His apology and care

Love that stays

Chapter 6: His apology and care

In the middle of the night, Jessica felt a sharp pain on her gastric. She curled into a ball and hugged her abdomen. She had history of getting gastric pain whenever she did not take her meals regularly but she had never felt this pain before, it was severe and excruciate. She should know but how can she still get the appetite to eat when her husband just stood up on her.

After awhile of struggling, she managed to walk wobbly down the stairs to the kitchen. Sweats began to form on her forehead and she tightly gripped on her gastric as she searched the cabinet for pain relief. She felt so pain and weak, she gave up on searching and instead she took a glass of water hoping it could at least ease the pain. Suddenly her vision went blurry, her head was throbbing, her pain was so excruciate and her body felt limb. Everything went pitch black as darkness took over her.

The shattered sound of the glass alarmed Donghae who was in the midst of preparing a report. He went to the source of the sound which could be probably from the kitchen. “Jessica!” he shouted worriedly as he saw her lying on the ground, her face was so pale. However, she did not respond to him.

He carried her to his car and gently put her beside him with seat belt on but she was still unconscious. He was so worried and he kept calling her name, “Jessica wake up, and don’t scare me. What happened?” He couldn’t concentrate on the road as he kept on checking on her.

Once they reached the hospital, he carried her in bridal style and felt how cold she was. He quickly rushed to the emergency sector and desperately begged the nurse. “Please help me to get a doctor, she fainted.”

The nurse attended to Jessica as she was put on the bed and being pushed to a room. Donghae accompanied her by her side and placed her cold hand on his as he said, “Don’t scare me Jessica. I am right here, please be fine.”

He was so worried and scared of anything could happened to her. Lord, please don’t let anything happen to her, he prayed in his heart.

He couldn’t sit or stand in peace so he nervously paced around outside the room while the doctor examined her. “Doctor, how is she? Why did she faint?” Donghae asked immediately once he noticed the doctor. The doctor hung the telescope around his neck and asked, “How are you related to the patient?”

“I’m her husband. I’m Mr Lee”

“Well, Mr Lee don’t worry, I had just diagnose your wife condition and found out that apparent she fainted due to the crucial pain she experienced in his gastric. I had already insert anesthesia into her system so she is currently unconscious. And also, she had to be place under observation for a day. The patient had history of severe gastric pain if she doesn’t take her meals regularly. So I presume she did not take her meals last night?”

“Uh yes doctor, it was my side of neglect, I should take good care of her,” Donghae felt ashamed of himself suddenly. It was his entire fault. He should have more mindful, how he can forget that once in the past, she had experience gastric pain before.  

“You should,” the doctor patted his shoulder and smiled before he left.

Donghae then entered Jessica room and sat by her side. He lifted her hand and cupped it with his both placing just below his chin. He held his gaze at her, her lips cracked and her face was still pale. “Pabo…” he scolded softly.

He damped the cotton and tapped onto her lip. The doctor had already informed him that she will be conscious once the anesthesia wears off. Somehow his heart pricked seeing her on drip. He caressed her softly and fixed her fringe neatly. While she is asleep, it gave him full access of her face. Her milky smooth skin, her brown brows align neatly above her eyes, her straight edged nose and her pouty lip.

“I’m sorry,” he apologized. Knowing that she won’t be able to hear anything he is going to say next, he continued softly, “I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry for putting all blame of Yoona’s death on you, I know it wasn’t your fault and you are as hurt because you lost your dearest sister as I was too yet you said nothing and allowed me to vent all my anger on you. I know you had put your 101 percent of effort, love and care on me but because of my anger and hatred had consumed me which I did not come to notice it until now. I should accept the reality that Yoona’s dead and I should learn to love you since you are my wife. But I just realized recently that actually my heart is slowly opening up to you. Sorry that you have to go through a year of agony. I promise I will give you a fair treatment.”

He kissed her delicate hand and whispered, “Have a good rest.” Soon, tiredness consumed him and he dropped his head beside her.

The very next morning, Jessica finally woke up. She was very thirsty, and then she glanced down and saw Donghae to her surprise resting his head on her hand. She muttered, “Water…”

Donghae jolted up and smiled genuinely when she woke up at last. He carefully helped her up and fed her with a glass of water. “How are you feeling?” he asked.

