The First Day - Part 1

Be Your Hope

 

“Here is your new classmate. Please introduce yourself.”

The student next to teacher seemed a bit shy. He took a deep breath before telling his name.

“I’m Baekhyun. Nic-Nice to meet you.”

The teacher smiled and pointed the only empty space in the class. “You can sit there.”

Baekhyun nodded and walked towards the desk, put his bag onto the desk then sat to the chair.

“Since our new member took his place as well, we can start our lesson. Now… Open your books please.”

The lesson started. Baekhyun pulled a notebook and a pen from his bag and started to take notes. He wasn’t aware of the person looking directly at him.

“Do you know why this chair was the only empty one?”

The strange voice coming next to Baekhyun scared him. He turned to his left and saw the boy who seemed like an arrogant type.

The boy continued: “Because no one wants to deal with me.”

“Wha-What do you mean?”

The boy smirked. “You will see.”

Baekhyun gulped. He was wishing for not encountering a troublemaker all the way here but it seemed like he had one next to him.

“Chanyeol? Why are you talking? Do you want me o send another report to your family?” The teacher’s voice was merciless.

The boy sitting left of Baekhyun faked a smile. “No, miss. Please don’t.” His voice was mocking.

Chanyeol huh… Baekhyun tought. The name wasn’t so unfamilliar to him.

---

When the first bell rang, the teacher had glanced to Chanyeol before she left the classroom.

Baekhyun, put his note into the bag and looked at his arm-watch. It was nine thirty. He didn’t know what to do since he wasn’t good at making friends and being social. He crossed his arms on the desk and leaned down his head on his arms.

He was nervous. Nervous of what Chanyeol guy said, and mostly nervous because it was his first day in this school. He didn’t know any of these guys and unfortunately he was so shy to talk to them.

Baekhyun took a deep breath. Just a couple days ago he was in the big city, had friends and neighboors. But now, he followed his family all the way this far-away town.

Great! he thought. How many days will be passed till i get used to here and make some friends?

“Hey.”

The thick-voice echoed in Baekhyun’s head.

If I act like i am dead, will he leave me alone?

“Hey! I’m talking with you, sleepy-head!”

Ugh. Baekhyun pulled his head between his arms and looked at Chanyeol.

“Wha-What do you want?”

Chanyeol smirked. “I want to greet you.”

Oh. So he didn’t want to have fun of me? Maybe… I was wrong about him. I shouldn’t have judged him from his appereance.

He was so happy that someone wanted to talk to him, greet him.

Baekhyun smiled warmly. “I’m Baekhyun. Nice to meet you, Chanyeol!” He then, reached out, tried to do a handshake with him.

Chanyeol looked Baekhyun’s hand for a moment then laughed somehow in an insulting way.

“Look here guys. He wants to hake hands.” Baekhyun then realised two other boys on his left and right.

The one on the right smirked. “So you should give him a handshake, hyung.”

Chanyeol  grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and started to squeeze it with all of his strength.

Beakhyun screamed in a low tone.

“Do you like it? I can give you more of it if you want? Ah… What? You didn’t like it? Okay so…”

Chanyeol, pulled Baekhyun’s hand and made him fell from his chair with his bag.

Now he was lying on the cold floor, with all of his books are spread. Baekhyun was depressed.

I was wrong. He wasn’t a troublemaker. He was the trouble’s itself.