Chapter 6

My Heart is Locked and Engraved with the Letters D&J

"Hahahaheheehhhhhhhhhh," you wiggled as you dreamt of Doojoon and you together.

"Aiyoo, don't be like that," you mumbled as you kissed the air.

"OUCH!" you growled as you touched your forehead. Your dreamcatcher fell on your head reminding you it was only a dream. You sat up in bed and sratched your eyes.

"It was only just a dream. I should confess to him soon. Maybe after we shoot on set," you said to yourself, "That's exactly what I'll do!" you shouted.

The dogs next door barked and you covered your mouth. Today was Sunday and that meant in a week, you would be on television!

"AIYYAAAHH HOOHOOO!" you waved your arms in the air at the thought of showing off your pretty self in front of Doojoon.

"~~~~~~~ah! Why are you yelling at this time of morning?" your mom and dad asked you as they rubbed their temples.

"I'm going on a show with oppa called Strong Heart next week!" you gleamed.

"Ah is that why? Junho told us beforehand. That's why he came last night, so that he could ask you in person," your mom told you.

"You guys knew?!" you asked with your mouth open.

Your dad yawned and patted your head and your mom smiled widely.

"Get your beauty sleep my wonderful daughter," your mom said as she hugged you. It was 7:00 in the morning and you had to work soon.

~~~~~~~~~~

 

"I'm here Mrs. Yoon!" you called out.

"~~~~~ah, you're here," Mrs. Yoon smiled as you entered the door.

You put your bag behind the counter and put on your apron.

"Just weed those, water those, and trim those," she told you as she pointed around.

"Neh!" you answered as you started to go.

"After you are completed, you can head on home since there isn't much to do," she told you.

"I understand. Thank you!" you gleamed at the idea of getting off early.

You got to work and you started to weed some flowers. You cut off the parts where the stems turned black.  You trimed some plants and you even did an extra step of rearranging some flower vases.

You took off your apron and washed your hands thoroughly. After you were finished, you grabbed your bag and headed for the door.

"Bye Mrs. Yoon! See you tommorow!" you called out.

"See you tommorow ~~~~~~~, thank you for your help!" she waved.

You waved back and headed home. You plugged in your earphones and on the way home, you stopped for a cup of hot cocoa.

"Thank you ahjusshi!" you smiled as he gave you your cup of cocoa.

He waved goodbye and you continued your walk. It was a little windy so you fixed your scarf. You hummed to the song on your ipod. You had Doojoon's song playing.

When you were about to reach your house, something caught your eye.

 

College Student Saves a Woman from Loan Sharks

 

You practically spit out your hot cocoa.

"Mwuh?!" you almost yelled as you looked at the newspaper stand and at the portable T.V. behind it.

"Omo, it's you!" the ahjumma selling newspapers cried out.

You waved your hands and you walked fast, away from the news stand.

As you walked away you passed by a store that sold T.V.s, more and more people recognized you. You kept your head down as people identified you as the 'heroine' or 'superwoman'.

"Omo, why am I feeling like this?" you said under your breath as you walked quickly.

You closed the door behind you and started for the stairs.

"~~~~~, is that you?" your mom called. She rushed out of the kitchen with a carrot in one hand and a knife in the other.

"WHOA! PUT THAT DOWN!" you yelled as you pointed to the knife that was inches away from you.

She laughed shakily as she put it back on the cutting board.

"~~~~~~!!!! I saw you on the newspaper, television, and I heard about you on the radio today!" she cried.

"I thought the police was going to not tell anyone about this! What did I even do anyway?" I asked.

"What did you even do? You helped the police identify a person of the most wanted loan sharks. In other words, these loan sharks are the ones that have committed numerous crimes by going around sending threats and kidnapping people," she whispered.

"WAE?!!! Now they know my face!" I cried.

"And I'm going on a show next week! Now people are gonna know me as Junho's 'sister'," I said, freaked out.

You and your mom were panicking for no real reason and it took your dad to calm you two down.

The phone rang and your dad picked it up.

"Yobosayo?" he answered.

"Neh..."

"Aniyo"

"No, I'm sorry, she will not be recieving interviews any time soon,"

Your dad put down the phone and looked at you. The phone rang ten times in a row and you guys finally picked it up, annoyed by the ringing.

"Mr. Lee?" said a lady.

"Ah, Mrs. Yoon," he answered. Your dad nodded a few times while looking at you. He put down the phone after five minutes and put his hands together.

"~~~~~~ah," he started, "Mrs. Yoon said you do not need to come to the shop for now. When the press and reporters settle down, you are free to come back."

"I'm fired?!!!"

"No not fired. Just a break she says. It's for your own good,"

You collapsed down onto the couch and you didn't know why you didn't like being on the front cover. Maybe it was because you wanted to be on the down low. But deep down, it was because you were going to end up being hunted down by those people and taken away from the people that raised you and loved you like they loved their own children.