The Lost One Finale

Be Your Hope

In the last part, below the asterixes, I recommend you to read it with this song: Girls Generation-Time Machine

 

“Why?” Suddenly, a word found his way out of Chanyeol’s mouth. He was shocked. He wouldn’t believe if someone said that Kris was the one who stole the inhaler.

Kris just looked at Chanyeol, as Chanyeol waited for an answer, for an apology, for a regretful expression, But no. No answer came from him. Instead, he just looked at Chanyeol with a hint of hatred in his eyes. When he finally decided to talk, his words were like snowballs. Cold and shocking.

“I just don’t like him.”

Chanyeol frowned and his words coming out of his mouth, were ruthless. “Is saying this, that easy for you? He could have died because of you.”

Kris smirked, which annoyed Chanyeol. “I wouldn’t mind him to die.”

“How- How dare you?!”

Kris unwrapped his towel, ignoring Chanyeol and made him turn his back.

While Chanyeol was clenching his fist and waiting for an answer came from him, Kris just dressed up and tried to pass Chanyeol, leave the locker room. But when he opened the door, Chanyeol pushed the door and made it close noisily.

“We are having a damn conversation. Never do a mistake like this again, you cannot ignore me when i’m talking to you.”

Kris suddenly rushed to face him and all he had was anger in his eyes, like he wasn’t the one who was wrong.

“Yes. Chanyeol. I did it. I was the one who heard Baekhhyun and Suho’s conversation. I was the one who stole the inhaler. I was the one who wanted Baekhyun to die!”

The last sentence came out from Kris different than the others. Like that intention had been in himself for a long time.

“This is not the Kris i know.” Chanyeol’s voice was calmed down a bit but now Kris was heatening up.

“When it comes to Baekhyun, the Kris you know dies...”

“Why... Why is this hatred? Just because he has the same name-“

Kris started to laugh as noisy as he could. “Why can’t you understand it? Stop declining it. He is the one, Chanyeol and you know it. Because you know it, you know where those hatred come from.”

Chanyeol suddenly got sad, the memories from his past were flying around in his brain. Good and sad memories...

After a silence for a minute, Chanyeol shook his head and shouted at Kris while a teardrop flowed down from his eye to his cheek.

“STOP IT KRIS !” He was clenching his fist. “MY HYUNG DIED SIX YEARS AGO !”

---

Suho was looking at Mrs. Byun with curiosity in his eyes.

“An amnesia?” He asked.

Mrs. Byun nodded. “After the car accident had happened, Baekhyun got an attack both from physical and psychological which made him erase most of his memories.” She smiled like he was kinda missing the old Baekhyun. “Can you believe that he was one of the troublemakers in his school?”

She smiled at the Suho’s surprised expression, then she continued: “He was spending most of his time with his friends, playing football.” She sighed. “Football was like his whole life...”

“Ah.” Suho nodded like he understood something. “That explains why he wasn’t unfamiliar with it.”

“Sometimes... He was coming home, had a fight and i was freaking out when i saw his bleeding nose and pale face. But, even he was in pain, he was always telling me that i shouldn’t be worried.” She then smiled and imitated her son: “Don’t worry mom. The others are in a worse situation when i am. We kicked their asses with Yeol-ah.” Mrs. Byun sighed again. “I can still remember myself saying he shouldn’t use those words.”

Suho didn’t even hear the last sentence because his mind was locked on one word.

“Yeol-ah?”

Mrs. Byun nodded. “He was talking about a child, named Chanyeol. They were so close to eachother and we can say that they spent their childhood together. I wonder where he is right now. He must be sad because we had to move out of this town immediately. Baekhyun couldn’t even said goodbye to him because of the crisis he had.”

---

Chanyeol was in the football field, kicking balls to the empty goalspot and thinking.

He is not the Baekhyun i know. No. He and his father died in a car accident. He kicked a ball in fury.

How can Kris thinks that he is my hyung? No way. That weakling cannot be my hyung. When i make him fall from his seat, he didn’t even say one thing, he didn’t even decided to fight. He just surrendered. My hyung wouldn’t be such a loser.

He kicked another ball.

Even they look alike, their style isn’t matching. I can’t see the passion in this guy’s eyes as i was seeing them in my hyung’s.

Chanyeol kicked another ball to the goalspot, this time the ball hit the goalpost and came back to him.

Besides all of this, why do i feel weak when i look at his eyes? Why a part of my heart broke when i saw Baekhyun, lying there and asking for help? ... Why am i trying to ignore the idea of him to be my hyung? Just dammit Chanyeol. They are the same person. Even there is something missing, why didn’t you run to him. Why didn’t you tell him that you missed him so much?

But... If he was my hyung... Why didn’t he recognise me?

Chanyeol sighed and shook his head.

It can’t be. Dead lives cannot be brought back to life. He is not him. He can’t be. But anways...

“There is one way to know the truth.” Chanyeol looked at the top of his index finger. There was a cut mark on it.

 

***

 

It was 11 pm, when the door of Baekhyun’s room was opened. A silhouette came in, trying not to do a single sound and closed the door behind.

He then, went to Baekhyun’s bed and sat on the empty side of the bed. Chanyeol took a deep breath silently and looked at Baekhyun’s sleeping self.

Weak... Such a weakling...

Suddenly Chanyeol’s eyes got itchy, and he felt so lonely in the room. He felt the same when he had felt the time he had learned that his hyung had died.

“Loneliness and sadness... Two emotions that i left behind myself after the accident of yours took place.” He whispered.

“I just can’t think of you being my hyung. Because he was known to have died. And even if you are my hyung, I don’t know what to feel. Should i feel happy that you are alive, standing in front of me or should i be sad ‘cause of my days passed thinking that you were dead.”

Chanyeol suddenly stood up and went to the door in a rush.

He shook his head. “I can’t do that.” He was breathing so fast and his eyelashes were filled with tears. When he touched to the handle of the door, his mind exposed the buried memories of him.

---

“Yeol-ah?”

“Yes, hyung?”

Baekhyun smiled to him. “You know... Someday... We may have to be seperated from eachother.”

Little Chanyeol nodded.

“Do you promise that you won’t forget me, even we will be so far away from eachother?”

---

Chanyeol gasped in sadness. A teardrop found his way to his cheek and the others followed it.

---

“I promise, hyung. I will never forget you. Even we will be seperated from eachother, we will be as one.”

---

Chanyeol then turned back and rushed to Baekhyun, grabbed his hand and looked at the top of his index finger. A cut mark was there, showing the friendship of the two.

“Hyung...” Chanyeol couldn’t hold his tears anymore and laid down next to Baekhyun while the emotions of himself were flowing down, through his cheeks.

“I’m sorry. I am really sorry. You are my hyung. I shouldn’t have denied it. I shouldn’t act that bad to you. I don’t care if you have changed or not. I promise to be with you...”

I promise not to lose you again... Hyung.