Chapter 16

My Heart is Locked and Engraved with the Letters D&J

"Withdrawl? SHINee?" Tany and Jill shrieked? You just nodded.

"Wow, SHINee is going to take away your admirer," Jill sighed.

"I'm happy for him," you whispered as you stared into space.

"Right when she started getting close to him. I feel for you ~~~~," Tany said. 

Kim Jonghyun, your sunbae has joined SHINee and withdrawed from school. You were a little devastated as to this news came so suddenly. Right when you decided to consider him as one of your good friends, he was going to leave. In another sense you felt happy for him as he was chasing after his dreams. He told you he wasn't going to forget about you. What was weird was that your stomach didn't flutter a bit. 

When your classes ended, it was time to bid goodbye to Jonghyun. 

"I'll be supporting you!" you smiled as you gave him a fist-pump.

"Arasso. Don't forget about me," he smiled as he gave you a hug. He said goodbye to his friends and fangirls and got into the van that SM had sent. All of you guys waved goodbye until his car was out of sight. 

"I'll see you guys tomorrow," Jill waved as she started to the direction of the bus. You were accompanying Tany to the salon to get her hair trimmed. 

'Kaja! Let's go," she exclaimed as she linked her arm through yours. 

Once again you guys were greeted by the creepy and ecstatic hairdresser. He led Tany away and you sat in the waiting area studying for your upcoming exam. You hated studying but you had no choice because your professors were very difficult to satisfy. 

"We meet again," someone said. You looked up and saw Junhyung smiling down at you. You got up to greet him. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo," you bowed. 

"No need to be so formal," he smiled as he sat you back down. Right then, the scary hairdresser came out of one of the rooms to see who was here.

"Oh my, my idol! Oh! We have some work to do today!" he clapped with a really interesting pose. Junhyun nodded shyly. Just then, the rest of Beast walked in. They came over as they saw that Junhyung and you were talking. You felt awkard as five guys were looking down at you. You noticed Doojoon walk away and back outside. 

"Is she your friend?" Yoseob asked, happily. Junhyung nodded.

"What's your name?" Kikwang asked.

"Lee ~~~~," you answered. You got up and greeted each of them.

"Wow! She's so polite," Yoseob exclaimed to Hyunseung. He just nodded, looking at you. 

"Eh? Where's Doojoon hyung," Dongwoon wondered. Just then,

"~~~~, where are you?" Tany asked, a little loudly.

"Here!" you called back, starting to get up. Beast made way for you to walk through. 

"Omo, it's BEAST," she gasped. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, we're BEAST," the guys said in unison. She nodded shyly while covering , smiling like an idiot. She gathered up her confidence to ask for their autographs. 

"I'll be going now. Nice meeting you guys," you waved. They said goodbye to you as well.

"CHOP CHOP, BOYS COME ON~" the hairdresser sang as he shooed them to get their hair done.  

"How can I see you again?" Junhyung asked you in a low voice. You couldn't see into his eyes as there were shades over them. 

"What?" you asked, wondering if you had heard correctly.

Just then, Doojoon walked in, stopping in his tracks, observing you two. Junhyung stood waiting for your answer. 

"As friends," he smiled. He had a pokerface on. You felt your face warm up. 

"Uhm..." you started. 

"Do you have a pen?" he asked. You nodded and got one out for him. 

He didn't take it, instead, he held out his palm. You looked at him, confused and startled.

"Your number," he mouthed. You were panicking inside. Should you give it to him?

"Junhyung~ Doojoon~" the hairdresser nagged. Doojoon stormed past you two. 

"Junhyung~" the guy nagged again. 

"Coming," he called back. You, not knowing what to do anymore, looked at him and back at his palm. 

"It's alright if you,"

"Gwenchana," you told him as you wrote your number on his palm.

He took off his shades and looked at it, smiling. 

"See you soon," he winked before walking away. You stood there, taken off-guard. You gave a stranger your number. Your precious number.

"Ooooh," Tany cooed as she nudged you. Then she stopped immediately as she noticed you looking petrified. 

"Eotteoke? What did I just do," you worried.

"What did you just do? You landed yourself a jackpot," she spazzed. She led you out of the salon.

"I wanna go home," you cried. 

"Aish, stop moping. You just did something very good for yourself. You showed that Doojoon you didn't need him. You're back on the market!" she exclaimed. You walked away from her but she just caught up, leading you two into Starbucks. You just sat there and stared out the window as she was getting herself an expresso. 

"You sure you don't want one," she asked again. You just nodded your head, sighing. 

"I gave my number to a stranger," you murmurmed.

"He's not a stranger, he's an idol," Jill said, popping up next to you.

"OMO, when did you get here?" you gasped, with a hand over your chest.

"After what Tany told me. Congraddduulations!" she smiled. 

"But I don't even know him," you said.

"Why are you so bothered by it? Take it as a chance for your loveless life will you?" Tany suggested.

"Hey," you snapped, defending yourself.

"Well you never dated," Jill added.

"I don't know. I won't be able to sleep when I go home," you sighed.

"You don't have to sleep. Remember we have exams soon?" Jill indicated.

"Good point," you replied. After some more chatting, you guys took the bus home. 

 

Meanwhile, in the salon.

"Hey, there you are," Yoseob said as Junhyung sat in the only spot left and that was next to me. 

"She's pretty," Dongwoon said to him. He just smiled looking at his palm.

"Are you planning on dating her?" Yoseob asked. 

"Maybe," Junhyung replied, looking smug. He noticed me looking so he looked up. I took this opportunity to try to knock some sense into him.

"I don't think you should meet her," I started.

"Wae?" he asked, losing his smug expression. The members quieted down. 

"You just broke up with Hara, I don't think you should rebound like this," I finished. 

"Rebound? I never thought about doing anything to get back at her. Why are you so worried?" he asked, getting a little red. I just looked back at the mirror. He looked away as well. 

"Yeah, hyung, he's not your girl anyway," Hyunseung indicated. I stood up. Everyone was alarmed. 

"Just because she's not my girl, it doesn't mean- Forget it," I shot back. I needed some air. I had to go outside before things got any worse.

"Is he on it?" Kikwang asked as I stormed out of the salon. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After eating dinner and doing the dishes with your mom you went upstairs and showered. You thought about what had happened today. Was giving your number such a good idea? You could've just rejected him but you didn't. Doojoon had seen what happened and you ended up feeling like the bad guy. 

"It doesn't matter anymore. I need to focus on my studies," you told yourself as you got out of the shower and pulled on your pajamas. You dried your hair and did everything else you needed before heading off to study. You sat down at your desk and answered questions online that would prepare you for your exams. While doing so, you couldn't stop staring at your phone.

"Aish, he's not going to call," you told yourself before putting your phone into your desk drawer. In case he would call, you took your phone back out and stared at the ceiling. Because you stayed like that for a while, you dozed off into a nap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had a performance on Inkigayo tonight and the atmosphere was tense.

"Yah, what's wrong with you guys. Can anyone explain?" our manager asked us. He sat us down in the dressing room. No one spoke up and no one wanted to look at him.

"Today your rehearsal was unacceptable. You guys were off-beat, dance moves mixed up, but most importantly, your teamwork. It was nowhere to be found," he scolded us. Doojoon stood up but he didn't say anything.

"Do you need me to cancel your performance?" he asked.

"No. We'll do it," Doojoon spoke up. 

"Good. You take care of them. Since no one else wants to speak to me, I'll hand it over to you," he said before shaking his head and exiting the room. 

Doojoon looked at each and one of us before speaking. 

"For the fans," was all he said before exiting the room as well.