Realization & Bewilderment

Fools Trapped in Love

I walk down the school's corridor, reasonably happy since I don't have to worry about oppa making it through his operation. I couldn't get over the fact that it was done a week ago. It all seems like a dream.

I passed through a group of girls. I heard their low whispers which was first "Aww, Sungjae and Niel oppa are really handsome waaaa!" changed into "I wonder why the two Jangs like to hang out with such a girl. They could have one of us instead."

I stopped abruptly and eyed them "What did you just say?"
I managed to say through my gritted teeth. No one dared to speak , Haah! 
"because face it you morons , I don't go tailing behind them and squeal like some crazy woman."
They moved from my way and went back to their respective classes hastily. Tch. They thought beauty and such owns everything.

The two so called Jangs appeared and patted my back "That was really cool."
"So , you were being the audiences?"
"Yeah , Maybe?"
Break was almost over when we got back to class.

I don't know if this is a new habit I have developed but I always find myself staring at Sungjae, not that I said I never did before but it's more frequent and obvious lately.

That moment we both catch each other , made eye contact and smiled at each other , though it sounds silly it still sends shivers down my spine , although I admit it couldn't beat those electric waves Niel sent me but this , is still over whelming.

Oh God! Why did I just feel that? And I compared two of my good friends?!
Maybe, I'm the one who needs a mental therapy in the end.

~~~

The weather wasn't friendly , and it was pouring hard. This is the first time I actually experience this kind of rain in South Korea.
"Are you guys sure that you don't want me to drop you?"

"Nah , we have the Jo twins. Take care Niel." Niel smiled , nodded and ran off to his car.
That left me with Sungjae since the twins had to grab some books from the library.

We both leaned our backs on the wall , were about to freeze to death because of the two not showing up yet.

I shivered and that made Sungjae turn to me. "Cold , ain't it?" I faced him and nodded.
And...
There goes the eye contact again. Neither of us breaks it this time and I don't know if I'm hallucinating again but Sungjae eventually got closer.
He was a mere centimetre away when "Hey! Let's go home."
Thank God the twins interrupted or else?
I can't even think about it.

~~~

Mom welcomed the three of us with towels and literally kicked us to the bathroom since we were half drenched.

It was already a week since oppa's operation. He recovered really fast but wasn't allowed to do much yet.

After taking a shower , changing into my usual shorts and tank top , I headed downstairs. The rain had become less hard.

Oppa was laying on the sofa. I kissed his cheeks and he smiled.
"How was school?"
"The same. Ah , oppa. It never rained this way when we were in Daegu , right?"
He ruffled my hair "That's because we stayed for only 3 months there and it was still approaching winter that time." He chuckled because of the mess he made of my hair.

The rain , already stopped without us realizing it. We had lunch and were in the living room after, having nothing planned. Then the door bell rings "I'll get it."
Youngmin stood up and left with Kwangmin tailing behind him. because they're twins (?)

They took their time, they always did.
When they got back , they dragged me out "Emmeonim , she is going out with Niel , don't worry."
       What?  
They grabbed my slippers , made me wear them and shoved me outside "He had been waiting."
"but..."
"No buts."
"You guys how can I go with a tank top and shorts on. I need to change."
"Take my cardigan , now go."

They closed the door on my face. Lucky enough , I had my cell phone with me.
I my heels , cardigan still in my hands and I found Niel staring at me.
i waved my other hand and he shook his head , eying me from head to toe. "Hey Niel ? You okay?"

"Uh , Yeah , Of course.
Erm , ahem. I think you should put the cardigan on , it's a bit chilly."
I did what i was said to , the cardigan smelt like Kwangmin's perfume. Because I am slightly shorter than Kwangmin , the cardigan reached my knee just a bit higher from my knee-cap.

"So , where are we going?"
"Get some ice cream?"
"Seriously , Niel. It was just raining , yenno?"
"Then we'll go wherever you wanted to?"
"Correction , Wherever you take us to."

"Yeah , right. Does this count as a date?"
"A da....te? Of course...... not?"
"Aww, I was hoping it does."
he pouted. I didn't know when did it become so hot here. It was raining like , just now , wasn't it?

~~~

He took me to a mall where variety of stuffs were there.
Went to each and every shop and bought nothing , but it wasn't tiring.
I never knew that roaming without destination was fun.
Niel had my hand in his all the time and I had no urge to snatch it away.

I just like it (?)

He glanced at his wrist watch
  "Let's go."
"Where?"
   "You'll see."

He drove off for 10 or perhaps 15 minutes until we reached to wherever Niel had took us.

I was welcomed with a garden of flowers ; roses , lillies , lavenders name it , it was all there.
The definition of beauty.

"You like it?"
I just hummed in respond and from the corners of my eyes I can see him smile. "Harabeoji owned the land. I and my family took care of the garden."
I stared at him in utter disbelieve ; Niel does gardening?

"What? Don't give me that look."
"I was just shocked."
He offered his hand for me to clutch on "Let's take a stroll." He guided me through the river of flowers to a clearing in the middle , where benches were arranged in a park-like manner. We sat on one of it.
"It still smells like rain." I nodded in agreement.

It was calm and refreshing. I felt this place is so special , like nowhere else would compete.

"What was your first impression about me?"
It was a sudden and a very random question.
but I found myself trailing answers "Annoying , stupid , childish , girly , selfish, a bastard and many more." He faced me , faced me as in , face to face.
"And what about now?"
He said in a very low tone , eventually a little above a whisper.

"Still annoying." He squinted his eyes "kidding. You changed though from those names to a soft , sweet , caring and understanding guy."

He pressed our foreheads together "odd , I thought of you the same way."
he inched closer , brushing our lips together. "Niel , I think it's getting dark already."
He smiled , stood up and grabbed my hands. I caught him whispering "maybe next time."
'maybe next time' what?

~~~

I tossed and my bed.
What is this , just what happened?
Two guys almost kissed me on the same day? and that is none other than my good friends? It's crazy , CRAZY.
I ruffled my hair in frustration. Then , those images replayed in my brain like dramas' flashbacks.

Sungjae catching while I stare at him , those idiot sweet smiles , never ending eye contacts ; and lastly , him , about to close the gap between us.

i shuddered.
What am I feeling? Is this my fictional imagination?

And the other one , Niel.
holding my hand in his , sending those electric waves through my nerves every now and then, treating me as if I am his date; and does that count as a kiss?
nah , it was just a brushing of lips.
FUUUUU.

Is this what they call falling in love? but with who?
Sungjae or Niel?

A/N :- I feel like updating again :D
so , whom do you prefer (SungjaexShinhee) or (NielxShinhee)?

Answers in the Comments xD but I have decided which one though =P