Spreading + Interrogation

The Song Jieun Murder Case

~*~

 

Break time.

Jongup found himself walking through the corridors alone, with everyone’s eyes on him as he made his way to the cafeteria.

He sighed frustratingly as the whispers around him get into his ears. ‘People here just can’t keep their mouths shut,’

For what it seemed like a kilometre before reaching the cafeteria, he finds his hyungs sitting in the middle of the cafeteria, with eyebrows knitted together and seemed to be annoyed.

“Hyung…” he said as he sat next to them.

Youngjae faced him as soon as he did, “Where’s Zelo?”

Jongup shrugged. His action made Daehyun raise an eyebrow. “You don’t know?”

The younger just sighed as he hears some people walk by. He signalled for the two to listen.

 

‘I heard that Choi Junhong from 2-A is a crime suspect!’

‘What!? Isn’t he the son of Detective Choi? That cop is like the best, well… at least that’s what I heard from my dad…’

 

Youngjae’s eyebrows furrowed, Daehyun glued his eyes to the table.

“What the are they talking about!?” Youngjae shouted, snatching the attentions of the people in the cafeteria.

Just then, Sehun walked by their table. He stopped midway from them then faced the three with a familiar smirk he gave off to Jongup this morning.

“Youngjae sunbaenim!” he greeted, but Youngjae glared at him.

“What kind of crap did you spread this time Sehun?” Daehyun asked sternly, making Sehun’s smirk disappear for a second but he slaps a fake smile towards the elder.

“Correction, Daehyun sunbae. But I don’t spread crappy information. I only let the whole student body know what’s going on in the school,” he places his foot on top of the chairs.

“Does Junhong’s personal life involves the school, you head!?” Youngjae growled as he stood up and smash the bottle of cola on the table.

“C’mon hyung! Everyone wants to know about the famous Detective Choi’s son! And Junhong getting arrested is just—“

Jongup cut him off. But not by words. He stood up from his seat and grabbed Sehun by the collar, slightly lifting the slimmer male and not let his words finish.

“Junhong isn’t getting arrested,” Jongup said kind of in an orderly tone.

Sehun smirked, despite his breath getting stuck on his throat, “How would you know Moon? How would you know Junhong really didn’t hurt anyone?”

“Because he’s my friend you lying monkey! I know him better than you, better than any teacher and better than anybody else in the world!” his anger took over as he punches Sehun right on his jaw.

Sehun drops to the floor. Screams from girls and wows from boys filled the whole cafeteria. A whole crowd surrounds them as Sehun stands up to get back at Jongup. He lifts his fist to attack jongup’s cheek and he hits him. Hard.

When it was Jongup who was down, Youngjae and Daehyun stands at the middle of the two.

“Moon Jongup! Stop this! This won’t do any good for the both of you, or for Junhong! So what if they think Junhong is getting arrested!? We are the only ones who know the truth! And if they don’t believe us, so be it! Who cares what they say!?” Youngjae held Jongup by his shoulders and stops him. His words didn’t just hit Jongup. It hit the ones who were talking bad about Junhong for the whole day.

Daehyun calms Sehun down. He didn’t say anything, but he pulls Sehun out of the cafeteria.

 

Sehun struggled to get his arm away from the elder as he was constantly being dragged somewhere. The clinic he guesses. And in just a turn to the left, he figured he was right. He was now sitting in front of the nurse, getting his bleeding lip and bruised jaw treated. As she finishes her work on his face, she goes out of the room and a serious Daehyun comes in.

“What do you want!?” he snarled at him. But Daehyun didn’t budge.

“Stop the -spreading Sehun,” Daehyun’s gaze towards the younger was scary, as Sehun puts it. Daehyun was always the serious type, but this was the first time Sehun ever saw him like this.

“Those weren’t s! It’s true! Ms. Sunhwa already said so in class earlier. Junhong is a suspect at a crime! A murder crime to be exact…” Sehun pulled off a grin, seems to be amused at the thought of Junhong getting in to trouble.

“How did you know it was a murder case?” Daehyun asked, sounding more curious.

