The First Day Finale / Hating Chanyeol Part 1

Be Your Hope

 

The last bell of the day has rung a while ago and all the students had left the classroom, except two person. Baekhyun was still trying to prepare his belongings.

“Can’t you be faster? You are trying to close that bag for like ten minutes.”

“Okay, okay...” Baekhyun zipped his bag quickly and hanged it onto his shoulder. “We can go now.”

“Finally.” Suho hit Baekhyun’s back playfully to make him pass the door.

Ouch.

---

After a couple of minutes, they went out of the school building. At the same time, Suho waved to boy who seemed very angry.

When the three of them met on halfway, Suho asked curiously.

“Hey. Did something bad happen? You seem pissed off.”

The boy took a deep breath before answering his question.

“It’s Chanyeol.”

Suho rolled his eyes immediately. “What did he do this time?”

“He didn’t come to the practice.”

Suho didn’t seem too surprised. “Was that the problem? He does this very often. I thought that you got used to it.”

The boy took another deep breath.

“When he doesn’t attend practices, players from his group doesn’t show up either. How the hell are we supposed to play with only half of the team?!”

He heard like he needed something to punch.

Suho was almost saying something but Baekhyun’s sudden voice made him stop.

“A-Actually... One of his friends said that his father has a serious health problem and he had to-“

The boy, looked at Baekhyun like he hadn’t noticed him until he started to talk, then laughed noisily.

Did i say something wrong? Baekhyun thought.

“Such a funny guy out here! You don’t seriously believe that, do you? He fools teachers with tricks like these, so he can skip lessons without pulling their anger on himself.”

Was that... A lie? How... “How cruel...”

“You think so? Well this is Chanyeol we are talking about. He is the definition of ‘cruelness’. By the way... I’m Chen. The second captain of our football club.”

“I’m Baekhyun.”

“So you are new here. Nice to meet you, then.”

Baekhyun nodded.

“Ah. I almost forgot... I gotta go now. See you around, guys.” He, had given Suho a small glance before he rushed into school building.

---

“He is the second captain as he said.” Suho said, while they were walking on the way home.

“Chanyeol and he can’t get along well. I don’t think it’s Chen’s fault, though. Okay, sometimes he can get really stubborn and we can say that he is very ambitious person but you know... Chanyeol is Chanyeol. He is the bad guy here.”

Is it really true? Chanyeol can be a serious “pain in the ” but i don’t think like Suho. No one is bad inside. It’s the situations which makes people act different than who they are. However...

“By the way, will you join a club?”

“Ah, I don’t know.” Baekhyun said. He has never thought of this.

“You should join one.”

“It is my first day here. Do i have to experience all the things in one day?

Suho did a sad expression. “You may be right. You must be tired. Pardon me.”

Baekhyun smiled as well. “Thank you for your understanding.”

Suho looked at Baekhyun, surprised but smiling as well.

“You are kind, you know. I wonder how can you be that patient and quiet. I know that i met you today but... Even when Chanyeol hit you, you were so calm. You didn’t shout, hit or do something to hurt him. You just stood up and started to get your books and... Nevermind. I feel like i’m talking too much.”

Suho seemed curious about him.

--Stop calling me good or kind. I am neither of this... I’m just too afraid to show my true feelings. I’m so... weak. Yes. There is only one word that describes me. “Weak.”—

Baekhyun was in trance with his own thoughts and he didn’t realize that they have reached their destination.

“So this is your place?”

“Y-Yes.”

“Okay. I need to walk a bit more. I will see you tomorrow. Let’s exchange cell numbers to be in contact.”

---

In the meantime...

Chen was in the GYM building, taking a shower in the bathroom, getting rid of his bad thoughts and stresses under the hot water. With every single drop of calming water touching his skin, cleansed his  mind, made him think more clearly and uncovered his inner-desires.

The all he could think about was Chanyeol.

I freaking hate him. He is such a self-sentered idiot who doesn’t care about anything but himself. If i had a chance i would rip his head off.

He started to clench his teeth in anger.

He doesn’t even deserve to be a captain. He is not coming to practices, making team lose its half and all he do is sitting here, drinking some beers and having fun with his “friends”. He is unreliable and irresponsible person.

Gahh! Chen, punched the soap.

Why the hell he is the captain anyways? I deserve it, not him. I’m better than him. I’m nothing an useless like him but still...

Why...

He had turned off the water and laid back his wet hair before taking his towel and wrapping it around his waist.

He took a deep breath and the words coming out from his mouth was like a promise to himself.

Soon... I will be the first and only captain. I will beat the out of him.