shy smile and unknowingly his heart skipped a beat. “Your glasses,” she returned him which she had picked up earlier. “Unfortunately, it’s broken. I will buy you a new one,” she said apologetically.

“No, it’s ok. It is just a glasses,” he refused with a smile that met his eyes.

He put on his spectacle, and he could see better than the blur version of the woman whom stand before him. Although now he could see the distorted image of her, he knew at one glance that she is a great beauty.

He is unable to take his eyes from her. Her- dressed simply with a clean white sleeveless top along with a skinny jean which complimented her great figure. And she felt uncomfortable with his intense stare. She must admit that he looked kind of cute wearing spectacle and that he is tall making him more attractive.

“Ahem,” she let out an awkward cough to divert his attention. She checked her watch and gasped, “Gosh, I’m late. I got to go.”

“I’m Kris, and you are?” he muttered, watching her back slowly disappeared from his sight. He was too late. He hadn’t asked for her name and contact number.

“Aish,” he ruffled his blonde hair and thought to himself, “When will we meet again?” He had never felt intrigued by someone like her. Something caused a stir in his heart which he is unable to explain as well. Could it be that – love at first sight.

“I’m sorry I’m late,” Jessica said breathlessly.

“Better give me a good reason,” Hyoyeon crossed her arm.

“I bumped onto someone,” she explained everything to her.

“Hurry, let’s go shopping!” Hyoyeon squealed with excitement and dragged Jessica to the mall. The two have not hang out as often after Jessica marriage.

Hyoyeon wanted to get a birthday gift for her husband, Eunhyuk. And she wants to seek Jessica advice and opinion since she is a professional fashionista. She dragged Jessica to every man outlet and finally she decided to get a piece of shirt for Eunhyuk. In the meanwhile, Jessica also chose a piece of shirt with prints for Donghae because he doesn’t own any single piece of simple shirt. He either wears polo shirt or formal wear.

The girls linked arms and walked to a restaurant to rest their tired feet. “Your treat,” Jessica happily browse through the menu book.

“Arasso!” Hyoyeon laughed. “So how’s the relationship between you and Donghae?”

Jessica sighed sadly and played with her fingers, “Still the same.”

“Trust me, things will eventually get better between you two. Don’t give up okay?” Hyoyeon placed her hand on Jessica. Hyoyeon knows exactly how their relationship is from Eunhyuk. She really wants Jessica to be happy and have a happy blissful life like her.

“I hope so too. Thanks Hyoyeon,” she is grateful to have Hyoyeon. She is optimistic and has a doting and a loving husband. If only Donghae could slightly open his door to his heart, she will be over the moon.

***

In the meanwhile, Donghae was feeling high spirited today. Jessica image just keep flashing his mind. He chuckles to himself while doing some paper works when remembering how stunned she looked yet how cute when she blushes upon the forehead peck. He, himself also had no idea on why he pecked her on her forehead. Perhaps it was an act of impulse or it could be… that his heart is slowly warming towards her? He brushes away the second possibility. There is no way that he will allow her to enter his heart. If he allows, how is he going to face Yoona? It would be his betrayal to her.

He needed to stop thinking of Jessica and to concentrate on work. But it seemed like he is unproductive today so he ended work early. He drove endlessly around the street since it was early. He cannot believe that him, the party boy actually reject an invitation to the opening of new pub tonight.

Just then, he drove past a small florist shop. He stopped and entered the shop with a welcoming ahjumma who greeted her customer with bright smiles. He felt heartwarming as he returned a smile back. He briskly glanced at the variety of flowers in the tiny yet cozy shop.

“Sir, looking flowers for your wife?” she asked politely.

He stiffly nods his head. “Then would you like to get those fresh orchids since rose is too mainstream?” she suggested and pointed at the bunch of beautiful orchids.

“Orchids are known for its delicate beauty and exotic character,” the ahjumma further explained.

“I will get those please ahjumma,” he told.

“I’m sure your wife will be happy when she receive it,” she smiled and hands him the beautifully bouquet of orchids. I think Jessica will like it.

***

Jessica returned home to an empty and quiet one. She dropped her bag and plopped onto the sofa. She took out her phone and realized it was dead. She then charged it and the very moment it revives, there was a several missed call and messages. She almost want to open to read those message, the phone rang.

“Hi, this is Jessica speaking. Who is this?” she asked.

“Hi, this is Kris. I believe that we had taken the wrong phone when we bumped onto each other earlier this afternoon,” Kris replied nervously. Her voice was so sweet.

“Oh my, really? I hadn’t notice it,” she was surprised. Their phone model and color was exact, they must had mistakenly picked the wrong phone.

“So can we meet tomorrow so I can return yours and you can return mine?” Kris said, he was smiling on the other end thinking of how god had created a chance for them to meet again. It must be all fated.

“Sure, same place same time?” she smiled.

“Okay, I will see you tomorrow then. Good night Jessica.”

“Good night.”

Kris couldn’t help but to keep grinning to himself. He stared at the wallpaper for the longest time; there she was smiling brightly as if she was smiling straight at him. “Jessica, such a beautiful name.”

Jessica kept the shirt that she bought for Donghae in her closet. The small closet is slowly piling up from all the clothes she bought for him whenever she went shopping. She wonders when she will have the chance to gift him.

And as usual, she sat alone at the huge living room watching some drama. She hated silence since the maids are soundly asleep by now. And yet silence is her only accompany every night. She knows that Donghae would not come back soon and still she insisted to wait for him in case he got drunk.

But very soon, she fell asleep at the couch. Just then, Donghae entered the house, and he was thinking of a good excuse on how to give her the bouquet of orchid. He doesn’t want to appear as he bought it intentionally for her. To his delight or dismay, he saw the sleeping figure on the couch, hugging herself. He slowly approached her and knelt in front of her. He had not realized how gorgeous she was until today. He slowly extends his arm and brushed away her falling fringe to behind her ear loop. 

He went upstairs to take a blanket for her and helped her to cover herself. He silently groaned, “Why is she wearing so less in the chilly night.” She started to fidget alarming Donghae who quickly stood up. After ensuring that she is sleeping, he bends forward to examine her flawless facial feature again. A sudden urge to kiss her pouty lip surfaced. He inched his face towards her, softly and gently kiss on her lip and arched his back away immediately. 

 

***

Author note:

Finally updated.... Sorry for keeping everyone waited so long

It might not be the great chapter but still I hope for some subscriber and comment be it compliment or critism.