to his surprise

When Music Makes Us One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’ll be right back.” Mrs. Jung said and left Krystal and Kai in the living room. The rain hasn’t stopped yet and kept on pouring down. Kai was drenched, so Mrs. Jung offered him to stay until the rain stops. It had been years since Kai visited here, for her. It had been oh so long that she hadn’t seen this boy. When she returned to the living room with a tray containing two soups, she immediately decided to leave the two for some privacy; she feels something important that only the two should talk about.

“I’ll leave you two here for a moment, I have some important paper work to finish.” She said and left. Krystal looked desperate; she doesn’t want to be left alone right now. The awkward silence was really tense. Kai was staring at the ground while Krystal was secretly staring at him. Krystal decided to eat her soup. She takes a spoon and starts sipping, but there was another bowl that wasn’t taken yet.

“Uhm, you should eat.” She said. Kai got startled when he heard her offer. When he looked at her, he caught her staring at him. She then looked away and continued with her soup. He smiled.

“Thanks.” He said and took the bowl from the tray.

 

The silence came back when the two finished eating. Krystal kept playing with her fingers while Kai was staring at her. Then he remembered his reason for coming over.

“Uhm.” She looks at him. Kai took what looks to be his school jacket that was wrapped around Krystal’s violin case on the ground. He takes away his wet jacket and gave back Krystal’s violin case.

“You forgot this.” He said and gently gave back her belonging.

Krystal was speechless. The boy she really despises in her whole entire life is not returning back her precious violin. She wanted to tear up, but she had to stay strong. Kai was giving her a small smile as well, making her heart pump faster.

She takes the violin case from his hands, with shaking, and stares with eatery eyes.

“Thank you.” She said silently and Kai could only smile and nod. When she unlocked the case, she observes the violin to be in perfectly good shape. He must have really protected it from the rain. She locks it back and stares at Kai who was still smiling at her.

“Well, I should really get going.” He stood up with his bag and wet jacket and was ready to leave until Krystal stopped him.

“Wait!” she said and held his hands. Krystal didn’t know what she was doing. Kai turned around and gave her a questioned look.

“I... uhm… the rain hasn’t stop yet. You’ll get sick.” She said. It was real, what she said was genuine. Kai scoffed and fully turned around to face her.

“Since when did you care?” he asked teasingly and patted her head. It hurts seeing him act that way. She really meant it and yet he only finds it a joke.

“Anyways, I’ll be fine. The rain’s not heavy anymore, so I’ll just get going. Thanks for the soup by the way. Tell auntie that as well.” He said and hurriedly opened the door and went out.

When the door closed, Krystal sleeved a big sigh before going back to the living room and slops herself to the couch.

 

Kai was leaning against her house door and was cursing himself for behaving so bad in front of her. Why did he just do that? Along coming here earlier, he planned on telling her that he decided on a piece and asked her if they could practice for real tomorrow. But then he let the best out of him beat him, again.

The rain continued to pour and pour. Maybe waiting a bit more inside wasn’t such a bad idea, he thought. He took a deep sigh and ran out the gate as fast as he can to his house.

He thinks he won’t get sick, only people with weak immune system get ill.

 

But he was wrong.

 

The next morning…

“Hyo – hachoo!” Kai coughed loudly once more when calling his sister downstairs.

“I’m here! I’m here!” Hyoyeon came in his bedroom with a bowl of hot soup on her hands. She places it at Kai’s bedside table and takes out the thermometer from his mouth.

“Oh my god Jongin! This is what you get for coming home under the rain!” she said and gave him the bowl of soup. Kai sloppily takes it from her hands and started eating it. Hyoyeon seigh seeing how weak her brother was.

“Why did you come home so late yesterday, huh? Where did you go?” she asked. Jongin choke will sipping his soup. Hyoyeon patted his back for help.

“I was… uh… doing homework at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter