How To Lie

The Song Jieun Murder Case

~*~

 

Woosik held his son’s shoulders and looked him in the eyes.

“You didn’t do anything. Relax…” Junhong just nodded but hot tears were taunting to pour from his eyes.

They were in front of the interrogation room already. Junhong is next to be interrogated by Sungjong and was still shaking in fear and nervousness.

“Zelo… look at me,” Junhong complied.

Woosik could feel the guilt flowing in him as a tear finally goes down Junhong’s cheek. He wiped it off and cupped his son’s face.

“Listen. There are things that you should know when your Sungjong hyung starts asking questions,” he said but Junhong didn’t respond. But he still continued on.

“Don’t stutter,” Junhong looked at his father with a weird look.

“Don’t avoid eye contact,” he continued on. Now, Junhong is listening.

“And lastly…” Junhong stared at his father. ‘He’s teaching me how to lie?’

“Sprinkle in some of the truth,” he tapped Zelo’s head then turned him to the door.

Hana comes out of the interrogation room, colliding with Junhong as she did.

“Hey…” she greeted and Junhong bowed slightly, “Hi noona,”

Hana found him a bit off, ‘He was shaking in nervousness just a minute ago… and now he looks… confident?’

As the thought got to her, her eyes found Detective Choi just seemingly staring at the interrogation room with concern written all over his face.

She sighed then approached him.

“Sir, the forensics has sent some information about the body,” she informed but the detective still had his eyes in the room, constantly not leaving the sight of his son sitting right across from Sungjong.

“Shouldn’t you check it out?” she asked and waited for a while before the detective turned to her.

“Send it over to my office,” he ordered but Hana didn’t move.

“You shouldn’t be watching sir,” she said, making the detective raise an eyebrow.

“It will just hurt you, seeing him answer to critical question and seeing him get hurt by the accusations…” she said them without looking back at the detective.

Woosik nodded. Hana is right. But something in him wants to stay… not because he wants to see Junhong getting hurt by words, but because he wants to listen. Listen to the answers Junhong will give out. He wants to prove to himself that Junhong really didn’t hurt anyone. Because, only a father can know the truth behind his kid’s lie.

But he shrugged the thought away, ‘I shouldn’t worry. Junhong wouldn’t lie, he didn’t hurt anyone,’

“Let’s get back to the office,” he walked on, leaving Hana still looking through the glass window to the room.

‘What a waste of time,’ she thought then followed the detective.

 

 

---------------------------------------------

This one is a little short... Sorry! I wanna give this a bit of emphasis. Read carefully~