Move out

The Song Jieun Murder Case

“Sunhwa? What are you doing here?” Hyosung opened the door wider for Sunhwa to enter.

“I need a break…” she said as she tosses herself to the couch. Her face unusually swollen but her voice was typically calm.

“A break!?” Hyosung huffed. “Sunhwa, you’re a high school professor. There’s at least 5 more months before summer comes. You have no time for a break…”

“I just need to be away for a while okay? Just let me stay here…” she lied down the couch and used her bag as a pillow. She lifts her arm to her eyes, an action Hyosung found a bit odd. Being friends with her for a long time made Hyosung memorize every bit of her habits, including her sleeping habits.

“What about your job? You can’t just leave. I heard the student’s are having an exam this week.” She informed as she made her way next to Sunhwa, trying to take a peek of her face but no avail.

“I already printed the exam papers. They’ll know what to do. Mind making a call to the school head and say that I’m sick?” she looked at Hyosung with those sickening pleading eyes that she usually uses on her so called friend. It gave Hyosung a glimpse of those swollen eyes, an eyebrow quickly raised at her expression.

Hyosung just sighed. As if she had a choice anyway. Even though she looks like she’s pleading, it’s not a request. It’s an order.

“Hyomin-ah! Get some soft pillows and an extra blanket please! Get it down here in the living room…” she called out and the younger complied.

 

 

“How long do you plan to take this break of yours?” Hyosung asked, eyeing Sunhwa as she lazily chews down her breakfast.

“Soon. It won’t be that long. Just...” she trailed off, putting another spoon of her breakfast into .

Hyosung stared at her before giving off a sigh.

“What are you getting stressed about Hyosung? It’s me that’s leaving my work, not you.” Sunhwa rolled her eyes.

Hyosung clenched her jaw, taking time before letting an answer escape her lips and keeping her temper. “Can’t you see I’m worried?”

“Then don’t be. I’ll give you something for letting me stay here…” Sunhwa stood up, making her way to Hyosung’s bathroom.

Hyosung clenched her mug of coffee, ‘She is so unpredictable. I could’ve seen this coming…’

 

~*~

“Do you know where she moved?” Officer Hana asked the land lady.

“I’m sorry, but she didn’t mention anything. She just left with her baggage without saying a word.” The old woman answered.

Hana nodded as she wrote down the details.

“You know if I were you, I’d just let her be…” she mentioned, making Hana raise an eyebrow.

“I think her boyfriend broke up with her. She just needs some space. Just let her be…” the old woman waved off, leaving Hana blinking in confusion.

 

“Hey Sungjong…” she greeted as soon as the latter picked up.

“Need anything noona?” he said in a morning voice.

“I talked to the ajumma that owns Han Sunhwa’s apartment flat. She mentioned something—“

“Wait, what are you doing at Ms. Han’s apartment?” Sungjong cut her off. His voice mixed with confusion and surprised.

“Keeping an eye on her. What?” she asked, puzzled at the younger’s expression.

“I didn’t know we were tasked to do so…” Sungjong muttered, scratching his head at his mistake.

Hana just sighed. “Anyway… back to the point. I talked to that ajumma since I didn’t see Sunhwa get out of that apartment for 2 days now. She said that Sunhwa was ‘heart-broken’ and that she ‘needed space’. But the weird thing is, I don’t remember Han Sunhwa being in a relationship…”

Sungjong paused for a moment. Hana could hear the sound of the keyboard and a clicking sound of the mouse. In a few seconds, Sungjong answered.

“According to recent files, she isn’t in a relationship. It’s been quite a while by the way. 5 years? Yeah, 5 years.”

“Is there a possibility that we missed that information?” Hana asked.

“There’s a statistically less than 20% of that information being wrong. But I doubt it being mistaken though. Why?” he asked.

“Nothing.” She soon hung up on him. “Heart broken? Tch.”

 

~*~

 

 

My laptop is yet again broken. I'M SO SORRY. I have no idea how seldom I will update TT^TT Comment-jusaeyo~