Chapter 15

My Heart is Locked and Engraved with the Letters D&J

"Hello Mrs. Yoon!" you smiled as you entered the shop.

"You're here!" she smiled. You retrieved the list of to do's from her and started on your tasks. You worked diligently so you could go home earlier than usual. If it was too dark out, it would be too dangerous to walk or take the bus. Because Mrs. Yoon was busy talking to a client who wanted flowers for her wedding you were a little bored. You turned the small television on low volume and watched the celebrity news. 

Most of the news were about the latest concerts, airport fashion, and the numerous amounts of scandals. It was actually very interesting to watch. You stopped working for a little while when you saw that MBLAQ was performing on stage, promoting their new songs. You smiled when you saw Joon performing. You started t the plants and watered everything in the shop. 

You finished all the things on your list and put your apron away, and retrieved your bag and jacket. You waved 'goodbye' to Mrs. Yoon before exiting the shop. 

This is how you looked like today:

tumblr_m29xzw25Tg1qfwyu2o1_500.png

When you exited the flower shop, there was someone there waiting for you. You stopped in your tracks and didn't know what to do. Instead, you just rubbed your arms and looked down. 

You got into the car after an offer to drive you home. Although you vowed to never look at him or interact with him in any way, you gave in. Your excuse to yourself was that your feet hurt. 

Doojoon turned the music on on low. The drive was silent and the atmosphere was tense. You guys reached your house and you started to open the door. He grabbed your hand and drove you away with him. You tried to wiggle you hand out of his but he just held on.

You sighed and looked out the window.

"Doojoon oppa, I don't understand why you're being like this. You're giving me mixed feelings," you said, not looking at him.

"Mianhe," was all he said. He let go of your hand. He drove you to the Han River.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSp9L6VTWS8LKWN6dhlh4H

You thanked him for the coffee and you guys stood, gazing across the river.

"Why did you take me here today? No, that's not my question. What I want to ask is why we're seeing each other?" you said, looking anywhere but him.

"Friends can hang out right?" he asked.

"You're not making this easy for me Doojoon," you said, forgetting the oppa for intimacy. 

"I just wanted to see you," he confessed.

"What if I didn't want to see you?" you spat out, a little hot-headed now.

"You could've walked away from me," he said, calm but hurt. He had a point.

"I think you have better things to do than to see me," you said, facing him. He faced you as well. 

You set your cup on the railing. He did the same. He stuffed his hands into his coat pocket. 

"Doojoon, you don't even like me. Do you know how I've been feeling these days? I made a promise to myself, not to like you anymore. Do you think seeing you right now helps? Do you think telling me you 'want to see me' is appropriate? It's hurts here Doojoon. Why can't you respect the fact that I need space. I thought I made it clear to you last time," you continued. You looked away. He stepped forward. 

"I don't know either. I made a promise to myself that I would not talk to you, look at you, or even acknowledge you," he stated. This left a pang in you.

You wanted to cry but bit your lip.

"But you know what? I haven't been sleeping for the past few weeks ever since I turned you down," he continued.

"It's doesn't even compare to how much I hurt. Are you blaming this on me?" you exclaimed.

"You're right. It doesn't even compare to what you've felt. You're the first-no, I've liked y-no. Forget it. I.." he said but you cut him off.

"You know what? I'm just going to leave now. I don't want to see you right now," you made known. You started to walk away but he pulled you back and into him. 

"I'm sorry Lee ~~~~. Perhaps one day you'll know why I rejected you," he apologized.

"Let me go Yoon Doojoon. When I say that, I mean it both ways. Just spare me will you," you said, shakily. Not letting you go, you pushed him away instead. He was silent and his gaze was strong. I could tell he was bitter and frustrated. 

You ran away from him and got into a taxi. 

"Where to miss?" the driver asked. You told him the address and he drove you away from that awful Doojoon. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The loudness was what I needed. All the ladies I rejected. I only wanted Lee ~~~~. 

