Chapter 18

My Heart is Locked and Engraved with the Letters D&J

It was exam week and you haven't heard from Junhyung ever since the last time you guys went out together. You were too busy to think about him since you were worrying over you exams. You have survived all of the previous exams as you were taking your last exam at the moment. That meant just one more hour and you would be welcomed by summer vacation. You were double checking hard questions on your exam. Satisfied, you turned it in and exited your assigned testing room. You were welcomed by the fresh air outside. You had been in that testing room for almost 4 hours and you were too happy to be outside. 

You took the bus home and was welcomed by your mom and dad and as well as a package for you. 

To: Ms. Lee ~~~~

From: YJH

You wondered who it could be as you opened the package in your room. You gasped as you saw your heels were fixed. Yong Junhyung, the one who saved you also saved your precious heels. You were so happy to recieve this after a week of exhausting and draining exams. 

As you were called down for dinner, your parents and you shared stories from this week at the dinner table while enjoying all of the things your mom prepared for you. 

You patted your belly as you ascended the stairs, going to your bedroom. As you entered your room, you heard your phone vibrate. 

"Yobosayo?" you answered.

"Annyeong, ~~~~," Junhyung greeted you.

"Oh, annyeong," you greeted.

"Look out your window," he instructed.

"Neh?" you asked, as you hurried to your window, trying not to make it seem too obvious that you were curious to see what he was trying to do.

To your suprise he was waving at you with a bouqet of flowers in his hand. You smiled and told him to wait for you. 

You tip-toed down the stairs to see your parent passed out in front of the television and they were snoring loudly. You snapped a picture of them before closing the front door gently. Just as you shut the door,

"Oh no. I forgot my key," you face-palmed yourself. You decided to think of a way to get back in later. 

As you approached Junhyung, he was smiling at you.

"That was quick. Are you happy to see me?" he grinned while giving you the flowers.

"Wow, thank you," you smiled as you sniffed the flowers.

"Did you by chance recieve a package?" he winked.

"Yes! Thank you so much! I really loved that pair of heels," you smiled. 

You guys walked around your neighborhood and ended up at a park near your house. You guys sat on a swingset and as the air became cooler, he draped his jacket around your shoulders gently.

"Gomawo," you thanked him. He nodded. 

When you least expected it, he linked his fingers with yours. 

"Shh," he hushed you as you were about to speak. Your heart was beating uncontrollably. What was going on?! This was too sudden. You became even more nervous as he placed your palm on his chest. You felt his heartbeat and it was like yours. It beat quickly and uncontrollably. He faced you.

"I know this is sudden for you," he started, "but I'm starting to really like you," he confessed. You held your breath. 

"Will you give me a chance?" he asked. He looked in your eyes, waiting patiently for your answer. 

"I...I....." you stuttered. He smiled gently at you. You nodded at him and he grinned. He got up and held your hand as you guys walked around the park together. You had a warm and fuzzy feeling in your heart. You couldn't deny the fact that you were indeed attracted to him. A chance couldn't hurt right? You decided to go with the flow, afterall, you did imagine before, what would happen if he would be interested in you. 

He walked you back to your house and put his hands on your shoulders, facing you to him. He leaned in slowly, and slowly. You were hypnotized. He was moving way too fast. How the heck would you keep up with this. You felt that this was all too rushed. It would be your first kiss you would have. Naturally, you closed your eyes as you felt him lean in closer and closer. Nothing happened. He only nuzzled his nose against your eyes while chuckling.

"Relax," he said, in a gentle voice. 

"Good night," he patted your head.

"Good night," you smiled before waving to him. 

You went to open your door but for you remembered that you had forgotten your key. You peered into the glazed glass on your front door and it was pitch black inside. Your parents had gone upstairs and there was no one to open the door for you. You had an idea. You ran hurriedly to see if Junhyung was still there. And he was. He was getting into his car.

"OPPA!" you called. He stopped what he was doing and got out of his car. You waved him toward you.

