So by the time you think of what to do... IT'S TOO LATE

The Song Jieun Murder Case

~*~

 

Detective Choi barged into the apartment with a frown on his face. Sungjong was trailing right behind him, huffing in exhaustion due to the rush. The land lady approached him immediately, scared as to what commotion the detective might bring.

“Can I help you sir?”

Sungjong answered. “Police work ma’am. We need to see Ms. Han Sunhwa’s apartment flat…”

The old woman complied and showed them the flat. With her spare key, they entered the flat immediately and the detective came in, leaving the old woman and Sungjong at the doorstep.

The detective looked around, seeing the mess on the floor made him surer of what he was thinking.

“When did she left?” Sungjong asked the old lady.

“About three days ago.” The land lady answered nervously. “What is it with Sunhwa? Look, officers, she’s a very sweet girl! I don’t know why you keep asking about her…”

Sungjong’s eyebrows met. ‘Keep asking? But I only asked once…’

“She’s in trouble….” The detective murmured, grabbing Sungjong’s attention.

“What do you mean sir!?” he approached the detective who was kneeling in front of the furniture. He eyed the piece of paper on the detective’s hand.

“You saved the life of your friend but you just let someone else’s life end…”

“Oh no…” he whispered then the detective stood up.

“Find anything that can help us find her!” he ordered and rampaged through the whole room, leaving Sungjong confused on what to do.

As a rookie officer, there’s only one thing he knows to do. Ask.

~*~

 

‘She gets killed.

Someone uploads the video but deletes it after 24 hours.

Video becomes a hit.

The case was never done.

A few months later, people forgot everything.

 

After 5 years, the video comes back.

But it’s not meant for the public to see.

It’s a warning for those that are in it…’

 

The person stares at the detective from the window of his own room. His eyes follows the detective’s every move, judging his actions as he tries to search for something to serve as a clue.

“You’re pretty slow for a detective…” he comments.

A frown slowly forms on his lips. “You’re still the same guy 5 years ago. Stares before doing something. So by the time you think of what to do… it’s too late.”

He closes his window then walks off, putting on that baseball cap and black hoodie.

 

~*~

 

Woosik was literally rampaging over everything in Sunhwa’s room.

He searched on her desk, under her bed and even inside the bathroom. But still, he can’t seem to find that one thing that he feels that can help him.

“Do you know anyone she might be with?” Sungjong’s voice was eerie from the detective’s hearing. He was more focused with his eyes than what was happening outside the room.

“She has a friend. She comes here every weekend. I think her name was… Hyosung?” the detective’s eyes grew wide. Something in him said that’s what his looking for.

“That’s it…” his head spun around, quickly spotting a photo on the wall.

Two girls, the one evidently being Sunhwa was smiling brightly but the short haired one just had a sly grin on her lips.

His eyes shifted to the other photos pinned on the wall. He scans every photo…

Until he reaches the last one.

The photo was old, like it was hanging there for more than a year or two.

A younger looking Sunhwa with brown hair but no bangs. And the other having long bright violet hair that smiled more brightly than her recent photo with Sunhwa.

Then that’s it.

She’s the clue.

“Search for that Hyosung girl now! We need to get there and find Sunhwa!” he ordered as he paces out of the apartment and into the car with Sungjong right behind him.

Sungjong pulls off his iPad and does as he was told.

“Her home is a 20 minute ride from here sir.” He informed and looked back at the detective.

“Good. Call Hana and tell her to go there.” With that, they drove off.

 

-------------------------------

Exams next week so I better update as much as I can =3= My mom warned me not to open my laptop during the whole exam week -___-" WHAT A TORTURE.

 

COMMENT-JUSAEYO~