“I have my sources sunbae. A janitor was killed last Friday night. Seems like they have proof that Junhong is the killer,” Sehun stated.

“Proof?” Daehyun smirks. “They’re called evidence, you idiot.”

“Who cares? Either way it still has something to do with Junhong getting arrested,” Sehun smirks. “And it will make awesome news, not just in school but in the whole town! Imagine when I cover it, I’ll be famous!”

Daehyun was quiet. His mind flying off somewhere. Sehun catches this then smirk, “Realizing the possibility Daehyun?”

Daehyun raises an eyebrow, “Possibilities? Are there even one!?” he chuckles at sehun’s efforts in self-proclaiming Junhong guilty.

“Don’t put a blind eye hyung. Only a few people know, and those people include you—and me of course—that Junhong has a tendency of being violent. Violent up to the point where—“

“No.” Daehyun said as he makes his way out of the clinic, no plans on turning back to Sehun.

“You can’t deny the truth…” Sehun mutters as he smiles to himself.

 

~*~

 

“It’s funny seeing you here, Junhong…” the first words Sungjong says as Junhong sits in front of him.

“I find you funnier when you’re serious hyung,” Junhong smiles a bit. Still not letting the nervousness in him disappear.

Sungjong gladly offers back a smile, “Hey. It’s still me. But remember to take this seriously…”

Junhong nodded and Sungjong sighs.

He puts down a folder on the desk. He opens it, Junhong’s eyes follows Sungjong’s gesture. He then puts a picture out of the folder and shows it to Junhong.

“Do you know him?” Sungjong asks, his eyes glued to younger’s expression.

“Yes,” he answers immediately. ‘Don’t stutter,’

“How did you know him?”

“On the way home from school. When we walked by the market place, this guy was harassing an old lady. I stood up against him…”

Sungjong nods, Junhong then looks up to him. ‘Don’t avoid eye contact,’

“Can you tell me why your name tag was on his basement floor?” Sungjong follows the question with a serious tone, making Junhong laugh but he keeps it inside.

“He took it from me. When I stood up against him, he called me a brat then snatched the name tag from my uniform,” he answered as he looks at Sungjong. ‘The truth,’

“When was the last time you saw him?” Sungjong follows up.

“That same day I stood up against him. When he punched me in the face, people gathered around then I didn’t saw him,”

“When was that?”

“Friday.”

Sungjong looks in to the folder for quite a while. The silence was unbearable for Junhong. He wants to get out of the room. The place is making him anxious.

“Hyung…” he called and Sungjong faces him. “What?”

“Why am I a suspect?” he asked and kinda took Sungjong by surprise.

“Y-your name tag. It was on his basement floor,” he answers kinda weird. But Junhong doesn’t mind it. Who was he to tell someone’s lying?

 

~*~

 

“This was found in between the victim’s tied up hands,” Hana placed a note on top of the detective’s table. The note was inside a plastic bag considering it was evidence.

“Take this as a sample and prepare. You ignored her cries for help and wails of pain, now you will feel the shame?” The detective read the note.

“Have you done a finger print scan?” he asked and Hana nodded then swallowed.

“We did. But the finger print belonged to the victim,” she informed as she looks at the detective who looks stressed at the information.

“What about the time of death?” he asked, his eyes still glued to the note.

“Around 11 pm,” she informed then the detective nodded.

“She…” the detective muttered.

“Come again, sir?” Hana furrowed her eyebrows.

“It’s revenge. Lee Byunghun just so happens to be the example for his next murders,” the detective’s eyebrows were furrowed as he turns on his swivel chair.

“Next murders?” Hana asked. “You mean there will be another one?”

“Another more…” the detective’s phone rings and he picks it up.

Hana then leaves the room. ‘More victims…’

 

 

“What did you told him?” the detective asked anxiously, afraid of the question.

“I told him because of his name tag…” Sungjong answered then shrugged. “That’s what you told me to say when he starts to ask. I was taken aback when he suddenly asked out of blue, but gladly I remembered what you told me…”

Detective Choi hung up on Sungjong and sighed. ‘One reason is enough…’

 

 

 

------------------------------

5 chapters are up! XDD Bye~ 

Don't forget to comment :))