Ch 7

How Can I Help You?

“I-It just isn’t f-fair.” Kai choked out before sobbing into a white handkerchief, that so happened to belong to Sehun.

 

Sehun slightly shook his head at the pitiful sight of his friend. He felt bad for Kai, but he was just being overdramatic. He’s been crying ever since he arrived at Sehun’s house. He had snot running down his nose, messy bed hair and was still in his pajamas, which were pikachu pajamas by the way.

 

It seemed as if Kai just stayed in bed and sulked for most of the week. Which he actually did, feeling too depressed to even step a foot out of his bedroom except for occasional bathroom breaks. However ,Kai,  after a while, wanted to seek some help from Sehun, tired of crying his heart out over his beloved Kyungsoo. So he showed up on Sehun’s doorstep with tear stains on his cheeks, with his stuff monkey in his arms and an empty box of tissues.

 

“Kai I know you’re still sad and all, but can you at least stop crying like a baby. You’re a grown man for gods sake. Show some dignity.” Sehun finally spoke up in a firm voice.

 

“B-But K-Kyungsoo already t-took that.” Kai responded in a muffled voice, with his face still buried in the handkerchief

 

“What the hell are you talking about?”

 

“He took everything from me when he left. He took my dignity, my pride, my shame, my happiness, “Kai paused to cry even harder. “And my heart.” He said with a dramatic whimper.

 

Sehun couldn’t stop himself from rolling his eyes. Kai probably wasn’t going to stop crying anytime soon and that thought annoyed Sehun to no end. So he reached over the table and reluctantly put his hand over Kai’s. This got the other boys attention.

 

Sehun sighed. “Kai, I know its hard dealing with this. Heartbreak is never easy and in some way I can relate to you. I’ve been in love before and had my heartbroken as well.”

 

Kai’s eyes widen. No not Sehun. Not the Sehun he knew. He had never seen Sehun with anyone and the fact that he said he was once in love was kind of a surprise. Actually Kai thought Sehun was aual, meaning someone who wasn’t attracted to anyone. And honestly, it didn’t sound too far fetch. But now, he guess he was wrong to think so. Sehun was good at hiding his emotions so maybe he kept it a secret from everyone.

 

“Really? When? How?” Kai whispered, trying his best to stop the tears.

 

“It was back in middle school. We were in the same class and I fell so hard for that person. So I befriended them and we became the best of friends. However I learned that person was in love with someone close to me and soon after I learned this, they both went out. I was hurt and I felt so betrayed. How could they be so selfish and not be aware of my feelings?” Sehun said.

 

Kai nodded his head, feeling a bit angry, thinking how Kyungsoo could NOT know his feelings. Everyone else knew, but he didn’t. How could someone be so dense?!

 

“I actually became like you in a way. I became so disconnected with the world and all I did was sulk or cry. I stopped talking to my crush and my close friend entirely and ignored them at school. I hated everything and all I did was pity myself. I thought my life no longer had meaning if I couldn’t be with the one I love.” Sehun slowly removed his hand from Kai’s.

 

“But you know what happened after a while,  Kai?” Sehun asked.

 

“What?” Kai replied, anxious of what was going to be said next.

 

“I got over it.” Sehun said flatly.

 

“You.......got over it?” Kai furrowed his eyebrows. He didn’t understand at all.

 

“Within a month I moved on by focusing on other things that made life seem worth living. I hung out with my crazy and amazing friends, focused on my studies and busied myself with after school activities and projects. In no time I found someone new to love.” Sehun blushed a bit then cleared his voice. “Anyway, what I’m trying to tell you is that even though you're hurting, you’ll heal in no time.”

 

Kai frowned at Sehun. He thought Sehun would give him useful advice but this isn’t it. He needed something to get rid of his problem now.He didn’t want to endure this pain any longer.

 

“Is that all?” Kai asked.

 

Sehun scoffed. “What do you mean that’s all? I just opened my heart to you.”

 

“I know and I’m touched by that, but that’s it?! What do you mean I’m going to move on?! That’s bullcrap and you know it. I love Kyungsoo a lot more than that petty little crush you had in freaking middle school!”

