The Start

The Song Jieun Murder Case

“Last five minutes…” Junhong clutched his hair in frustration; Jongup frowned at his paper while Sehun smirked as he stood up and passed his own.

After a few minutes, Jongup stood up and passed his. After reaching for his bag, he tapped Junhong on the shoulder.

“Hey man, I gotta go. I’ll see you outside?” Junhong gave a nod and the latter waved off and left the room.

Complete five minute after, the ones left in the room were forced to pass their papers. Junhong was the last one to leave the room.

“Stupid test. I don’t even remember Professor Han giving a review on that…” he muttered as he walked through the corridors.

“How can you remember if you were always out of mind when she teaches?” a voice said, making Junhong look back as to who it was.

Sehun was standing by the lockers with a sly grin on his lips. His presence made Junhong immediately frown.

“What do you want Sehun!? You already made a criminal out of me…” he said through gritted teeth.

For the past few days, Junhong was differently popular. Popular in terms of being called a ‘criminal’ by the whole student body. Those in the higher years would give him a look while the usual group of girls that like him couldn’t even look at him anymore. To make it worse, every time he walks through the corridors, there would always be a group of students talking about him. And all of those get worse every passing day…

I made you a criminal? Tch. I didn’t do that, you did…” he smirked, making Junhong’s blood boil.

“Shut up Oh Sehun. Aren’t you satisfied yet!?” he said loudly, the sound of his voice echoing through the hall.

“Satisfied? Maybe not yet. I’d be happy when you get really arrested…” Sehun’s grin grew wider as he said his words, seeing how angry Junhong was.

Junhong huffed. “Too bad I wasn’t…”

He walked off, leaving Sehun behind with a smirk forming on his lips. “I wouldn’t be so sure just yet, Choi Junhong…”

 

~*~

 

“Going somewhere, Youngjae?” Daehyun asked, seeing Youngjae struggle with stuffing clothes into a small bag.

Youngjae stopped and looked back at him. “Yeah. I’m going to noona’s.”

“But the exam isn’t over yet,” Daehyun said. “An emergency?”

“Kinda. Not really. Hyomin called and she’s crying. I don’t know why though…” Youngjae continued stuffing his bag.

“Alright then. I guess I gotta make dinner for myself,” Daehyun grinned and helped his friend pack.

 

“Please don’t burn the dorm?” Youngjae joked then left Daehyun waving at him.

As he was walking to the subway, his phone rang.

“Hyomin?” he guessed as a sob came out of the other line.

“OPPA! Where are you!? I don’t like it here!” she sobbed loudly, making Youngjae pity the little kid.

“I’ll be there in a few minutes. I can’t just fly you know…” he reasoned.

“I wish you could…” she sniffed, leaving Youngjae stifle a chuckle at her cuteness.

“I’ll try baby. Just wait for me okay?” Youngjae assured her then entered the train.

 

~*~

 

Daehyun closed the door behind him and headed for his desk. He pulled the drawer and he took a moment before grabbing the book.

As he took it in his hands, he stared at it for a few more moments. He eyed the name of Choi Junhong well-written on the side of the book. Then his eyes shifted to the black letter inserted in between the thick pages.

“Why do you have this, Zelo?” he absent-mindedly asked. “You weren’t there…”

In between his thoughts, his phone rang.

“Hyung?” junhong’s voice came out.

“Oh, Junhong-ah. What is it?” his tone was a bit surprised, to think that he was thinking about Junhong just a while ago. ‘Perfect timing…’

“I have something to ask, if you don’t mind of course…” his voice was hesitant, making Daehyun raise an eyebrow.

“Go for it…” he reassured.

“Do you have my physics book?” he asked quickly. “I haven’t read word on that subject…”

Daehyun’s eyes shifted to the book. “Yeah. I have it…”

“Great. I’ll go get it. I’ll be there in a few minutes…” he hung up, leaving Daehyun staring at the book.

He sighed. “There’s no better way to know than to ask…”

 

~*~

 

Detective Choi sat upright on his chair. His eyes focused on the screen of his computer with his eyebrows knitted together.

“Unni! Help me!” he shut his eyes as he hears the cry of the girl.

He was watching the video yet again. Something about it was telling him that there’s a clue hidden in it. If there wasn’t any, why would it be uploaded anyway?

His eyes were focused, not leaving any detail behind.

“STAY OUT OF THIS!” the yell of the man made Woosik clench his fist and his eyes were filled in fury, as if he was ready to shoot daggers through the screen.

“Detective,” Woosik jumped on his seat at the sound of Hana’s stern voice.

“Yes?” he cleared his throat after pausing the video.

He waited for Hana to speak but the young officer just stared back at him with an indescribable look.

“Officer Jung? What is it?” he called again.

Hana breathed before talking, “We received information about Ms. Han Sunhwa. She moved out of her apartment three days ago…”

The detective nodded. “Found any reasons?”

“Her land lady said her boyfriend broke up with her…”

“That’s not reasonable enough to make her move…” the detective stood up and grabbed his coat, leaving Hana with the same expression as earlier.

She looked back. Seeing that no one was around, she approached the detective’s desk and stared at the paused video on the screen.

Two girls were shown, crying with fear on their faces. The short one with violet strands of hair had her back at the camera. But the tall one with long brown locks had her face clear on the screen. Hana stared at it for a moment, then her eyebrows knitted together.

“Han Sunhwa…”

 

-------------------------------------

I'm back earlier than expected XDD I couldn't resist not updating~ I know I have to study, but hey... you guys waited long. And my subs are increasing in number >__< That's supposed to be a good thing but it just gives me pressure XDD

 

COMMENT-JUSAEYO~ ^___^V