Oh Kris!

Love that stays

Kris? It’s really you!” Jessica confirmed when he turned back with a knowing smile, as if he had been expecting her.

“Hi Jessica, how have you been?” Kris asked once he helped her settled down in the seat opposite him. He had even ordered her favorite coffee in advance. That’s really sweet of him to remember her likes.

“I’ve been good. How about you? When did you come back to Seoul?” she asked, sipping the coffee.

“I’m good too. I just arrived last night,” he replied.

He actually intend to extend his stay in the states for another week but when his secretary informed him the night before yesterday that Jessica Jung is asking for an appointment made with him, he booked the next early flight without hesitation. That’s how silly he is for the woman he likes but not meant to be with.

“You must be exhausted still from your flight,” she was concerned because she felt the same way before.

“Not at all,” he managed to resist a yawn to escape from his mouth. Not when I can see you.

“So how was your gallery?”

“It was very successful. However, it was a pity that your sketches had been bought by Mr. Lee. I would love to keep one in my gallery,” he can’t hide his disappointment. It was his favorite pieces of arts he had drawn.

She felt sorry for him too as she known he must had put in so much effort and time on it. “You drew me so perfectly that I couldn’t believe it was me in the beginning,” she complimented. “You are one of the best amongst the best artist I had known.”

He was flattered by her compliments. “How was your honeymoon?”

“It was by far the best moments in my life. We are both very amazed by everything of it. Donghae had been very sweet, thoughtful and nice towards me. We made a promise to migrate to there once we retire,” her face was glowing with happiness when she spoke fondly about Donghae.

He regretted asking. He felt himself feeling bitter inside but managed to smile throughout. Seeing her smiles is what matters most to him and he is glad that Donghae had changed from a jerk to someone who is nice enough for Jessica.

They catch up with each other and chatted briefly on how LA is such a breathtaking city and shared about the places they had visited during the stay.

“Omo! I nearly had forgotten about the main purpose!” Jessica exclaimed in the mid of their conversation.

Kris gave soft chuckles upon seeing her cute reaction. “So you are Mr. Wu?” she asked to confirm. The world is too small.

He nodded with a grin. “I wonder how many side lines you are doing,” she was curious.

“I am a full time fashion designer and a part time of artist,” he combed his fringe aside.

“There is no doubt that your passion for an art is so unlimited,” she was amazed at how one manages to do wonders in this field.

“I guess it should be,” he laughed. “I was surprised to know that you had become a business woman.”

“Are you belittling me?” she eyed him.

“That’s not what I mean!” he was flustered and she enjoyed this sight of him when he tried to explain himself.

“Just pulling your legs!” she giggled and explained on why she chose to be in this fashion line.

He listened attentively to her and was impressed how she had transformed into much more confident woman who wants to carry on her late mother legacy. She insisted on starting from scratch despite his father offer his help.

Once her decision made, she looked up to a few designer she would like to collaborate with and Mr. Wu was the first person in her list she drafted. She had seen his projects and she loves it.

“To be honest, I was nervous as this is my first time but then when I know it was you, I felt my heart at ease,” she told him.

Once again, Kris was pleased. He was smiling inside. “Did you know it was me in the first place that’s why you agreed to this appointment?” she asked, because what she had known about mysterious Mr. Wu was that he does not show up to the appointment and instead he will let his secretary to do his work and thereafter to report to him.

“Because it’s you so I came down personally,” he admitted in a low tone.

She was grateful and thankful. “I feel so honored. I’ll tell you a secret.”

“Secret?” he repeated.

“Honestly speaking, I am a huge fan of you. I had clothes that you designed in my wardrobe and in case you didn’t noticed it by now, I am wearing this white blouse that you first designed, it was simple yet elegant,” she leaned forward a bit and whispered.

If she hadn’t mentioned it, he wouldn’t have notice that she was indeed wearing the clothes he personally designed because his gaze had held its position on her face. He was more than happy to know she was his fan.

His heart yet again skipped a beat when she flashed her signature sweet smile at him.

“Oh! By the way, I will go through with you the contract I had drafted out,” she pulled out a file from her bag.

“Sure,” he kept his professional.

“So is there anything you wish to add on?” she looked up at him after finished explaining.

He looked away immediately as if staring intently at her was a crime. He grabbed the cup of coffee and drank it.

“I think you had explained in much detailed and I had nothing to add on,” he smiled. Truthfully, he wasn’t exactly listening to half of what she said.

“So are you interested in becoming our designer?” she asked with anticipation. Working with her ideal designer is like a dream come true.

He pulled out a pen and signed on the contract without taking another second read on it. He trusted on her and he would love to work with her and it means he will get to see her very often.  Despite knowing the fact that he can never have her, he just wishes to stay by her side to help her realizing her dream.

Jessica couldn’t believe in her eyes that Kris signed on the contract without hesitation.

“Do you believe in me and my company that much?” she blinked her eyes.

“Yes. I have absolute faith in you and myself. I am sure we will work very well together,” he winked.

“I hope it is not because that we are friend so you decided to help,” she stared at him.

“No, it was purely based on how attractive your offers were,” he joked.

“I am excited to work along with you. I will see you on next Monday?” Jessica extended her hand.

He clasped his hand on her with a firm grip and a charming smile, “Likewise. I am looking forward.”

She checked her watch and didn’t realize it was getting late already. “I am sorry but I need to go now.”

“Get going. I will stay back for a while more,” he was a bit reluctant to see her leave.  He wanted to send her home but he knows she drives.

“Bye Kris. It was nice catching up with you,” she waved back.

***

It's been a long while! I promise I will try to update soon. This chapter is mainly focus on Krissica.

*wink

XO.