Ch 9

How Can I Help You?

Sehun woke up at 6am in the morning expecting to hear Baekhyun downstairs making noises that involved cleaning his kitchen or living room  or any room really, but was instead greeted with sweet silence. Sehun kept his eyes on the clock as the long hand made a full round on the face of the clock until it was 7:00. Sehun climbed out of bed and trudged down the stairs and was met with his messy kitchen that he did not clean due to thinking that Baekhyun would do it.

 

He made his way to the sink and stared at the week old pile of dirty dishes. He sighed, deciding not to wait for his clean freak friend and went to work on the mess in front of him. After he swept the kitchen and made sure to wipe down the counters and cupboards. Sehun dragged himself up the stairs, feeling more tired than waking up that morning and plopped into his bed and went back to sleep.

 

Three hours later Sehun was fully awake. He took a shower, threw on some clothes and went to his kitchen with his laptop in his hand. He turned it on and began to write the story he’s been typing non-stop since Luhan’s visit earlier that week. You could say he was definitely inspired after the older friend left. Right after he finished typing the 30th page, Baekhyun rushed through the door, looking completely disoriented and sweaty.

 

“S-Sorry f-for being l-late.” Baekhyun said while trying to catch his breath.

 

Sehun closed his laptop and stared at Baekhyun. He examined the other boy, noticing that Baekhyun was wearing a blue jean jacket over his nurses outfit, his hair looked damped and  was carrying a carrier bag.

 

“I just got off from my night shift at the hospital so excuse me if I look a mess.” Baekhyun explained after regaining his regular breathing pattern and practically collapsed on the kitchen’s table chair.

 

“Since when did you work night shift?” Sehun asked.

 

“A  few days ago.” Baekhyun answered. He pulled out a water bottle from his bag and chugged it down.

 

“Really? May I ask why?” Sehun said while looking at him.

 

“I need  the money.” Baekhyun said casually. He then looked around the kitchen. “I see that you already cleaned the kitchen.” He then gave Sehun an apologetic glance.

“Oh that’s no problem. Its not really your mess to clean in the first place.”  Sehun reassured Baekhyun.

 

“But still, I bet you expected me to clean it right?” Baekhyun asked.

 

Sehun only smiled, feeling a little guilty now. He did expect Baekhyun to be there and clean. He’s been so use to Baekhyun doing so actually. However that doesn’t mean its Baekhyun responsibility to clean anything in Sehun’s house unless he made the mess himself. Its quite embarrassing to think of the many times Baekhyun would be in Sehun’s home in the morning, taking care of the mess that has been accumulated for that week.

 

Now that Sehun thought about it, since when did he stop cleaning the kitchen entirely? He used to at least once a day since thats where he spends most of his time. So when did the routine start when he let Baekhyun take clean it every time the man came to visit.

 

“I believe I have to apologize.” Sehun announced after thinking it through.

 

“For what?” Baekhyun said, a little caught off.

 

“For always expecting you to clean up my kitchen every time you come over. I didn’t know when I became so dependent on you.” Sehun shook his head, also realizing something else. “I was just scolding Chanyeol for always depending on you and here I am doing to the same thing. God I’m such a hypocrite.”

 

Baekhyun smiled. “I don’t mind, really. I actually like cleaning your kitchen, its more calming than cleaning after that disaster at home.” He said referring to Chanyeol.

 

“No its not ok. You’re not my mother, you’re my friend. I’m sorry.” Sehun got up and bowed slightly. “I’m sorry for being so reliant on you.”

 

Baekhyun eyes widened. Sehun actually apologizing isn’t something you see everyday. He doesn’t say sorry for the awful things he says or being sarcastic. He doesn’t even apologize if he hurts you feelings. Even if he does says sorry, its usually half-assed.

 

“Please Sehun its ok! Stop apologizing! You’re making me seem so pitiful as if I don’t know what I’m doing.” Baekhyun flustered with a red face.

 

Sehun nodded his head, now feeling even more guilty for making Baekhyun feel like that and quickly sat down. “Sorry Hyung. I didn’t mean to damage your pride.”

