The Lost One - Part 1

Be Your Hope

-Chanyeol’s POV.-

I couldn’t believe that this Baekhyun guy who seemed weak and childish, have just scored a goal against me. But before i could say anything, think anything or shout at the others in anger, i saw him. I saw Baekhyun fall down. When that happened, everyone run to him, as well i did. I looked at him.

His skin was so pale, his chest was inhaling and exhaling the air so fast, he was trembling in shock, was in a cough crisis. I knew that i have seen it happening to someone before. It was an asthma attack. And when i realized that he was dying in front of me, my eyes widened in fear. Even i just met him a day ago, seeing him in pain broke something in me, pierced my life source. But besides all of this, when he was fighting the attack, even he had so many friends near, he just looked me in the eyes deeply like he was asking for help. For a second, i could swear that he tried to reach me out, like a baby trying to reach his mother. But before i could had done anything, his hand grabbed the air and fell down as he closed his eyes, fainted in tiredness.

I didn’t know what to do. He had asked me for help and all i could do was standing next to him and watching him die.

Noone was going to do something for him. Even that stupid teacher was looking at him , totally confused. I took a deep breath and crouched, hugged Baekhyun, lifted him and pressed him to myself as i run to the infirmary.

I would never be able to forget the coldness of his skin and his painful expression.

***

Suho was sitting on an armchair; next to the white bed where Baekhyun was lying on, linked to some creepy machines. The voice coming from those machines was making Suho more depressed and sad. He had cried all the time when he had been with Baekhyun. Everytime Suho had looked at his face, he got sad and mostly angry. Angry because he couldn’t had done even one thing to save him. It was Chanyeol; who took Baekhyun to the infirmary, who helped our doctor to carry him to another hospital, even Chanyeol was the one who asked the doctor if Baekhyun was okay.

I’m an useless. Suho whispered to himself while looking at Baekhyun’s sleeping body. I’m a coward. A ing coward ! I should have force you not to join the match. I have promised you to save you... But I couldn’t do it Baekhyun. I couldn’t save your life. I couldn’t be your hope.

I’m sorry. I’m really sorry...

Suho took Baekhyun’s hand and buried his head to it, crying and beggin him to come back.

---

After like fifteen minutes, the door of Baekhyun’s room opened and a half-aged woman came into the room in rush, seemed to have cried and when she saw his son lying on a cold bed, her eyes got teared up again.

Suho looked at her and said that he was sorry, then he left the room, leaving mother and son alone.

As Suho tried to walk, his sadness started to take control again, making teardrops gather on his eyeslashes. He speeded up his steps and went to the WC. Luckily, there was noone in there which meant Suho could cried as much as he wanted to. But instead, he the tap and washed his face, then he took a deep breath. When he thought that he was in control, he decided to leave but before he could had done something, the door opened up and a dark haired, tall boy showed up, looking directly at Suho, piercing his eyes.

Suho tried to leave, ignoring Chanyeol but Chanyeol didn’t let him.

-Chanyeol’s POV-

“What do you want from me? I don’t have enough energy to waste on you.”

He tried to pass again but i blocked his way.

“What happened ?” I asked, without losing the eye-contact.

“He had an asthma at-“

“I already know that, you fishead ! I asked why you couldn’t bring the medicine he needed?”

Suho looked at me with red eyes.

“Why do you even care?” His voice was trembling but he tried not to lose his power in front of me. He continued: “Why does it bother you? Weren’t you the one who forced him to play? Don’t you feel any guilt? Can’t you see that you are the reason why he is in a situation like this?”

Even his voice was weak, his words were strong enough to make me feel bad. He was true. It was because of me... Because of me Baekhyun was injured.

I was clenching my fist. When he decided to say something again, i interrupted him with punching the wall, shouting at him and ignoring the guilt.

“Answer me, dammit! Why didn’t you bring the medicine?” I repeated my question.

Suho just looked at me with empty eyes and all of a sudden started to cry, exposing all the guilt of his.

---

I was running to the GYM with lots of thoughts in my mind. As, what Suho had told me, there were a couple of eventuality.

Firstly it could be just fall down and Suho couldn’t see it, because he was in shock as well.

Secondly it had been stolen by someone when everyone was in the backyard.

Suddenly, when I come in front of GYM building, my feet stopped moving. My mind was showing a scene which had happened between me and someone, also it was shouting his name to me.

KAI.