Chapter 10

My Heart is Locked and Engraved with the Letters D&J

"Kamsahamnida!" you and Junho thanked the doctor as you struggled to walk with your sprained ankle.

You guys walked slowly to the parking lot and you were drained without any energy.

"What's wrong?" Junho asked you.

"Nothing," you replied, bitterly.

"Come on," he said.

"I said nothing," you said, annoyed. You shot him a look and he looked at you suspiciously. You wiggled out of his grasp on your arm and you finally reached the car. You got in and sat in silence on the way home.

After you took off the flats Junho bought you, you walked as fast as you could to your room, which was upstairs.

"Umma," you greeted as you made your way to your room.

You changed quickly out of your dress and wore your sweats and a sweater over your wife beater. You layed down and hid under your comforter.

~~~~~~~~~

"What's wrong?" umma asked me.

"I don't know mom. She was fine after the broadcast except she somehow twisted her ankle from her high heels. After we came out from the hospital, she was so moody. I'm not sure why," I told mom as I helped her onto the couch.

"She sprained her ankle?" she shot up. I told her to sit down and she listened.

She nodded as I explained and shook her head and sighed.

"What should we do?" she asked me.

"Let's just give her some space for now. I gotta go practice now. See you soon umma," I hugged my mom as I grabbed my car keys. I stopped in my tracks and went to get a notepad and a pen.

My dongsaeng,

Although I know you don't want to speak about what's going on right now, I respect you fully and I'm letting you have your space. Even if you really have a large large large problem, just know that everyone is here for you. If it's a guy problem, then I'll whoop his , but if it's one of your girlfriends, ask Joon. Anyway, oppa has to go practice now. Remember to eat well and sleep well and also, think on the positive side! Just know you can call me whenever you miss me (kekeke) or need me. I'll be there for you.

-Junho ^.^

I knocked softly on her door and slipped the note under, through the doorframe. I walked away quietly and drove to the studio to practice with the rest of 2PM.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Lee Joon and Junho are brothers AND have a sister? Many fans are stunned by this huge secret that has been revealed. We can now be sure of the similarity between Lee Joon and Junho. This has been Entertainment Nightly and please tune in again tommorow! Kamsahamnida!" the hosts said as the program ended.

You had read the note and kept it in another pile with all of the other notes, Junho wrote to you.

"What do I do," you wondered as you tossed and turned in your bed.

You were devastated by Doojoon's response and as much as you wanted to cry, you held it in. You couldn't stand it anymore so you called your two best friends.

"Yobosayo?" Tany shouted.

"Tany? It's me," you said with no energy.

"Oh, I'm at the shopping mall right now and I just about to go into the elevator. I'll call you later when I get home, I'm trying to keep my siblings from running loose. Bye!" she said quickly.

"Bye," you said as you snapped the phone shut. Next, it was Jill.

"Hey ~~~~," Jill answered.

"Hey Jill, are you free?" you asked, hopeful that she had no plans.

"Well I'm at the doctor's right now, with my mom," she whispered.

"I understand, I'll talk to you later," you said.

"K, bye," she replied.

You snapped the phone shut and stood up quickly.

"AISH," you collapsed onto the floor. You grabbed onto your ankle and it really hurt. You got up and stayed in bed instead.

At last, after being a bum in bed, it was already 10 PM and you really didn't want to stay in bed any longer. 

You limped your way downstairs with your hoodie on. Your mom and dad looked up when you made your way downstairs and your mom stood up.

You gave her a small smile and she helped you toward the sofa. You guys watched the news in silence and your growling stomach interrupted the silence. You got up and headed to the refrigerator slowly.

"It's okay, let me help you," your kind mother said as you turned to take a seat at the kitchen table. You propped both elbows on the table and stared into space.

"Eotteoke...." you said to yourself.

"Yeh? What was that you said?" your mom asked as she microwaved the leftovers.

"Nothing," you said, absent-mindedly.

"Gomawo umma," you thanked as you took a spoonful of the hot soup. She took a seat across from you.

"Our beautiful daughter, what shall we do with you?" she asked as she smoothed the side of your hair.

"Umma. I have a question. I don't know how you'll react to it though," you whispered. You didn't want your dad freaking out about guy problems. Junho and Joon were enough.

"Boy problems again?" she winked.

You laughed a little and nodded.

"Spill," you mom smiled. You set the spoon down and you placed your palms in your lap.

"You know Yoon Doojoon? Mrs. Yoon's son?" you started, while looking down.

