childhood memoir; howl's moving castle duet

When Music Makes Us One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jongin! Catch me if you can!” the 10 year old Krystal Jung yells at her tan best friend, Kim Jongin as the two enjoy their daily game of tag.

“Okay! Here I come Soojung!” he yells back and does an attempt to catch his best friend but apparently, the girl was much  faster than him.

“Huh! Is that all you got Jongin?” she teases the boy and playfully places her hands on her hips. Jongin, who was panting, looks up and gave her a childish smirk. And she knows what that means.

Jongin rushed towards her and grabs her by the waist before she could turn around and retreat.

“Gotcha!” he remarked and tightens his arms around her.

“Yah! That was unfair!” she replied while wiggling herself out of his arms

“No it wasn’t! I’m just faster than you!” he lets go of her and plays with her pale cheeks. In response, Krystal could only pout in which Jongin chuckled at.

 

“Kids! Snacks are ready!” a lady in her 30’s announced while holding up a tray of delicious snacks and mango juice.

“Come on! I’ll race you there.” Said Jongin as an attempt to make her smile again. That smile that always brighten his day.

“Okay!” she replied happily

“Okay. On the count of three. One… two…” but before saying the word three. Krystal has already sprinted to the finish line.

“Hey!” he out cries and hurriedly runs after her. But alas, little Krystal won this time.

“Yah! That was cheating!” he said while panting again. Krystal who was too happy after winning, just gave him a warm-hearted smile. Jongin, unknowingly, blushes madly.

 

“Okay kids. You better eat up before I take this away.” Said the lady as she places the tray full of goodies on the table.

“Neh!” the two youngsters then took a seat opposite from each other than started munching down the Nutella spread bread and drank up their mango juices.

“Thank you for this mommy!” Krystal said without even looking at her mom for she was too busy devouring her food, leaving chocolate all over her lower face.

“Yeah! Thank you auntie!” Jongin thanked as well. Mrs. Jung could only smile at the two before responding.

“You’re welcome my little munchkins.” She said with a smile on her face.

Suddenly, the door bell rang. Jongin and Krystal were startled at first but seeing Mrs. Jung calm smile, they calmed and continued eating.

“Stay here kids. I’ll go and check who’s at the door.” She said and slowly left

 

“You’ve got something on you.” Jongin told Krystal when he noticed a chocolate under her lip.

“Where?” she innocently asked

“Here. On your lip.” He said and pointed his finger at his bottom lip. Krystal tries to erase the stain but wasn’t able to cause she can’t see where it was. Jongin rolled his eyes and came forward to her.

“Let me do it.” He said and gently held her chin up and erased the sweet from where it was.

“There.” He said. Krystal then flashed a smile on him and the youn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter