Zelo Has One Too?

The Song Jieun Murder Case

~*~

 

“Bye Oppa!” hyomin waved to Youngjae as he got out of the door.

“Careful on your way home!” Hyosung shouted to him, smiling even when he’s out of sight.

 

Youngjae walked to the train station and texted Daehyun, ‘I’ll be home now. Prepare something for me best friend!’

He tries his best to keep his mind away from the letter he saw. Considering his best friend and cousin have the same letter, his mind keeps playing weird possibilities as to why they would have the same.

In a minute, Daehyun texted back, ‘Why so early? I thought you’d be home tonight?’

‘Don’t want me to be home? Ouch. Wait, are you hiding something!? YAH DID YOU BROUGHT A GIRL INTO THE DORM!?’ he laughed at his reply.

‘Pabo! Just get home. The guys didn’t stay for reviewing yesterday. They don’t seem to trust me. Should I call them back?’

‘Sure. I haven’t reviewed yet either,’ Youngjae sent the text then got in the train.

 

 

‘Youngjae’s gonna be home today. Have you reviewed yet?’ Jongup saw the text and quickly replied, ‘Just a bit. I’ll be there in a minute or two hyung,’

He packed his books and notes into his bag and slid on some shoes. He didn’t bother to look in the mirror and just went out with his dog tied up from his hand.

“I’m gonna have to give you to Himchan hyung Pikachu. I gotta study,” he said as he pets his puppy’s head.

The dog barks, as if understanding. Jongup chuckled at his little friend as they walk to the pet shop.

“Himchan hyung~” Jongup sang as he entered the shop with his pet in his arms.

“What!?” Himchan answered irritably. His eyes glued to the screen of the TV.

“I’m gonna leave Pikachu with you today again hyung…” Jongup said in a low tone. His eyes also getting glued to the screen, “I didn’t know the Yankees had a game today,”

“It’s just a friendly match. It’s not really a game, so it wasn’t really announced,” Himchan answered without even looking back at Jongup.

“So… how come you know?” Jongup asked, turning his gaze to Himchan.

“I’m a diehard fan of baseball, of course I know every game they have!” Himchan said proudly, now turning to finally face the younger. “Now where’s your little rascal?”

“Here,” he handed Pikachu to the elder and smiled. “I haven’t feed him yet. I hope you don’t mind,”

“Tss. And you call yourself a responsible owner!?” Himchan joked then took Pikachu.

“Hehe, sorry hyung. I gotta study for the exam next week,” Jongup said and pet Pikachu’s head one last time then exited out.

 

 

“Hyung I’m here!” Jongup shouted as he got in to their hyung’s dorm.

“Hey Junhong!” he slapped Junhong’s shoulder hard, making the younger hold his abused shoulder and wail at Jongup. “What is your problem Jongup! That hurt!”

“So… what happened last night?” Jongup asked carefully. His head lowering to look at Junhong’s face who had his face looking at his shoulder, as he sit next to him.

 “Nothing. Dad didn’t come home last night,” Junhong said without looking at Jongup.

“Ahh. Then what about your name tag? Have you gotten it back?” Jongup asked as he snatches some chocolate candy from the bowl on the table.

“No but—“

“Where did your name tag went to?” Youngjae suddenly came into the dorm with bags of groceries in hand.

“Hyung!” the two said loudly as they approach him and take the bags from him.

“Ooh! Chocolates!” Junhong’s eyes sparkled at the sight of the sweet treat.

“This is why I love studying with you hyung!” Jongup nudged Youngjae by the elbow and the elder just smiled and ruffled the boy’s hair. “So, where’s Daehyun? I asked him to cook something before we start,”

“He’s in his room. He said he was gonna clean his room before we start,” Junhong answered as he starts to take out the chocolate candies from the wrapper and place it in a bowl.

“His room? But don’t we study in the living room? Why bother?” Jongup asked as he helped the maknae unpack the treats while eating some of it at the process.

Youngjae’s eyes furrowed, ‘Cleaning? What kind of spirit got into him to clean our room?’

“I’ll go check up on him,” he said as he already made his way to their shared room. The other two just nodded and continued to munch down the chocolates.

 

Youngjae attempts to grab hold of the knob, but the door already flies open.

“Youngjae! You’re here already? I haven’t cook—“

“Already figured that out Dae. You cleaned the room?” Youngjae cut him off then asked but he was already pushing Daehyun out of the way.

“Yeah I did. What are you gonna do in there?” Daehyun asked in a casual tone.

“Change clothes,” Youngjae said in monotone. “You talk like you don’t want me to get in our room,”

“H-huh? What are you talking about? Why would I want that?” Daehyun asked with wide eyes, youngjae’s words sent confusion in his head. “You’re probably just starving,”

“I guess. Go and cook some!” Youngjae pushed Daehyun away from the door and locked it.

Daehyun stared at the locked door. “What’s his problem?”

 

Right when Youngjae got out of the room, the four boys started studying.

 

“What’s next?” Jongup asked as he dropped his History book down the floor. They have been studying for the last 3 hours, and the thought of studying for the next 2 more subjects is making him fuzzy.

“Physics…” Youngjae said as he got up from his seat.

“Let’s have dinner first. I’m starving!” he walked to the kitchen, Daehyun followed suit to help him prepare.

 

As the two youngest were left in the room, the two hyungs prepared dinner in awkward silence. Usually when this kind of atmosphere surrounds the two, Youngjae would be the first to react since Daehyun is the quiet one. But today, something was bugging Youngjae.

