Comfort

Fools Trapped in Love

Saturday.
Supposed to be spent somewhere out to have fun but I chose to go with oppa for his first day of therapy.
Mom had a headache since she over cried last night , so she had to stay back. While Dad is busy , since his manager , Chanyeol oppa is sick and needs a lot of rest.
And that left me , I won't stand here and watch him go to the hospital alone , I would be such a meanie if I did that. I had to go even with my red , puffy eyes.

"It won't be for long , hee-ah"
"I'm okay if it is. I don't have other things planned so , don't worry."

He smiled down at me and spoke to his doctor. "Wait for me."
I saw him walk into the room , at least I still have hope ; he could actually get cured , if it's our fortune and I don't want to be the unfortunate this time.

"Hello?"
     "Shin Hee-ahh?"
"Hmm. What's the matter sungjae opp-- , Sungjae?"
      " Uh , Ahem , Where are you at? I went to check in your home but your mom said that you.., just left?"
"Seoul hospital. Oppa is having his first therapy."
                    Long silence.
      " What therapy?"
"Cancer."
      "Be there in 15 minutes."

And the line was cut.
What got into me? I almost called Sungjae 'Oppa!'. Good, tomorrow I'll even start calling mister "no brain" and the Jo twins oppa!
Geez , the disadvantage of being born on the end of the year and being a '95' liner.

I sat on one of the chairs and waited ; both for Sungjae and oppa , ahem , Chanyeol oppa.
-- I made the separation clear , right?--

   Which Floor?
From :- Sungjae
Damn! How did he reach so fast?

3rd , nearby room 125
 
To :- Sungjae

"He is in?"
"Yeah , Pray that he can go through these." I didn't wish to cry in front of Sungjae and I wanted to keep my promise of not being such a cry baby.
but I couldn't.

"Hey , Hey. You shouldn't cry, he needs you. You have to be strong."
Sungjae hugged me , normally I would swat anyone trying to hug me but I need it.
I need anyone's comfort and without Mom here , it felt so damn hard.

"Yes , and he will be perfectly fine , soon." It was barely above a whisper and the croaking doesn't help.

He caressed my back to soothe me. I swear I look like a kid.
but then no one has time to actually care.

Sungjae waited with me for 3 long hours. I hope oppa's body responds positively to the chemicals.
sigh. I sound and is actually really desperate for hoping too much lately.

And then oppa came out , pale and weak but had his smile on. "Positive." I don't know that a word could actually get me so happy.
"Don't let him drive or do any serious physical stuff."

We nodded and thanked the doctor. "So , that leaves Sungjae to drive?" the said person nodded.
I raised my brow " but what about your car?"
"Who said that I brought any car?"
"Then how did you...."
"Taxi. Miss."

Weird Sungjae , anyway thanks to him or else who would drive us home.
I still didn't  get myself a license. sigh.
I will turn 18 only when Dec 31st or the end of the year is the day.
My Life!

~~~
The Jo twins and Niel paid a visit the next day with all the fruits they bought for Chanyeol oppa. Sungjae had informed them.
Thank God that we actually came earlier from oppa's therapy.

"I don't like fruits. You should've bought chocolates."
Kwangmin rubbed his nape while Youngmin and Niel grinned foolishly. "I'm just kidding you guys. Thanks for your concern."
I laughed at them , Chanyeol oppa is such a troll.

"Have a seat. Shin Hee will bring your drinks."
Yes , Shin hee will bring their drinks. Wait , Shin hee? as in ME?! Who the hell are them that I should bring their drinks?!
"The kitchen is that way , you can fetch your drinks yourselves."

Oppa and Mom glared at me "Alright , alright. I'm bringing."

I have to take the drinks plus carry these baskets of fruits to the kitchen , all because of those three. Nice!

"I'll help." Niel stood up and followed me while the twins sat comfortably in the living room like we're just going to play hide&seek ; we go hide while they seek.
Sometimes , I wonder how Youngmin and Kwangmin are older than me with their limited thinking capacity

"How long will it last?"
"What?"
"The therapy."
Niel suddenly got his serious face and voice tone. To be honest , I'm trying not to drag myself to this therapy topic before the time of the operation arrives.
Can be said I'm trying to escape from being all sad and stuff because oppa needs me but every time someone mentioned it , I feel the tears , those which were all kept are threatening to fall off.

"2 or 3 weeks since his body is responding positively."

I stared at the floor underneath me.
Why must I feel so weak?

"Crying won't do anything Shin Hee" I look up at him "but if it brings you relieve then cry all you want. I'll be here by your side, always. "
He brought me to his warm hug.
            Silence.

"Yes , because we got your back."
I turned to look at the kitchen's door and saw Kwangmin & Youngmin, I smiled up at them.
They are the comfort that I longed for.