"Where's your girlfriend oppa?" some asked me. I looked at her from the corner of my eye.

I just smirked at her and took a drink. She sat down next to me and crossed her legs. She leaned toward me.

"You're the leader from what is it called? Beast?" she questioned, sounding like she already new. She was such a nuisance. I continued drinking.

"Oppa, don't ignore me. You'll make me sad," she whined, edging closer to me. I asked the bartender for another glass.

She had her hands on my thigh after noticing that I had no interest in her. She was being touchy so I grabbed her hand and removed it from my thigh. She looked satisfied that I had somehow responsed to her and giving her some attention.

I took the glass and set my money down. I gave the glass to her and she took it. She look at me quizzally before saying,

"Buying me a drink?"

I got up but had my had my hand around her waist. I had my right cheek on her right cheek and I spoke softly into her ear. 

"You're pretty however I don't think encouraging yourself to any man makes you any more attractive," I started. She shifted in her seat.

"Oppa sounds nice however, I think you've misunderstood," I said. I gave her a squeeze and walked toward the exit. I hear her yell "YAH" after me but I just ignored her as I had been doing and exited the club. 

When I got home, I collapsed onto my bed and fell into a deep sleep thanks to the alcohol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here you were again, sitting up under your blanket, hugging your knees, and crying softly to yourself. You heard footsteps toward your door so you laid  down so that your back was against the door. You were paying close attention to who the footsteps belonged to.

Your door opened and you tensified.

"Do you think she's alseep? you heard. It was Junho asking your umma.

You wanted to greet him however he would see that you cried. It was better not to, just to be safe.

"I'll tell her you came," your umma said.

"Arasso." He fixed your blanket and patted your head before following your umma out. You heard him set something on you nightstand. When they were out of the hallway, you your lamp to see what it was he had given you. 

It was the taping for Strong Heart just in case you wanted to see it. You set it in your drawer, turned off the light, and fell into a restless sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You walked to class in a bad mood. When you felt an arm over you, you looked up to see Jonghyun smiling at you.

"Annyeong," he greeted.

"Annyeong oppa," you greeted, forcing a smile.

"Wah, oppa sounds so awesome," he grinned, like a fool.

"Pabo," you laughed at him.

"Language," he teased. He sat down with his friends and you sat with yours. You had a hard time focusing in class and when there was a break you told Tany and Jill what had happened.

"OMO,"

"THAT JERK," was all they could say. I was tuning out everyone's voices and I felt so tired and groggy. 

When school ended, you were relieved to get out. Today was your free day so you didn't have to work. You were glad because you wouldn't be able to focus anyway. 

Once again, you felt an arm over your shoulder.

"Gwenchana? You looked kind of down today," Jonghyun asked you. 

"Gwenchana..." you nodded.

"Who do I have to beat up babe?" he asked. 

"Nobody..what did you call me just now?" you asked, taken off-guard.

"Nothing," he smirked. You heard your friends squeal with delight. Your friends and Jonghyun's posse were smiling at you guys. 

"I still don't believe you though," Jonghyun said.

"I'm fine, just a little tired," you lied.

"Let me guess. Boy problems?" he asked. You didn't answer. He nodded.

"It's okay. That's always the annoying part isn't it?" he asked coolly. 

"Gomawo," you thanked him.

"Me? What for?" he asked, surprised.

"For making me feel better in such weird ways," you smiled.

"No problem," he said in English. He added a wink.

"Omo," you laughed.

"Ahh Lee ~~~~, you know girls would die for your place with me right now," he grinned. 

"I know," you answered.

"Aish," he laughed as he knocked you head lightly.

"Kaja!" he said after a while.

"Where to?" you asked.

"Let's go eat ice cream. I've been craving it!" he exclaimed. 

"Shouldn't we be studying instead? We have exams soon," you stressed.

"You can do that with me too. Bonding time~" he sang. 

You just shook your head at him and although you didn't like Jonghyun in that way, you appreciated his presence as he made you feel ten times better without trying too hard.