“Jae…” Daehyun nudged him, making Youngjae flitch and Daehyun more curious and worried.

“Are you okay man? You seem a little… off. You don’t seem to be focusing on the reviewing either,” Daehyun asked and the latter slowly tore his gaze from the plates to Daehyun.

“You’re… not hiding something… really important from me, right?” Youngjae asked carefully as it slowly processes on Daehyun’s mind.

Daehyun’s eyebrows furrowed, “Not that I know. Why would I try to keep something from you!?” he laughed out loud but youngjae’s face was still serious as he turns back to the plates.

“Hey best friend…” Daehyun gave him a back hug as he notices Youngjae’s seriousness. “I will not keep anything from you! I never have and I never will!”

“You sure?” Youngjae sounded a bit disappointed. “Not even a secret affair you have?”

Daehyun’s eyes bulged out. “What in the world are you talking about!?”

“WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GUYS DOING!?” Junhong and Jongup screamed at the sight of Daehyun hugging Youngjae from behind.

Daehyun immediately tore away from Youngjae and faced the two boys with shocked expressions that made their eyes fly out of their sockets.

“Consoling my best friend,” he eyed Youngjae who was now smiling at the boys, but the kind of smile just to keep the others from worrying too much.

“Let’s eat!” Youngjae said happily. The two boys just sat down and didn’t mind what they saw, since the delicious aroma of the food in front of them is too mesmerizing.

While eating, Jongup and Junhong just kept arguing about what they have learned so far. Youngjae would eventually correct the two when something gets out of hand.

Daehyun couldn’t help but shook his head at the sight of Youngjae, ‘Even when his mind seems a bit off, he still remembers what we reviewed. You’re amazing as always, Yoo Youngjae,’

 

After dinner, the two youngest settled back to the living room, leaving the hyungs to wash the dishes first.

As the two boys left the both of them, youngjae’s serious aura came back. Daehyun sighed heavily. He can’t take to see Youngjae be all this serious and somehow mad.

“Yoo Youngjae! What in the world is wrong with you!?” Daehyun whispered shouted, he can’t let the two other boys know that something is wrong with Youngjae.

Youngjae didn’t look back at him. “Black letter. Ring a bell?”

Daehyun was taken aback. His eyes wide as he stare at Youngjae who was dead serious, “H-how—“

“Hyosung noona had one too. She wouldn’t let me read it. She also mentioned it was from a friend that just wanted things to be special that’s why the letter was black. What’s funny is that you received a letter like that too. Coincidence?” he faced Daehyun with a are-you-ing-with-me look. “Are you and Hyosung noona having some kind of relationship behind my back!?”

Daehyun stared at him then, “Pfft… AHAHAHA!”

Youngjae blinked at his reaction, but was replaced with annoyance, “What’s so funny!?”

“YOU! AHAHA!” Daehyun held his stomach while laughing so loud, catching the two boys’ attention from the living room.

Youngjae just stared at him with annoyance as the two boys rush over to know what’s happening.

“You.. ahaha… think… I’m in a relationship with her!?” Daehyun followed another laugh, making the two boys raise an eyebrow.

“With who?” the boys asked, turning to Youngjae.

“His cousin!” Daehyun answered as he calmed himself down. “Dude, you’re like my brother. And if you’re my brother, that means Hyosung is like my cousin! Chill Jae,”

Youngjae heaved a sigh of relief and embarrassment, “Sorry…”

“Tss,” the two boys walked back to the living room.

“Just because we received the same black letter, doesn’t mean we sent it to each other,” Daehyun stated, making Jongup’s ears perk up. But he still continued to walk back to the living room.

Youngjae sighed again, “You’re right. I guess black letters really are the trend these days,”

Daehyun nodded slowly then smiled, ‘Not really what I meant, but at least it’ll keep you away from worrying too much,’

Another thought bare on his mind as he did the last set of dishes, ‘His cousin received a black letter too,’

 

 

“What is made up of iron, nickel and cobalt?” Daehyun asked in monotone.

He looked over to the two who was supposed to be answering within 5 seconds. Supposed to be.

Daehyun nudged Youngjae. The latter eyed the two who had their eyes closed and heads drooped down in drowsiness.

“Okay… let’s just do this tomorrow after class,” Youngjae stood up, waking the two as he did.

“H-huh?” Jongup raised his head and scratched his eye. “We can go home now?”

Daehyun nodded. “Wake that giant up. Its 8pm, you’re probably on the missing person’s list by now,” he chuckled.

“Tss. Not a chance,” Jongup hissed as he elbowed Junhong to wake up.

 

As Junhong woke up, they slid in all their books and notes back to their bag lousily, not caring whether they were crumpled or cut. They both want to get home.

“We’ll see you guys tomorrow. Get some rest first,” Youngjae bid them good bye at the door as Daehyun cleaned the living room out of the mass of paper on the floor.

“Oh, isn’t this Junhong’s?” Daehyun raised a book he found under the couch.

“It is. Just give it back to him tomorrow,” Youngjae waved it away then yawned. He made his way to the kitchen leaving Daehyun staring at the book.

Daehyun shrugged and headed for the room first.

 

As he came in, he tossed the book unto his bed. He headed for the shower, but something caught his eye in the dim lighted room.

He walked back to his bed, reaching over the book he just tossed.

A pointy edge was sticking out of pages of the book.

 

Daehyun hesitantly took it out of the pages.

 

“A black letter…?” daehyun’s eyes widened and his mouth slightly opened. “Zelo has one too?”