From Chanyeol's Diary

Be Your Hope

Hey Diary...

Did you know that today is my birthday? I invited all of my classmates to my birthday party. I was so excited because this was going to be my first party.

I’m kinda sad. Because noone came to me except one person. Yup. You guessed right. It was my hyung, Baekhyun-ah. I was feeling lonely, all alone with those party hats, balloons and my birthday cake. Do you know how did it hurt when i waited them to come and they didn’t come? I know that noone likes me, what i don’t know is why? Anyways... I got happy when my hyung rang our doorbell.

“Hey.” He said and smiled. Then all of my loneliness was gone.

He didn’t ask why our garden was empty, instead being full of child crowd, he just smiled at me and chatted with me.

---

We were sitting at the birthday table when i asked a question out of nowhere.

“Am I ugly?”

“What?”

I repeated my question. “Noone likes me. Am i ugly?”

“Why would you ask that? They are such ty pants. Don’t mind them.”

---

He always tries to make me feel good. I am so lucky to have a friend like him.

---

“So... Why don’t they like me?”

He smiled to me and put a party hat on my head. “Maybe because you don’t call hyung who are older than you.”

I rolled my eyes. “Six months. Not even one year.”

He got a party horn and blew it, making a silly sound. “I don’t care. I want you to call me hyung.”

“I won’t.”

He showed me his fist and smiled playfully. “You won’t? Then... There is no solution but...”

He then put his finger in my birthday cake and touched my cheek with it, making my face shine with cream.

“Ah. No you didn’t!”

I did the same and we had some kind of fight, while laughing and enjoying our stupidness.

---

I am not calling him hyung when i’m near him. But don’t tell him that he is actually my hyung okay?

Ah do you know what? He did bought me a present. I said it wasn’t needed but... It felt good to have a present since it was the first time a friend of mine buying a gift for me.

---

“Time to open gifts!”

“What gifts?” I just couldn’t stop smiling when i heard it.

He went to a tree nearby and pulled something out from the leaves of it. He had hidden his gift in it. I didn’t know when he did it but it was funny.

“Here.” He gave me an orange colored giftbox. It was nothing big but i felt like it was the best present in the world.

I took it and opened it carefully without harming the package. My eyes got widened when i realised what was it.

“Is that a... knife?”

“A dagger...”

---

You cannot guess how was i suprised and i found it was kind of creepy.

---

“Why would someone gives a knife to his friend as a birthday present? You creepy guy.”

He didn’t smile. He just looked deeply at my eyes, seemed kind of sad.

“I couldn’t decide what to buy so i didn’t. This silver dagger was my grandfather’s and i wanted to give something which shows our friendship. But this is not it. ”

I was looking at him, confused but he smiled and talked cheerfully. “Let’s be blood brothers!”

---

Blood brothers... I wasn’t expecting this but i accepted since he was my only and the best friend.

---

He took the dagger and cut the top of his right hand’s index finger. I was shocked how calm he was. Because i was scared.

“Your turn.” He handed me the dagger. I gulped but decided to stay strong for him and got the silver dagger, cut the top of my left hand’s index finger just like him.

Then he took my finger and pressed his’ to mine.

---

It’s pain is still there but i can’t stop smiling when i look at it. The mark of our friendship...

---

 

“Now repeat after me...”

I nodded.

“My dear friend. I promise to be on your side.”

I repeated.

“And i promise not to forget you, even someday we will be seperated from eachother.”

“I promise not to forget you... Not even after death seperate us.”

He smiled to me when i said that.

“As we share our blood...”

“As we share our blood...”

He looked at me with determined eyes.

“Our friendship will never end.”