 

“ you Kai, you’re the one that came for help and i’m trying to help you.” Sehun sat back in his chair and folded his arms.

 

“Yes I know I came here for help, but I was at least expecting something better. I mean, I could’ve gotten this advice by reading some cheesy romance book.”

 

“Pfft. When was  the last time you even picked up a book?! Sehun sneered.

 

“Fine, I could’ve watched a freaking romantic comedy for advice! But you get the point! It’s so overused when it comes to situations like mine.” Kai explained.

 

“Have you ever thought maybe because its effective and true?” Sehun said while drinking out of coffee cup that he got from a nearby cafe.

 

“But I want to get better now. I don’t want to be like this any longer.” Kai whined.

 

“Then don’t. Just get off your and be productive. Distract yourself with drawing or dancing.”

 

“But, I can’t.” Kai pouted.

 

“And why is that.”

 

“Everything reminds me of Kyungsoo. When I draw, I draw Kyungsoo, and when I dance I remember the times I would show off my dance moves to Kyungsoo all the time. And food reminds me of him because he loves eating so much and always had a bright smile when he ate. And then I remember how cute he was with his big eyes and his beautiful soft skin.” Kai rambled on.

 

“Oh geez Kai.” Sehun deeply exhaled. Kai was getting Kyungsoo crazy again. “Just forget about him for a minute.”

 

“What?! I can’t help it! He’s been my friend for years, I  just can’t forget about him like that!” Kai shouted. “He’s my everything and I need him! I want him and I love him.”

 

“Look Kai, you’ve already been rejected. You need to move onto better things.”

 

“Are you saying Kyungsoo isn’t good enough! Who do you think you are?!” Kai jumped from his sit.

 

“Calm down Kai. You’re overreacting.” Sehun said, nonchalantly

 

“No I’m not! I came here for help, not to feel worse. I want this pain gone now!” Kai yelled.

 

“Are you ing kidding me Kai.” Now it was Sehun’s turn to snap. “I can’t help you like you want me to. I’m not a ing love witch that can conjure up a freaking potion that can make you feel better. It takes time to move on, no matter if it’s love or healing from a wound. It. Takes. Time. So don’t come here complaining to me about how sad you are and then get angry when I don’t give you want you wanted.” Sehun paused. “No wonder Kyungsoo rejected you on the spot.” Sehun blurted out.

 

As soon as those words slipped out, Sehun soon regretted them.

 

Kai slowly sat back in the chair. Tears began to well up his eyes.

 

“Maybe that is why.......” Kai said quietly before bursting out into tears and cried like baby on Sehun’s table.

 

“Oh lord.” Sehun groaned. He closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of nose.

 

He just got the other boy to stop crying not even five minutes ago, but now he was at it again. How long should it be until he stops this time? 20 minutes? An hour? Until evening?

 

Sehun groaned again as he heard Kai wail. Sehun decided he should drink some coffee to calm himself down so he wouldn’t snap again. He took a small swig of the coffee, not entirely grimacing at the taste since it tasted better than the coffee he bought from starbucks.

 

As he put down the cup the back door bursts open, and Kris enters the premises. From the look of expression, he was not happy.

 

“I ing hate that girl!” Kris shouted.

 

Oh god, Sehun needed some more coffee for this BS.

 

Kris slid a chair next to Kai and sat down in a huff.

 

“Hey Kai.” Kris greeted angrily.

 

Kai nodded in response. He was shocked by Kris’s sudden entrance so he stopped sobbing, but there were still  tears streaming down his face.

 

“And what special occasion brought you here today Kris?” Sehun asked while sitting up straighter in his chair.

 

“My ing girlfriend. Well, my soon to be ex-girlfriend anyway.” Kris said.

 

“You mean Yuri, right?” Kai spoke up while wiping away his remaining tears.

 

“Yes that .” Kris grumbled

 

“Whoa there buddy. What the hell did she do to make you so mad?” Sehun said while leaning forward.

 

“Ok so you remember how you told me to stay with Yuri for a little longer to see if I could still care for her and that other ?”

 

“Yes, I remember.”

