Lovers - Part 2

Be Your Hope

 

"So, what's between you two?"

Baekhyun and Suho were on their way to school when Baekhyun dropped the question.

"It's nothing, really."

"Suho-ah, I wanna know it all."

Suho sighed. While they were walking together, he explained what happened the day Krystal kissed him.

"Daebak!" Baekhyun smiled sheepishly. "You are gonna say yes, right?"

Suho pouted. "I think I'll pass."

"What? Why? I mean... I don't know her in person but they say her looks is top level."

"It's not about the looks. She is a girl who hangs out with badasses. Why would she come to me all of a sudden? I don't trust her."

"You are badass."

"Mwaha. Yeah, my ." They laughed.

"OPPAAAA!" Out of nowhere a voice which made Suho tremble in fear was heard. Krystal from juniors run to Suho and hugged him with all of her strength.

"Wait...Krys...Can't breathe..." After showing her hectic interest towards Suho, Krystal let go of him but this time she grabbed his hand and forced him to walk with her, literally dragging him away. 

Baekhyun smiled. "She is cute but I feel sorry for Suho-ah." He sighed. "Maybe one day I will have a girlfriend too."

"Are you talking to yourself, punk?"

"Oh...No,no...It's nothing... Morning Chanyeol-ssi."

"Morning Baekhyun-ssi." -ah.

"How have you be-Ouch!" Chanyeol suddenly pinched Baekhyun's nose. "What was that for?" Baekhyun rubbed his nose in pain.

"I know you can't be fully awaken in the early mornings so that should wake you up."

"Stil this is too much- Wait. What do you mean you know?"

Chanyeol scratched his head and found a half-lie to cover his opening. "Aren't all the students is the same?"

"Yeah, right."

They walked a bit in an awkward silence and passed the garden gates into the school grounds.

"We have some time before the lesson starts. Wanna chill somewhere? Did you have breakfast?"

"I did but we can sit somewhere."

"Okay, let's just sit there." Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun and dragged him. That reminded Baekhyun of Krystal then he shook his head, thinking that it is wrong.

As they sat onto a bench, Chanyeol opened his sportsbag and got something out of it.

"Here, this is for you." He handed Baekhyun a bottle of milk.

"Th-Thanks." Baekhyun took a sip from the milk. "I wish we had chocolate powder too."

"Like this?" Chanyeol pointed to a small package he is holding.

"Oh... Wow. How do you know that I like it?" Baekhyun poured the powder into the bottle.

"Ehehe... Doesn't everyone like chocolate milk?"

"Yeah, right."

"By the way I wanted to talk you about something." Chanyeol's expression was serious.

"Wh-What is it?" 

"Are you nervous?" 

"I'm-I'm not. Why would I?"

"Right? Well... Did you join a club?"

"Not yet."

"Then what about joining our club?"

Baekhyun was caught off guard while drinking so he started to cough.

"Hey, hey." Chanyeol was patting his back. When Baekhyun stopped choking he asked out of curiosity.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes. Why? I know you like soccer."

"Well, you seem to know so much about me. How can you ask something like that? Do you want me to collapse again?

"You won't."

"How can you be certain?"

Chanyeol clenched his fist. "I won't let you. I will help you."

"You? You aren't even attending the practices. Do you even care about the club?"

"Did Chen brainwashed you?"

"I just-"

"And what you suddenly got the balls and can talk to me- the great Chanyeol- like that?"

"I-I..." Baekhyun couldn't say anything. This was strange. He never felt like that before. He didn't know that he had a temper.

"What do you say?"

"I don't know."

"Look. I saw how you played that day. You were good. You can't let yourself go to waste."

Before Baekhyun could answer, another voice was heard: "Don't listen to this devil, Baekhyun-ah."

"Chen..." 

Chen got closer to Baekhyun and stood in front of him. "Let's go. Lesson will start soon."

"We are talking, can't you see you dumb?" Chanyeol stood up and faced Chen.

"Who are you to talk to me like that?" Chen grabbed collar of Chanyeol's shirt and he did the same to Chen.

"Guys, stop it." Baekhyun tried to get in betweem them. "Chanyeol-ssi please..."

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun then Chen. "Tch." He let Chen go harshly and got his bag. "I will be waiting for you after the school."

Baekhyun nodded and thanked for milk before Chanyeol left.