"What is it?" he asked, with his hands in his pocket. Since you were on your front step, you were slightly taller than him.

"Can you help me into my bedroom window?" you whispered.

"What? Can you repeat that? I didn't understand," he asked, looking confused. You took a breath and repeated your words, while spilling out the fact that you had forgotten your key. He chuckled at you.

"My girlfriend is so cute," he grinned. You flushed a little. You were his girlfriend? It was official. 

"Aigoo. I bet you were too excited to see me," he started. You looked down in embarassment.

"Well, you can go home with me," he smirked.

"Mwoh?!" you gasped. He looked offended but you knew he was just teasing you.

He led you into your front yard and pointed to your window.

"That one right?" he asked. You nodded. 

"I'll let you stand on my shoulders and it doesn't seem very high up so I think you'll be fine," he said. You gulped and apparently, he heard you.

"Scared?" he teased, while nudging you.

"Neh," you muttered. 

"Well that is the only way since I don't see anything around here..." he trailed off.

"I can do it," you said, with determination.

"You sure?" he asked. You nodded. Then, you remembered something. You were wearing a cotton dress.

"Oppa..." you started.

"Mhm?" he asked, giving you his attention. You pointed to your outfit and it left him smirking. 

"I'm not going to look under your dress. Here, wrap my jacket around your waist if it helps. I can't really see anything since it's dark anyway," he reassured you. You took his jacket and wrapped it around your waist. He took the flowers out of your hand and set them on the grass. He bent down and you managed to stand on his shoulders.

"You are seriously really light," he said as he lifted you without much trouble. 

Successfully, you opened your window even further. You thanked yourself for keeping your window opened earlier since it was a little stuffy inside. You got half you body inside and then Junhyung's jacket that was supposedly secured came loose and fell off your waist.

"OMO!" you gasped.

"I can't see anything~" he sang. You quickly crawled through your window and landed on your carpet with a soft thud. 

"Gwenchana?' he asked.

You peered out of window and gave him a thumbs up. 

"Can you catch this?" he asked you. You nodded as he tossed you the bouqet of flowers. You caught them without much trouble. 

"Sleep well ~~~~," he told you. You nodded and told him the same. To your surprise once again, he blew you a kiss and he walked backward, while waving to you. You giggled and waved to him. When he was out of sight, you closed your window and closed your curtains. 

You set the flowers into a vase and admired them. You hopped onto your bed and smiled to yourself.

"I'm his girlfriend?" you asked yourself before drifting off into sleep. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning, you woke up to an empty house. You remembered your parents telling you they had a meeting at Jeju Island which was pretty far. You would be alone at home for 3 days. You decided to clean your room and closet and possbily go shopping on your own. You felt like you deserved to spoil yourself once in a while. 

After washing up and eating breakfast, you started cleaning your closet. You put clothes that you had grown out of into a bag. You would donate those instead of throwing them out. You re-folded clothes and arranged your closet according to styles and colors.

Once you were finished with that, you cleaned your room carefully, wiping away dust and re-arranging everything. By the time you were done, it was late in the afternoon and you were relaxing by watching television. 

As you were immersed into watching a korean drama, you heard the front door open. You turned around to see who it was and you were jumping with joy. It was your brother. 

"JOONNIIIEEE!" you shouted as you jumped on him. 

"Where's everyone?" he asked. 

"I'm home alone for three days," you told him.

"Jinjja?" he asked, eyes sparkling. You nodded, wondering why he looked so thrilled.

"Well how about you come with me to California? MBLAQ is performing at a concert?" he asked, still smiling.

"DAEBAK! OF COURSE I WOULD!" you screamed, pouncing on him again.

"I'll arrange everything and pick you up tomorrow! Seems like a plan?" he asked.

You were thrilled and you just couldn't be happier. What a way to end exam week and what a way to welcome summer vacation. You wanted to get away from Korea just for a little moment. You didn't know what would unfold in the future as you sped upstairs to do some last minute packing.