 

“Well I did. I stayed with her. I talked with her, I hung out with her and went on dates with her, but I’m so close to slapping her in the ing face. She’s mean, she’s stuck up and she treats me like I’m a ing child. Then she gets mad at me if I even dare to talk back. And you know how she chew gum all the time? Well I’m sick of that too. All I hear is her lips smacking and its driving me crazy. Actually just the other day I asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said whatever I give her she’ll be happy with. So I bought two tickets to a baseball game and she had a fit. So I went with Tao and she got mad that I used HER birthday present without her and she actually wanted to go to the game when it was obvious she didn’t earlier..There’s no ing way to please her!” Kris finished by swearing a couple more times.

 

“Wow.” Both Sehun and Kai said in unison.

 

“Yes, that’s why I’m pissed.”

 

“And here I thought I had issues.” Kai said while chuckling.

 

“You do, it’s just that you don’t have anybody.” Sehun pointed.

 

Kai glared at Sehun. Then Kris for the first time actually took notice of Kai’s messy demeanor.

 

“Dude, you look wrecked. Had a bad night or something?” Kris asked. However Kai looked away and stayed silent.

 

“He finally confessed and got his rejected.” Sehun filled in, earning another glare from the boy.

 

Kris jaw dropped. “You actually confessed?!”

 

“Yes I did and I regret it so much.”

 

“Dude, forget about that. I’m more surprised that you ACTUALLY confessed.” Kris gave Kai a pat on the back. “You officially deserve those balls.”

 

Sehun laughed while Kai groaned.

 

“Why is it surprising?” Kai grunted.

 

“Because you’ve been in love with Kyungsoo for years, Kai.” Kris said

 

“And you always said you would confess, but never would because you were a chicken.” Sehun added.

 

“You guys .”

 

“Hey that’s your thing, not mine.” Kris said while winking.

 

“Ugh so ing annoying.” Kai turned his back to Kris and pouted.

 

Kris was about to say something else, however, he didn’t get to as he heard the back door swing open.

 

“Oh, a lot of people are here.” Suho smiled brightly as he walked over to the table. In his hand he carried two small bags, each sending off an aroma of sweetness.

 

“Hello Sehun, Kris and Kai.” Suho greeted. “I hope I’m not interrupting anything. If I am, I could leave and come back later.”

 

“Not really. Besides if you were, I would kick them out in a heartbeat for you and whatever delicious treats you have brought me.” Sehun said while eyeing the bags.

 

“Well aren’t you a great friend.” Kris commented, but was also looking at Suho’s bags.

 

“I know. I’m a once in a lifetime friend.”

 

Kris rolled his eyes.

 

“So Suho are you going to show us what’s in your bag or do we have to attack you for them.” Kris asked.

 

Suho set the bags on the table. “Of course not.” He said.

 

He pulled out 5 different slices of cake, varying from chocolate, vanilla, velvet and cheese cake. He then opened the other bag and pulled out a large see-through container with cookies inside also varying from oatmeal, raisin, chocolate chip and m&ms. He also made sure to pull out plastic utensils and napkins. The three boys looked in awe at the sweets.

 

“I have dibs on the cheese cake.” Sehun quickly grabbed the said cake and took a fork.

 

Kris and Kai lung forward for a cake of their choosing as well. Kai chose the chocolate cake with extra fudge and Kris chose the vanilla cake with whip cream. Suho took the velvet top and grabbed a seat next to Kai.

 

“Oh god, this is better than any I ever had.” Kris moaned as he took the first bite out of his slice.

 

“I would say ew and tell you to go to hell, but I have to agree.” Sehun said before stuffing his mouth with more cheesecake.

 

“Thank you. I tried my best to make it good.” Suho replied.

 

In less than a few minutes all of the boys, except Suho, finished eating the cakes. They went straight to the cookies right after.

 

“So are you here to plan your trip?” Sehun asked while dipping a chocolate chip cookie into his coffee.

 

“Yes I am. I do have a few ideas I want to go to.” Suho said.

 

“That’s good. We should have a starting point.”

 

“What trip?” Kai asked. He was trying to comb his hair with his fingers.

 

“Suho’s going on a vacation because he’s a workaholic.” Sehun answered. He stuffed the cookie in his mouth. He smiled while chewing, trying to savor the amazing taste in his mouth.

