How Jieun Felt

The Song Jieun Murder Case

~*~

 

Hyosung ran down the stairs and out the door.

‘There’s a possibility that Sunhwa can die.’ She thought as she makes her way to the streets.

She shrugged the thought away. ‘I can’t be like this. She’s still my friend.’

As she walked, she saw two figures on the sidewalk. A man was holding a teenager by the collar.

‘Wait a minute. That kid looks like one of Youngjae’s friends.’ She stared at Zelo and immediately recognized him.

She eyed him and noticed the older guy. He had an officer’s uniform on, somehow the same with that officer Hana’s uniform. Suddenly, the older guy yelled.

“YES! It’s about what happened 5 years ago!”

That’s when it hit her.

‘5 years ago? No…’ She thought and she swallowed. ‘He’s not just after Sunhwa. He’s also after me.’

 

~*~

 

“What do you want?” Hana asked him, her gun down but he is still pointing the knife at Sunhwa.

He didn’t answer, instead Sunhwa replied. “Us. He wants us.”

Hana showed confusion in her face.

“Song Jieun?” Sunhwa let out a weak laugh. “You’re not Song Jieun. Song Jieun is dead.”

Even with the blood on her face and pain in her expression, she said those in a very offensive way. Even Hana was somehow affected by it.

“YES! It’s about what happened 5 years ago!”

Hana and Sunhwa looked out the window. There they saw the detective along with a tall teenager, standing in the front lawn.

‘Junhong? Did he follow me?’ Hana thought as she saw the father and son somehow fighting.

‘What is that kid doing here?’ Sunhwa felt his cold breath on her skin.

“Perfect.”

Hana turned back to them but was punched right on the face, knocking her out. She let go of her gun because of the blow and he picked it up after letting go of Sunhwa. Sunhwa ran to the window and tried to bang on it, catching the attention of the people outside.

“Very good Sunhwa. Make him come to me.” he said and pointed the gun at the back of her head.

“HELP!” she screamed and banged at the window.

He went closer to her, the gun still pointed at the back of her head. Sunhwa cried louder as she heard him getting closer, her heart racing faster.

Her eyes looked through the window and saw the detective with Junhong. She banged the window again, stronger this time and screamed louder. It caught their attention and she screamed, “HELP ME PLEASE!”

“That’s enough. That will do.”

Then he shot her. The gun was placed right on top of her head. The blow caused Sunhwa’s face to stick on the window, leaving the glass window with crimson red liquid that came from Sunhwa’s sliced and blow up face.

 

 

“Please go home, Zelo. This case isn’t like any other cases I’ve handled.” Woosik pleaded for the nth time but Junhong just stared at him.

“Dad… I wanna help.” He said with no emotion.

“NO! THIS IS DANGEROUS!” woosik yelled at him.

“DAD PLEASE!” Junhong showed complete determination. “You know what happened 5 years ago! We couldn’t do anything! I want to make up to it this time!”

“This is different! You helping with this might just make it worse!”

“Dad…” Junhong suddenly had a tear running down his cheek. “You know how much that incident affected us. How it affected me! My conscience was hunting me every single night because we couldn’t do anything for that girl!”

“I KNOW!” Woosik yelled at him. “That’s why I’m not letting you go over that same thing again!”

“HELP ME PLEASE!” they heard a muffled scream from the house.

“SUNHWA!?” Hyosung suddenly screamed from behind them.

Then… a loud bang ringed through the whole house.

Sunhwa’s bloody face slowly drops from the window. Her body drops to the floor, revealing a man with a cap behind her. He’s standing right in front of the window while holding a gun towards them.

“Junhong… run…” woosik whispered while slowly grabbing his gun.

“No. This time… I’m gonna do something.”

“S-Sunhwa!” Hyosung started running towards the house with her hands on her head, her sanity obviously gone.

Her sudden action makes the guy point the gun at her and Woosik pushes Junhong out of the way, trying to catch up to Hyosung. Junhong hides behind the corner where the lights don’t reach him.

Woosik manages to catch up to her, the same time he pulls the trigger. The glass window breaks as the bullet broke through, making its way to its target.

The two collapses to the hard ground.

“DAD!” Junhong screamed from his place, seeing the two figures weren’t moving.

His eyes immediately looked through the now broken window. The figure moves out, clearly oblivious to Junhong’s presence.

His fists curled into a tight ball.

‘I need to do something.’ He thought as his feet starts to make a run for the back of the house.

It could be easier if he just called for help. But something in him is screaming he needs to do something. Something different.

 

 

‘That was pretty easy…’ he thought as he steps back from the window. He starts to walk but stops beside Sunhwa’s lifeless figure.

He smirks. “Now you know how Jieun felt when you ignored her cry for help.”

His gaze turns to the unconscious Hana. He walks next to her and kneels beside her. “You’re not on my list. And I don’t wanna kill you either. But once you get on my way again, I’ll forget everything Jieun said about you.”

 

~*~