Intruder

The Song Jieun Murder Case

~*~

Hana’s steps were getting quieter as she nears her destination and so is Junhong’s.

 

Suddenly, she stops.

Junhong hides behind an alley, careful not to make a noise.

Hana turns her head around, feeling her surroundings. Something in her was saying that someone’s watching her. She pulls off a gun from her belt, just in case.

She walks on, hearing only her own step. When she reaches the corner, she pulls off her radio.

“Sungjong? Come in Sungjong.”

“Noona? Are you there yet?”

“Yeah. Just have to turn on the next corner. Where are you guys?”

“The detective is on his way there.”

“What? What about you? Aren’t you guys on the same car?”

“Something came up. He went there on his own. He’s probably there—“

Hana hung up. Her eyes caught a figure on side of one of the houses.

Again, she stopped walking. Causing Junhong behind her to stop too, his eyes only glued unto her.

She eyed the house then she realized. “It’s Hyosung’s house.”

 

 

 

Sunhwa throws the remote unto the coffee table.

“When is Hyomin coming? I’ve been waiting for those cherries for more than two hours!” she yawned then stood up.

“I’ll go check on her.” Hyosung suggested, grabbing her jacket and getting ready to get out of the house.

“Wake me when you get back.” Sunhwa makes her way upstairs, the same time he makes his way up to her room.

 

 

A figure climbs through the unlocked window. He opens it swiftly, without any sound. The moonlight comes in, enlightening the small room along with the cold air.

“It’s time.” He smiled to himself as he waits for something.

A soft click.

That’s his cue.

It means Sunhwa is right across the room. Lying on the bed, her eyes closed. Not minding what’s happening around her, as long as she’s sleeping.

That’s how she was before, not minding anyone else but herself even if someone is about to die.

The memory struck his mind again, making him angrier and more determined in what he’s planning to do.

He starts to walk quietly out of the room, not turning his eyes off the door in front of him.

As he stands there, excitement fills his emotions and he grins.

He turns the knob swiftly and opens the door, letting a small hint of light into the room. The light illuminates Sunhwa’s sleeping figure. A blanket over her face, leaving only her closed eyes.

He steps into the room, walking slowly while staring at Sunhwa.

When he was only a step away from the bed, Sunhwa stirs awake.

“Hyosung? You’re back already?” she’s still half asleep.

“No. Get back to sleep Sunhwa. And don’t even bother to wake up.”

Sunhwa’s senses awakened but it was too late. The guy climbs on top of her and tackles her. He pins her to the bed and Sunhwa lets out a scream.

“Who the hell are you?!” she cries while struggling under him.

“I’m Jieun. Song Jieun.” He smirks as he pulls off something shiny from his pocket.

 

 

 

Hyosung rushes out to the street, hoping to find Hyomin. Suddenly, she notices a girl making her way to the back of her house.

“HEY!” she shouted and the girl stopped. “What do you think you’re doing?! That’s trespassing!”

Hyosung went up to her and was faced with the girl’s badge. “I’m Officer Jung Hana. I’m here for Ms. Han Sunhwa.”

Hyosung’s face showed confusion. “For Sunhwa? Since when did my friend got involved with the police?”

‘Friend? This must be the Hyosung girl.’ Hana thought and dropped her badge. “Are you Jeon Hyosung?”

Hyosung nodded. “Why were you trespassing? You could’ve just knocked on my door.”

“I saw a figure climbing unto one of the rooms.” Hana pointed to one of the windows in her house.

Hyosung’s eyes went wide for a moment but it changed immediately. “It’s probably just my sister.”

Hana raised her eyebrow. “Sister? Why would your sister climb up to the second floor?”

“She’s not in good terms with Sunhwa.” Hyosung’s face was unusually calm.

“And so are you.” Hana shoved Hyosung out of her way and ran to her house.

“HEY!” Hyosung caught up with her.

 

 

Junhong gets out of the bush. “Sunhwa? As in Professor Han Sunhwa?”

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------

Comment-jusaeyo~