“I’m good. What happened?” she asked perplexed. She wasn’t in her own room and the surrounding smelt of medicine. A scent that she hated so much, she covered her nose.

“You are in the hospital, you fainted last night,” he explained.

Flashbacks flashed through her mind and she remembered except the part she fainted and thereafter. “Why did you not eat? Don’t you know you will get gastric pain if you don’t eat?” he raised his voice slightly and there was an evident of anger in his tone.

Jessica bit her lips and looked down with her heart sank. He was angry with her but shouldn’t she be the one to be angry with him? Donghae realized that he was a bit harsh on her and didn’t he promise he will treat her better last night. “I’m sorry, but promise me not to skip any meals in future,” his eyes became soft.

She looked up at him with her eyes widened. Did she hear wrongly? Did he just apologize to her? He is definitely not the Donghae she knows. Donghae never apologize. “Promise?” he flashed his pinky finger. Jessica hesitated but looped her pinky finger on his and flashed a weak smile.

“Can I discharge now?” she asked.

“No you can’t, you are still weak,” he said.

“I am perfectly fine. Please...” she pleaded with her puppy eyes.

He smirked and shook his head. “It’s not going to work.”

“It gives me headache now and if any longer, my head will explode. I really cannot stand the smell here, please tell the doctor,” she begged, now her eyes are a bit teary.

He gave in. “Fine, I will inform the doctor. But are you really alright?” he was concerned.  

“Yes x3,” she nodded her head furiously.

He let out a short chortle at her before he left. This is so weird, she thought.  

The doctor gave his approval but advised Donghae to take extra more care on Jessica and to eat more nutritious food once they reached home. Soon after, they reached home and Jessica couldn’t be more than happier to be home.

“Jessica,” the ahjumma called and Jessica hugged her. “You should stay in the hospital, you are still weak.”

“I told her that but she insisted on coming back,” Donghae entered the hall.

Jessica pouted, “Ahjumma, I am really fine. Don’t worry about me.”

“Okay dear, I have prepared a bowl of congee for you. I will go get it now,” the ahjumma smiled.

The words congee turned her appetite off. She is not a fan of congee. “Ahjumma, I have don’t want to have congee. Can I eat others?” Jessica once again showed her puppy eyes.

“No, ahjumma please prepare the congee now,” Donghae said firmly.

“Neh…” the ahjumma retreated to the kitchen.

Jessica mouth gaped open as she stared at Donghae in disbelief. There is no way she is going to eat congee. “I am not eating,” she puffed her cheek as she stared at the bowl of congee in front of her.

“You are,” Donghae suddenly took the bowl of congee and scooped a spoonful of congee, blowing it to make it less hot for Jessica. “Open your mouth.”

Shockingly, she did what he told her. She opened and he gladly fed her. Her heart was fluttering because of what he did. He was so caring and meticulous to her out of a sudden. Is she seeing things? Not at all, he repeated the steps, scooping, blowing and feeding. Her eyes kept staring at him. She finished the bowl of congee in less than 10 minutes without realizing that she had her most loathe congee. She always finds that congee tasted weird but today, it was so delicious when he fed her.

He smiled in satisfaction. “Are you tired?”

She nodded. “Let me help you to your bed.”

He is definitely not Donghae she knew for the past 1 year. He was showing her attitude, let talking to her, ignoring her but now he was doings thing that she did not expected at all. He held her hand and led her to her room, putting her on bed and helped her covered blanket. He pulled the binds preventing the sun rays penetrating inside. He tugged her and patted her head.

“Sleep tight. I will be just outside, if you need anything just call me,” he said with a kind smile.

She was bewildered. It must be a dream, a dream that is too good to be true. “Are you Donghae?”

“Pabo, of course I am,” he bent down with a smile.

“Why…” so it wasn’t a dream at all as she feels him herself. It was real. He was real.

“What why?” he asked.

“Why did you care suddenly?”

“Because I wanted to.”

“Be a good girl and sleep now,” his lip formed a thin line. 

***

Author note:

It was a pretty quick update from me right?

I hope this chapter will bring you smiles while reading it-- full of haesica interactions.  

I will be back soon for a little drama here and expect krissica moments as well. 

Thank you lovelies for the comment, subscription and votes. <3