 

“Who’s said you’re damaging my pride?!” Baekhyun exclaimed. “I’m just saying its my own choice if I want to clean your kitchen or not. You have never forced me to do so. Not even once. If anything, I’m the one who volunteered.”

“ I don’t really know when or how you started it.” Sehun said.

 

“Well it was almost a year ago. It was around the time you was really busy with this one book because the deadline was near. I think it was about that kid who finds out that his sister was actually his biological mom or something along those lines.”

 

“Oh yeah! That book.” Sehun said knowingly. That book was actually one of his favorites because of how much time and effort it took him to write it. He also became attached to the characters and loved how it was psychological and heartwarming at the same time. It was also the book that was popular and the hottest topic amongst book readers for that entire year.

 

Honestly Sehun thought of the story only a few weeks before his deadline and preparing and writing it took a toll on him. He literally stayed on his computer all day and night just to complete it. Not to mention that he didn’t have time to clean, cook, change clothes or do anything but type, drink coffee and some bread.

 

“Yes it was around that time. I came over and your kitchen was like a freaking war zone. You was practically a zombie typing non stop in front of the computer and probably didn’t notice me enter. So I took it upon myself, since you were really busy, and I cleaned the kitchen up. Then I came back a few days later and the kitchen was messy again and I cleaned it again. So ever since then, even after the deadline, I continued to clean your kitchen.” Baekhyun explained. “So if anything I made you rely on me Sehun so stop being like that.”

 

“I see.” Sehun hummed. “I guess I had no reason to apologize.”

 

“Exactly.”

 

“Instead I should thank you for being a good friend.”

 

Baekhyun smiled. “No problem at all Sehun.”

 

“But I do think you’re being too much of a good friend to Chanyeol.” Sehun added.

 

“I think so too.” Baekhyun agreed.

 

“So I was thinking that maybe you should stop letting Chanyeol being so dependent on you.”

 

“What do you mean by that?”

 

“I think you shouldn’t let Chanyeol get away with making a mess in the house.”

 

“Are you crazy?! Baekhyun uttered. “ You think I let him get away with it?”

 

“Obviously. If you didn’t, he wouldn’t continue to be a mess.”

 

“But I always scold him but he never listens!”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes.

 

“Words will not do anything. Action will.”

 

“I don’t know what you are implying.” Baekhyun eyed Sehun.

 

“I’m implying that you stop cleaning after him.”

 

“Yup I was right.” Baekhyun sighed.

 

“About what?” Sehun asked.

 

“You’re crazy.” Baekhyun replied. “Why would I let the house get any messier than it is. We could get kicked out of our apartment for creating a fire hazard or even worse, gathering rodents.” Baekhyun shivered at the last two words.

 

“But there is no other way to stop Chanyeol from leaning on you all the time.” Sehun tried to reason.

 

“Don’t care. I rather let Chanyeol lean on me than let my apartment literally turn into a pigsty.”

 

“This is why Chanyeol is going to die.” Sehun opened his laptop, signaling that he was no longer going to argue with the other.

 

“What do you mean by that?”

 

“I mean, what if one day you guys find your own places. How is Chanyeol going to survive without you. You clean after him, you feed him, you help him with work, you watch over you get him up in the morning and you make him go to sleep so he could get his regular 8 hours. You treat him like he’s a small child and he has turned into one. What is going to happen when you, his guardian, leaves him? Have you ever thought of the consequences at all Baekhyun?”

 

Baekhyun frowned and lowered his head. “No.” He answered softly.

 

“I thought so. So you either try to find a solution for it or go with mines. The choice is yours.” Sehun said as he began typing.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh lord. What the hell happened to you!” Sehun blurted out  after he lifted his gaze from the computer screen to his friend, Yixing, who happened to look like a complete train wreck.

 

Yixing’s skin was no longer glowing like it usually was but instead it was a pale yellowish color that made him look sickly. His eyes were red and looked worn out. His lips were chapped and  his hair was the only thing that looked alright. He was wearing a big white sweater and brown khaki pants. Sehun was right, Yixing did not look like himself.

 

“Yeah thanks Sehun. I now realize I look like .” Yixing said sarcastically before he scowled and sat down.

 

“That’s good to know.” Sehun said.

 

“I will skin you alive Sehun.” Yixing snapped.

