Too Weird

The Song Jieun Murder Case

“Hey, I’m home!” Hyosung announced as she entered the living room.

“Oh? Noona! I thought you’ll be home by tomorrow?” Youngjae asked as he turns around, careful not to wake up the sleeping Hyomin on his lap.

“Well… stuff happened,” Hyosung smiled sarcastically at Youngjae then lifted a bag full of groceries.

“Help me cook dinner. You can stay here until tomorrow if you like. Mind lifting Hyomin up to her room?” she asked as she gives Youngjae a warm smile. The latter smiled back after giving a ‘sure’ as an answer.

“I’ll take your bag upstairs noona,” Youngjae approached Hyosung then pulled the bag off of her. Hyosung gladly smiled and mouthed ‘thanks’ as she unpack the stuff she bought and place them at the kitchen counter.

 

Youngjae slowly lifted Hyomin up to her room. He tucked her in comfortably on her bed and handed Hyomin her cute little plushie. He kissed her forehead and headed for Hyosung’s room.

He opened the door and placed the bag on her bed. He stayed there for about more than a minute, just admiring the whole room. His eyes caught a photo frame on the side table.

“I wonder why noona chose to turn her hair back to brown. She looked more beautiful with violet hair…” he muttered as he placed the frame back to its place. “Oh well. I guess life after college does make you change your everything. Including your hair color preference…” he chuckled as he walked backwards to exit the room.

He suddenly bumped the coat hanger that was right next to the door frame, causing a loud thud as it hit the floor and one of the jackets to fall to the floor.

“Hmm? What’s this?” he picked up the jacket but noticed a black envelope that dropped from its pocket.

He picked it up while eyeing it. Youngjae tilted his head as he remembers the same letter, ‘Daehyun got one of these too,’

“YOUNGJAE!” Hyosung suddenly came in, snatching the envelope away from Youngjae as quick as a flash.

Her action made Youngjae jump then he held his chest with wide eyes staring at his cousin, “Geez noona! You scared me!”

“I scared you!? You’re the one that made a noise! Geez Jae! You had me worried!” Hyosung scolded so loud, Youngjae thinks Hyomin would most probably be awake by now.

“UNNIE! YOU SCOLD LIKE MOM! KEEP IT DOWN!” and Youngjae was right.

Hyosung snapped her head back to the door and shouted, “Sorry honey!”

Youngjae kept his attention to the letter.

Hyosung noticed his gaze and waved the letter in front of Youngjae. “By the way, I haven’t read this yet. Don’t read my stuff!”

“Tss. I wasn’t gonna read it!” Youngjae snorted and slapped the letter away from his face. “Are black colored letters the trend these days?”

Hyosung blinked. “What in the world are you talking about?”

Youngjae shook his head and left Hyosung in the room. ‘I don’t know either noona. But I feel something weird going on. How can my best friend and my cousin receive the same identical letter? Dafuq. Why am I stressing over it!? Maybe they’re just the same color… might just be a coincidence,’

 

Back in the room, Hyosung followed Youngjae as he went down the stairs.

When she was sure that Youngjae wasn’t around, she opened the letter.

 

“You have eyes but failed to see…”

“You have ears but failed to hear…”

“You have lips but failed to speak…”

 “You were strong but failed to protect…”

“You have hearts but failed to spare…”

 

She was quiet for a moment. She didn’t have to process what was written. She knew exactly what it meant.

“Tss…” she hissed then dropped the letter in to the paper shredder.

 

 

The three cooked dinner together. They talked and laughed and scolded each other while doing so. It was fun. They enjoyed dinner time like a one true family.

“Unnie, have you opened that letter I gave you?” Hyomin asked out of the blue.

Youngjae’s attention turned to her. “You’re the one that gave noona that black letter?”

“Aniyo,” she shook her head cutely, leaving a smile up Youngjae’s face but a weird feeling about that letter again. “I’m the one who received it and gave it to her,”

“So unnie, have you opened it?” hyomin asked again, this made Youngjae switch his attention to Hyosung.

“Yeah I have. Just a while ago…” she answered casually.

“Who was it from?” hyomin asked excitedly. She has been asking that since yesterday.

Hyosung stopped. She thought for a moment. ‘I didn’t look who sent it,’

“Unnie…?” hyomin anticipated.

“A friend of mine. He wanted to keep a little secret something to make it special,” she smiled brightly at the younger. Youngjae’s eyebrow raised.

“What?” Hyosung noticed his expression.

Youngjae fake smiled. But not the one that can be easily noticed. “Nothing noona,”

‘Secret something? Special? Tss. Sounds too weird to me,’ he thought but of course, the young Hyomin wouldn’t know what he’s thinking.

 

 

------------------

As promised! When my laptop gets fixed, I'll give a 5 chapter update~ :)) Let's start!

BTW, Congratulations EXO for their 1st win! :)) BAP will have their number one soon too... HOPEFULLY XDD