Chapter 4

My Heart is Locked and Engraved with the Letters D&J

"Ahhhh!"' you stretched as you looked at your clock.

And I was like baby baby baby oh~   your phone rang.

"Yobosayo?" you mumbled.

"~~~~~~!!!!!!!" Jill yelled.

"Oww" you groaned as you rubbed your ear.

"Did you find anyone to go with you? If not, give me your ticket cuz Jonghyun and Key are going!" she shouted.

"WHAT?! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ahhhhhhhhhhhh," you shot up from your bed.

"But even if they're going, I got a VIP pass and the one he gave me. You guys don't have VIP passes do you?" you asked.

"Exactly why Jonghyun is going pabo! This is gonna be so cute. Tany and I'll be there to give you a makeover," she spazzed.

"Oh please, it's not like I'm getting married," you said.

"Don't go anywhere! We'll be there in a jiffy," she said.

"The concert is at seven plus I have to work until 5," you replied.

"So? Two hours will be enough! Gotta go, bye!" she said quickly.

"Byebye," you said as you shut your phone.

Today was Saturday and you had to work at 10:30 AM. It was currently 9 o'clock and you got ready. Since it was chilly you wore a hoodie and a leather jacket on the outside. You wore skinny jeans and Vans. You fixed your bangs and curled your lashes. You applied eyeliner and mascara and chapstick.

"Bye mom!" you shouted as you grabbed a muffin.

"See you later!" she shouted back.

You walked to the flower shop as you finished your muffin. You said hello to the ahjussi running the newspaper and hot coffee stand. You said hello to the ahjumma who ran the food stand.

As you walked and came closer to the flower shop, you noticed a man and a woman. The man appeared to be trying to grab her purse as she hit his arm.

"She looks familiar. Wait a minute-" you mumbled as you came to a stop.

The woman was a female with hair swept up into a bun and she was wearing a skirt and a jean jacket. She also wore high heals that made her an easy target.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" you yelled as you jumped onto the man's back.

You hit him until he threw the bag away. He threw you onto the ground and took out a sharp object from his jacket.

"If you come any closer !" he threatened.

"And if I do?" you looked at him boredly.

You heard sirens and you saw the lady in the phone booth who appeared to be making the call. The man looked at her with vigor and he ran towards the booth.

"What now," you growled as you pulled his shoulder back. He was an inch away from stabbing the lady you saved.

"Not so fast," you said as you dodged his punch.

He looked confused and clearly mad that he couldn't hurt or scare you away. For a second he stared at you blankly and he made a run for it. You looked back and you saw police cars. The man jumped into a black van and drove off. A police behind you assisted the lady you saved. You felt a tap on your shoulders and you turned around to a policeman.

"Miss, we'd like you to come with us to the police station," he said.

You looked confused and furrowed your brows.

"Since you were almost hurt by the man and you saved this woman, we'd like to know what you witnessed," he said.

You nodded and sat in the back of the car. You made him show his badge before entering the car. You were droven to the police station and sat in front of a police who asked you questions. You gave him a summary of what happened and he jotted everything down. By the time you were done, it turned out that the man worked for a loan shark and tried to hunt down the woman you saved.

"Crap," you mumbled. You were almost stabbed by one of the loan sharks. Worse, they knew your face.

"Thank you for your time. You may leave now," the police thanked you. You nodded and bowed and turned to walk out. You noticed the woman looking at you from your peripheral vision. You looked at her and she quickly avoided eye contact.

You continued your walk toward the flower shop. You've been there for almost three hours. You quickly fastwalked toward the flower shop. It was 1 PM when you walked in.

"~~~~~~ah, where were you? I was so worried, I even called your home," Mrs. Yoon ran toward you as she checked to see if you were okay.

"What happened to your hand?"

"Something happened to my hand?"

You looked down and saw blood running down your wrist. That prick gave me a cut?!

"I'm sorry I'm late Mrs. Yoon. Can I go clean this off?" you asked calmly.

She looked worried and she nodded.

You disinfected your cut and used a bandage. You worked quickly doing all the work that you missed out on. You worked all the way to 4:30 and Mrs. Yoon practically ushered you out, saying you needed to treat your wound better at home. She closed the door on you and you walked home quickly.

"~~~~" your friends greeted as you walked in. Your mom gave them fruit and cookies as they were already waiting for you. They grabbed you and ran you upstairs.

"TANY!" you screamed. She looked scared.

"My wrist! It hurts! Let go!!!!" you gasped. She let go immediately and examined your wrist.

"OMO, WHAT HAPPENED?"

"A MAN CUT ME"

"WHY DID HE CUT YOU!?!?!?"

"I SAVED A WOMAN FROM BEING STABBED STUPID"

"DID YOU GO TO THE POLICE STATION"

"THEY DIDN'T EVEN NOTICE MY CUT AND I NOTICED IT WHEN MRS. YOON POINTED IT OUT"

"What's going on?" your mom asked, concerned.

"Nothing mom," you said as you closed the door.

Jill and Tany flipped out at your wrist and you waved it off.

"Please, now what am I wearing?" you asked.

"Black and green," they said together.

"Jonghyun's favorite colors ~~~~" Jill sang.

"Oh my gosh," you rolled your eyes as you made a run for it. They sat you back on your chair.

For an hour, they fixed your hair and fixed your brows. You had bangs like Park Bom and they tied your hair just like hers. You couldn't help but admire their work. Since you argued, they only re-applied your eyeliner and fixed your lashes. They put the faintest lip gloss on you and you really liked how it was natural.

"Now she's kissable," Jill smiled.

"High five! That's what I was thinking!" Tany grinned. They high fived each other as you rolled your eyes. They gave you dark blue skinny jeans and black flats. You wore a green and white striped shirt under and on top you had a grey hoodie and a black leather jacket. You thought it looked really nice.

"Thanks guys!" you smiled with two thumbs up.

"Anything for our friend," they hugged you.

You observed them and they whipped out bags with their clothes in them.

"We came prepared!" they chimed.

Jill had a nice skin tone partly because she was Korean and Filipino. She wore a pink flowery coral top with a black and white striped cardigan. She had skinny jeans and suede boots. She curled her hair and clipped up her bangs in a unique way. Tany wore a royal blue tunic and a gray blazer with rolled up sleeves. She added a belt by her waist and she wore leggings with leather boots. She did a fishtail braid. The both of them did simple makeup just like I did.

 

 

After we did a final check, we walked out to Jill's car and we drove to the arena where the huge concert was being held. I was going to have Jonghyun as my date and with Jill and Tany, they would make sure that I couldn't slip away.