The First Day - Part 2

Be Your Hope

 

Their laughings were repeating one after another in Baekhyun’s brain, even when those jerks had got out of the classroom.

It doesn’t matter. He thought. I got used to it anyways.

Laughings from his past, mixed with Chanyeol’s, made him more depressed.

It is always like this. It will be always like this. “Oh look at him, such a loser.” Since when, being normal and looking at my own business is considered as being a loser?

Baekhyun took a deep breath and stood up slowly, started to gather his books from the ground.

“Here.”

Baekhyun looked at where the sudden voice came. It was a boy who had a friendly smile on his face.

“Th-Thank you.” He grabbed the book.

“Are you alright?”

“I think so.” I am, if we skip the part where i was almost crying like a baby...

“Don’t mind them. They are always like this. Those jerks…” The boy glanced at the door where the three troublemakers had gotten out.

Baekhyun just nodded.

It started again. Why am i like this? Why can’t i show an emotion except shyness? Even he is acting friendly...

“I’m Suho.” The guy said. “Nice to meet you.” Suho grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and shook it.

“Nice to meet you too.”

Suho smiled warmly. “Do you want to take a tour? Since you are new here… I can be your guide !”

Wha-What should i say now? Should i be formal? Or even should i say something? Isn’t a nod good enough? Argh.

Baekhyun tried to smile while those thoughts were rushing his head, but he ended up with a stupid expression on his face.

“Eerrr… I consider this as a ‘yes’ “

---

“So we –seniors- are on the first floor. In the second floor, there are juniors. Third floor is for sophmores and in the fourth floor, there are freshmans.”

Baekhyun nodded, meaning he understood.

“The cafeteria is at the ground floor. We have balcony at the top floor when it is spring we sometimes do grill parties there. Sounds good huh?”

“It must be crowded.”

“Huh?”

“I mean wouldn’t it be hard when there are a lot of person and all of them is dying for grilled meats and free beers?”

“Err… Yes but… Whatever.” Suho smiled.

Stupid. Stupid, stupid! Why the hell did you say that? Now he thinks you are such a loser-freak.

“So, where do you want to see now? Ah- I almost forgot. Our gym is at the back of the school. There is a practice room, where art and drama classes is practicing. But it is at the left of the school building.”

Baekhyun nodded but didn’t answer his new friend’s question. He just looked at Suho and pretended to be thinking.

What would he do if i say that i want to stay in the class? No. Baekhyun... Stop being an anti-social nerd. If you don’t want people to make fun of you. You have to begin to socialise, you should start a new beginning with your new life in here. YES ! THE OLD BAEKHYUN IS GONE. I WON’T BE CALLED A LOSER ANYMORE !

“Can’t we stay in the classroom? The ring is going to bell in two or three minutes and i want to be in there before the teacher come.” Baekhyun rushed the words and they heard like somehow begging.

Stupid me!

“Aaah- If you want so...” Suho seemed a bit surprised  and disappointed but he got his smile up and walked into the classroom with Baekhyun.

---

When the lesson was started Baekhyun felt no presence coming from his left. The seat which was belong to Chanyeol was empty.

“Why is the class so quiet? Where is Chanyeol?” The teacher said. Baekhyun felt like the teacher expressed the same thoughts as him.

The guy who had been with Chanyeol before, answered.

“His father suddenly got sick and he went to look after him.”

“It is happening a lot lately. Is he alright?”

“I don’t know, miss. He said that his father have some kind of heart problem.”

“Ah. I’m sorry for him. It must be tough.” The teacher took a breath and moved on the lesson.

Baekhyun was sorry for Chanyeol and his father but when he saw a smirk on Chanyeol’s friend, his sadness became suspicion.

Could it be his escape method? Can he fool others to skip lessons?

Baekhyun... You shouldn’t be thinking that way. No one could do such a heartless act.