Hands

Body Parts | Drabble Series

Body Part - Hands

SHINee - Minho

~

“Remember Jagi don’t let go of my hand.”

You rolled your eyes at Minho’s constant badgering, he had told you to keep a firm hold of his hand almost the entire day, keeping you close and tucked into his side and constantly looking down to check that you were still by his side. Because you were in a foreign country together you could perfectly understand, yet his constant babying was getting annoying.

“Yes Oppa I know.”

The streets were quickly filling up with crowds of people going out for dinner and enjoying the cool evening, the sun had disappeared not long ago yet the night was still light and warm from the surrounding lights of streetlamps, bars and restaurants as well as the surrounding market stalls that sat along the streets. As a result of the sudden population increase, Minho tightened his hold of your hand as you both weaved in and out of the crowds.

Being the airhead you were you dazedly looked around at the sights and sounds around you, your eyes honing in on an interesting looking stall not too far away and staring at the items on display as Minho pulled you along.

You were suddenly pulled back into the present however when you felt you hand being ripped from his, a large crowd of people suddenly swarming past and bumping into you, one person walking between the two of and breaking your link with each other.

You looked around attempting to find him but his height wasn’t giving him a particular advantage due to the height of the people surrounding you. You began to panic slightly after a few moments of not catching sight of him and deciding to retreat to the edge of the street to escape the crowds and to hopefully find a vantage point to look for him.

A light bulb suddenly clicked and you went to pull your phone out of your bag only to mentally smack yourself, as Minho being the gentlemen he was had offered, well more like demanded, to carry it for you. “Minho!” you shouted, standing on your tiptoes to try and catch a glimpse of him, yet with no luck.

The panic was beginning to set in a bit more now, you weren’t fluent in the foreign language, Minho had your bag which had your purse, phone and map in; maybe you could make your way back to the-

You screamed in fright as someone rushed out of the crowds and literally glomped you, wrapping their arms tight around you and squeezing you tight. “Minho,” you cried, smacking his back in an attempt to tell him you couldn’t breathe.

He released you but before you could get a breath in about how happy you were to see him he beat you to it. “What did I say not 5 minutes ago, don’t let go of my hand and what do you go and do!? My god I was so worried _______-ah, I couldn’t see you and you just disappeared and then I realised you didn’t have your phone-“

You promptly shut him up by standing up on your tiptoes and yanking his head down to cover his lips with yours. He seemed somewhat shocked and confused when you pulled away. “I’m sorry Oppa, I’ll be more careful next time,” you smiled and patted his cheek lightly before wrapping his arm around your shoulders and entwining his fingers with yours. “Let’s go and get food I’m starved!”

Minho frowned yet chuckled at your apparent childishness and tightened his hold of you, determined not to lose you again.      

~