Chapter 22

My Heart is Locked and Engraved with the Letters D&J

It was early in the afternoon when you two reached a meadow-like area. There was a lake, lots of shrubs, and beautiful flowers of vibrant colors. 

"We're here," Doojoon smiled. He unbuckled your seatbelt for you before getting out of the car. He held the door open for you. You didn't say anything as you got out of the car. Walking side by side, you followed him wherever he chose to walk. It has been twenty minutes from when you two last spoken. It was a peaceful and natural silence. You felt comfortable without having to say anything. 

"Boss, we see them heading deeper into the meadow."

"Follow them for now."

It was a clear day out and there was a slight breeze. You shivered a bit and stuck your hands in you jacket that wasn't very warm. Doojoon must have noticed as he took off his jacket and draped it over your shoulders. He smiled and said nothing. 

You two continued walking until you reached a secluded area. It wasn't just any meadow. There were birds singing from above, rabbits running around, chicklings following their mother, and butterflies flying around.

"Omo," you gasped. It was a sight you have never seen before.

"How did you find this place?" you asked Doojoon. 

"Originally one of our music videos were supposed to be filmed here except at the last minute, the director changed his mind. Because I looked up this place before we were going to film here that's how I knew of it. Isn't it something," Doojoon replied while looking to you and back at the sky. He had an untroubled expression and he seemed content. You two sat down in the middle of the meadow and he lied down, patting the space next to him. A bit hesitant, you lied down next to him.

Here you were, next to someone you used to like more than anything. How funny it was that you guys could interact so peacefully even after you confessed. 

Click. Click.

"Doojoon, did you hear that?" you asked, sure that that weird sound didn't come from nature.

"Hmm? What sound?" Doojoon asked, opening his eyes and sitting up. He looked at you in slight confusion.

"Nevermind, I think I'm hearing things," you mumbled as you no longer heard the clicking noise. 

Doojoon smiled softly as he brushed your bangs back into place. 

"Neomu yeppeo," he said as he tucked a strand of your hair behind your ear. You looked away, unsure of what to say. 

Why was he being so loving and saying such things you thought to yourself.

Brushing that thought away, you hugged your knees and looked anywhere but him. A slight breeze shook you and you started to shiver a little. In a matter of seconds you felt not a jacket but arms around you under a jacket. Here Doojoon was hugging you under his jacket to keep you warm.

"Is that better?" Doojoon asked, with a small smile. You could tell he was smug. What was he trying to do?

"What are you trying to do Doojoon?" you asked. You both knew that you weren't referring what he was doing at the moment but the consecutive actions and things he's said and done. 

Bringing you closer, he said, "Give me time to show you how I feel". 

You two stayed in that position for quite a while until you somehow fell into a small nap. The next time you were aware of what was going on, you felt drowsy, suppressed, and a blistering sensation on your wrists. Closing your eyes and opening them again, you saw a man in front of you, bruised, bleeding, and immobile. Doojoon oppa. Sure that the man in front of you was Doojoon, you jerked and yanked at the rope tying your wrists together. Frustrated, you kicked your feet and banged the back of your head on the wall. You looked around and immediately, you saw three pudgy men smiling irritatingly. Realizing that this is not the first time you have seen them before, your eyes opened wider than ever. Your blood boiled and your heart rate accelerated.

"Well well well, who do we have here," one of the shorter, more unattractive man snickered, while another was snapping away on his camera. Your hair was in your face and you were aware that you were sweating now. The same guy who talked came forward to you and kneeled down on one knee, lifting your chin up. He examined you cocking his head one way and another before slapping you hard. 

"Not only are you a little troublemaker, you're a little ," the man cackled. 

"We've got your little sweet moments captured. Let's see who we have. Yong Junhyung from BEAST..." the man trailed off, reaching for a baseball bat. Your body shook. You didn't want to predict what he was about to do. He walked in small circles.

"Oh?" he asked suddenly as if he didn't know Doojoon happened to lie there. 

"Yoon Doojoon! How could I not see you? What brings you here?" he howled, entertained by himself. 

"Hyung, why don't you send him back to his group members. They must be worried about what's been released on the interenet," one of the taller guys snorted.

"Hmm, I might just do that RIGHT NOW!" he growled as he used the baseball bat to hit Doojoon in a way that was only meant for a broom. He was trying to move Doojoon's body in a sweeping motion by swinging with his bat. 

"NO!" you scream a long painful cry.

Somehow getting to your feet within seconds, you scrambled to Doojoon, screening his body from the blows. 

You felt blood trickle down your temples. 

"Ah what a stubborn one. I guess she must really want to have a little fun as well. Alright with me. He's just a vegetable. No reactions," the taller man said. He retrieved the baseball bat from the previous guy and dragged you by your collars and through you down into what seemed like crushed bottles. You felt the pain bolt through your back as you landed in an excruciating way. You didn't have enough time as the man kept swinging at your stomach.

You screamed while sobbing uncontrollably. 

"Hyung. Stop," one of the men said in a hectic manner.

"WHAT! CAN'T YOU SEE I'M BUSY?" 

"NO LISTEN. IN THE DISTANCE."

The man dropped his bat. Realizing what the other man was pointing out, he did not even have to think about what to do next. 

"Quick. You know the drill."

And with that, we were muffled as oil of some sort was poured all over our bodies and around us. At this point, your mind was a blur and you were a bit delirious

While never failing to display a smirk, the man who seemed to be the leader of the trio threw a lighted match into a trail leading toward us. We were going to die.