 

“Someone seems a bit snappy today.” Sehun mumbled under his breath. “So what’s going on to you? You look sick.”

 

“Well no sherlock. I guess the red eyes and my skin color wasn’t enough evidence to show that. Remember to never write a mystery novel, it will be terrible.” Yixing said.

 

Sehun narrowed his eyes. “Just tell me what's your problem or I’ll kick your out.”

 

“I think I’m suffering from withdrawal.” Yixing sighed.

 

“Of what?! What the hell are you taking to make you look like that?!” Sehun shook his head in disbelief.

 

“Suho’s patries.” Yixing said simply.

 

There was pause.

 

“You gotta be kidding me, right?” Sehun asked. How could food make you have a withdrawal. He Sehun has never heard of that and more specifically how can Suho’s sweets cause medical problems. He hasn’t had a cookie from Suho for 3 days, yet, he hasn’t suffered at all.

 

“No I’m not and stop giving me that look.” Yixing glared at Sehun. “It may not seem believable but I’m not doing so well.”

 

“Why do you think its Suho’s fault. For all we know it could be something else, like those vegetable smoothies you be drinking.”

 

“No its not and I’ll tell you why.”

 

“Well, please do.” Sehun gave Yixing the floor.

 

“Ok. It started the day after we talked about my weight problem. So I decided to call my manager and told her to add more things on my schedule in the morning and give me more hours in the evening. So I drove past Suho’s bakery and went to work. The whole day I was thinking of the delicious sweets Suho could’ve made and how I missed the chance to eat them. I was beginning to break but I told myself to keep on track. So this went on for a couple days and one day I got a call from Suho. He’s been wondering how I’ve been doing and why haven’t I been to the shop in so long. I told him I was extremely busy because its spring and almost summer time. Thats when its the busiest for clothing companies. I felt kinda guilty about the whole ordeal of me avoiding Suho but it had to be done. It was either my career or Suh. That was a hard decision to make.”

 

Sehun nodded in agreement.

 

“One day at a photoshoot they were serving cookies and since I hadn't anything sugary for a while I tried it. It was terrible.” Yixing paused to put his think. “Actually it was ok but compared to Suho’s cookies..........well lets say its not a fair comparison. Thats when things went downhill. I started to really crave for Suho’s chocolate cookies with fudge filling. You know the one, Sehun.”

 

“You know I do.” Sehun was almost drooling from thinking about it.

 

“But I willed myself not to go but I broke down as I was driving back home. So I went inside, talked with Suho for a while and I ordered the chocolate cookies. I went home and ate it all in minutes. But I felt horrible because I didn’t follow the intentional plan and I sulked by drinking alcohol. I ended up consuming too much and threw up. I woke up like this and haven’t slept ever since. That was 2 days ago I believe.”

 

Sehun gawked at Yixing. “A-Are you serious?”

 

Yixing nodded his head.

 

“What should I do Sehun. I’m exhausted and my manager won’t let me work until I look like my usual self.”

 

“Well I suggest you should get real therapist because I’m not cut out for your problem.” Sehun said, attempting to not laugh.

 

“Do I look like I’m in the condition for you to joke around?” Yixing growled.

 

“Of course not. You look like you're going to drop dead any second now.” Sehun smirked.

 

“There is no winning with you.” Yixing folded his arms.

 

“You’re not the first one to say that.” Sehun chuckled. “Well anyway I think you should see your personal trainer or your doctor about this one. I’m sure they can help you way better than I can because he studied for things like this.”

 

“......I think you’re right. I’m going to call him right now.” Yixing pulled out his cellphone and stood up. “Thank you for the help Sehun.”

 

“No problem. Just make sure you don’t collapse in front of my house when you finally shut down.”


Yixing stuck his tongue out at Sehun and slammed the door shut.

 

 

Author's note

Yeah I know. Its short T.T

But the good news is that I'm free now. No more school and I got straight A's on my report card. *HELLZ YEAH!*

Also I just realized I have 120 subscribers.

And I would like to say:

image

 

I am eternally grateful! (hive five to anyone that gets the reference)

Thank you for subscribing and commenting!

 

Edit: Omg I forgot to put off the hide box, my XX