"Ah, yes. What about that young man?" she asked, curiously.

"I confessed to him today and he didn't react the way I would've expected. It was worse," you said, while looking up.

Your mom pondered this as she propped her elbow on the table.

"Well, I can only give you so much advice with what you've told me. But first, are you sure you like him? Do you like him for his looks or for his personality. Do you really know him? I'm sure you might have an idea but sometimes young women your age and even women my age or even older confuse lust as love. Do you know what I mean? So tell me, what do you like about this Yoon Doojoon?" she asked.

You were dumbfounded. You didn't know what to say. Your mom got you good.

"I....I........" you mumbled.

"That my dear is why you shouldn't be too harsh on yourself. It's okay to be caught up in the moment. Just be able to distinguish the different between good friends and lovers because the words 'I like you' should be used only when you are sure you mean it," she said softly.

You now felt dumber. You had always imagined Doojoon with his arms wrapped around you and you two taking a walk on the beach. It was all lust. Just lust. You hadn't fallen in love with him, you fell in love of him because of his looks.

"Umma. What do I do, now that I've told him 'I like you'?" you panicked.

"Silly one. I cannot tell you what to say or do. Sometimes following the instincts of your heart can prove to be more accurate than following what your mind says. Trust me on that one," she smiled as she got up.

She gave you a squeeze and headed upstairs to go to bed.

"Did I really like him? It's true he's good looking but I really love how he was so nice to me and how he talked to me whenever he came to visit his mom. I don't think we can ever be like that ever again. I ruined this friendship," you sighed. You washed up the dishes and headed upstairs. You would have work tommorow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ZZZZ ZZZZ ZZZZZZ

You looked up at the ceiling and hit the button on your alarm clock.

It was Saturday and you had a shift all from 10-2.

You took a quick shower and searched for clothes to wear. The sunny climate seemed to mock you in different ways.

You pulled on your black skinny jeans and tucked in your tank top. You then wore a long sleeved, dropped shoulder shirt in the shade of Han purple with a tribal design on the front. You paired this outfit with white flats. You grabbed your bag and headed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Junhyung's POV)

"What do I do with this shoe?" I asked myself as I held up the high heeled shoe with a broken heel.

I was alone in the dance studio and I was looking at a shoe. I had never learned that gir'ls name and I kind of regret it. I mean, she is pretty. Aish, why am I so shallow?

As I turned the shoe around, someone stormed in. I quickly stuffed the shoe into my duffle bag and stood up.

"Hyung," I greeted Doojoon. He seemed to be disturbed and frustrated.

"Junhyung," he greeted as he threw his duffle bag down, a little too harshly. He blasted the sound system and started to dance like crazy. I was too scared to approach him or dance along, so I watched. At last, when the five plus songs ended, he collapsed onto the ground. He buried his head in his thighs. I knew something was up.

"What's happening?" I asked him as I sat down on the floor beside him.

"Nothing," he said, grumpily.

"Come on, spill," I urged.

He looked at me and fixed his eyes forward.

"Girl problem?" I asked.

He sighed and nodded.

"Hyung got a girlfraaaand?" I teased.

"Not funny," he snapped.

He got up to get a drink of water and I followed.

"Well?" I asked. I think I was getting on his nerves but I like teasing him anyway.

"Girl. Confession. Rejection. Bad-guy. AISH. I DON'T LIKE HER," Doojoon suddenly yelled. I heard barking coming in from the window.

"Dude, chill out. Okay so, you confessed to a girl and got rejected. But then why would you be the bad guy and say you don't like her?" I asked in one breath.

He looked at me as if I were dumb.

"And I thought you were experienced," he said as he shook his head at me.

"Me? Ige Mwoya. Wait. WHAT? A girl confessed to you and you rejected her?" I said as if a light bulb suddenly lit up.

"Uhuh. I don't like her at all. I guess I gave her the wrong idea. I don't like her," Doojoon said to me.

"Hyung. I think you're a wee-bit confused about how you're feeling. You've said to me, three times, that you don't like this girl. Are you trying to deny something?" I asked, suspiciously.

"What? No? No. Of course not," he snapped.

"Something smells fishy," I smirked.

"Your feet that is. Now get your lazy  up and off the ground. We have a lot of performances coming up and you better not run into me again," he growled as he changed the subject.

"More like you running into me," I mumbled.

"What did you say?" he asked.

"COMING!" I covered as I ran to turn on the music system.