"Just why are you like this?" Baekhyun asked Chen, while getting his belongings. 

"Don't talk with him. He is a demon. He will taint you."

"Stop exaggerating. It makes you childish."

"What?"

"Let's go."

Baekhyun wondered about when he got the power to say strong things like that. As he left first, Chen was observing him like a cheetah waiting for his prey.

---

During the class Suho, Kris, Chen and Chanyeol was nowhere to be found. Baekhyun didn't know what was going on but he had this bad feeling lingering in him. When it was break he rushed to outside only to bump Suho.

"Oh, Suho-ah. Where were you?"

Suho scratched his head, seemed annoyed. He just didn't answer and went straight to his seat.

"Are you okay? What happened?"

"I'm going to die. Really..." 

"Suho-ah."

"Krystal kissed me again."

"Wow, this girl really. Did you tell her to leave you?"

"I couldn't but instead I kissed her back. I am really finished."

"So you want her now?"

"No.. Maybe... Kinda... Dunno!" He dug his head onto the open book.

"You like her."

"Yeah."

"A lot."

"Yeah."

"Date her then. If you find yourself uncomfortable, you'll just let go."

"Maybe you are right. Maybe she didn't have any other intention other than dating me. I think she fell in love with my over the top charms!"

"Luhan, is that you?"

Suho laughed. "Thank you. I think I'll accept her and let the things just happen."

"Yeah." Baekhyun smiled. "I'm happy for you."

"Yeah." Suho scratched his head one more time.

---

It was the lunchbreak when suddenly Baekhyun dropped a statement.

"Chanyeol wants me in soccer club."

"What?" Suho had to cough a couple times before he could speak again. "What did you say?"

"I didn't say anything."

"But?" Suho raised an eyebrow. 

"I'll say yes."

"ARE YOU NUTS?" Everyone in the cafeteria looked at Suho so he had to apologise by bowing his head, then he asked with a calmer voice. "Are you joking right?"

"This must be a trick. Do you wanna get mocked by Chanyeol again?" 

"I trust him." 

Suho took a sip of fresh water. I trust him. This reminded him of Chanyeol. It could actually be good for Baekhyun to stay by his side. But Suho still wasn't sure if Chanyeol's intentions was pure or not.

"Are you gonna be fine?"

"Yeah."

Okay. Then I trust you now. Don't let me down."

Baekhyun smiled.

"Oppa!" Krystal's scream was pushed all the sound in the cafeteria down. She ran to Suho's table and sat next to him. "YAH! I told you to wait me for lunch, you punk!"

Suho's cheerful smile turned to a painful one as Krystal tried to feed Suho by her own hands.

Baekhyun gave a You can do it glance to Suho and left the lovebirds alone.

---

Lessons after the lunchbreak was cancelled due to absence of a teacher so Baekhyun headed to the GYM, hoping to find Chanyeol. He found him sitting on a bank, headphones on, listening to music and tapping his fingers rhytmically. He looked somewhat in peace so Baekhyun was hesitant to go near him.

"Why are you standing there? Come here." Chanyeol said without opening his eyes.

"Yeah." Baekhyun sat near Chanyeol.

Chanyeol removed the headphones off his head. "I knew you would show up." He smirked.

"Yeah." Baekhyun smiled too. "Where can I get the forms to join?"

Chanyeol laughed. "Forms is me. If I say you are in then you are in. If I say you are out. You are out."

Baekhyun let in and out a huge breath. "Right."

"So, Let's go."

"Where?"

"We should start practising."

"What? Now? Wait, wait."

"We don't have time. There is a match between the us and a rival school. I have to get you in shape by then."

"I-I..."

"Go and change, hurry."

Baekhyun mumbled something but made his way to the gym as Chanyeol patting his , shouting him to hurry.

---

"Where are we? Why aren't we practising in the schoolyard?"

"Well the air in here is fresh. You could be more comfortable here. I thought."

Baekhyun mumbled something again.

They walked through the woods behind the school area and found an open grassland.

"Woah!" Baekhyun didn't hide his amazement.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun's eyes in expectation. "How is it?" He asked with a huge grin.

"I didn't even know something like this was existed but this is beautiful."

Chanyeol felt like he couldn't breathe for a moment. He sighed in disappointment. He patted Baekhyun's back. "Let's go!"

 

---

Long time no see again. Sorry for the late update. Adapting to the college is harder than I thought.