 

“A workaholic? Well I knew you worked a lot, but I never knew you was obsessed with it.” Kris said.

 

“It’s not like that.” Suho chuckled. “I just need to get away for a little while. I’m a bit stressed out right now.”

 

Sehun scoffed. “A little bit? Really Suho?” Sehun turned to Kris. “He’s so stressed that he’s getting tired of baking sweets and reconsidering on being a pastry chef.”

 

Kris and Kai both looked at Suho. They were beyond astonished, they were completely stunned.

 

“Are you serious?!” Kris dared to ask first.

 

“I’m not saying I don’t want to be a pastry chef anymore, I’m just a little tired of it.” Suho smiled nervously.

 

“Sehun you better plan this vacation thing right now and have Suho on next plane to wherever.”

 

“Exactly. That’s why he needs this vacation because if he doesn’t.” Sehun waved a sugar cookie in his hand. “No more of these pieces of heaven.”

 

“I can’t live in a world without these cookies!” Kai exclaimed. “Now I really want to cry again.”

 

“I know.” Sehun said. “So do you have any places in mind Suho?”

 

“Yes I do.” Suho reached inside his pocket and pulled out a small piece of paper. Apparently it had a list of places he wanted to go to.

 

“I was thinking of places like Hawaii, Italy, Japan or France.They all look like nice places to go to.” Suho handed the paper to Sehun.

 

Sehun scanned the paper and hummed. “Is there any reasons why you want to go to those places.” he asked

 

“Well who doesn’t want to Hawaii. Its like a place you automatically think when you want to relax. Not to mention the amazing beaches. Italy because I heard that if you really want to taste a piece of heaven you go there. Also because of the historical sights. Japan also because of the food like the noodles, sushi and the candy.  And then France because of the sweets. I want to try out the pastries there and learn some more tips about baking since I haven’t been there since I was training to become a pastry chef there..”

 

“Seems like most of them are for the food.” Kris noted

 

“That’s true, but I just want to relax, explore and eat good food.”

 

Sehun nodded. “Why don’t you go to all of these places, then?”

 

Everyone looked at Sehun.

 

“What? I’m just suggesting that he shouldn’t be restricted to just one place. He should experience different cultures and their ways of creating sweets. I see nothing wrong with this.” Sehun voiced.

 

“I agree. why don’t you go to all of them?” Kai agreed.

 

“True I could.” Suho said thoughtfully. “But I have to think of the expenses.”

 

“Don’t worry about it. I’ll cover them.” Sehun offered,

 

“ I can’t do that. It’ll be too expensive.”

 

“Have you forgotten? I barely spend money on anything. I have at least 80,000 dollars sitting in the bank from the last book I wrote.”

 

Kris almost choked on the cookie he was eating.

 

“You have that much in your bank?!” Kris cried.

 

Sehun shrugged his shoulders. “I have more in my savings account from my other books.”

 

Kris slid close to Sehun with a grin on his face. “Guess who’s your new bestfriend.”

 

Sehun rolled his eyes, but smirked nonetheless. “What about Tao.”

 

“Oh he’ll understand.”

 

“But Luhan won’t.” Sehun answered.

 

Kris snapped his fingers. “Almost forgot about that guy. Damnit.”

 

“Anyway, Suho I got you covered and I’m not taking no for an answer so you better just take the offer.”

 

Suho sighed. “Fine but I owe you.”

 

“Don’t worry, just pay in cookies.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“So what about me?” Kris asked as he reached for the last cookie in the container. He noticed how he had yet to get advice from his friend.

 

“I think you’re only looking at her bad points.” Sehun snatched the last cookie away before Kris could. Kris eyes threw daggers at him, but Sehun ate the cookie happily.

 

“What do you mean only her bad points? That’s actually her!”

 

“Nah, I met Yuri a couple times and she isn’t that bad. Yes I do think she’s a bit mean, but that’s only because she’s brutally honest and doesn’t like beating around the bush. Not to mention that she does have a nice side to her.” Kai answered.

 

“See?” Sehun pointed out. “I think I might have confused you from what I said last time. I should’ve told you to not look for reasons to break up with her.”

 

Kris nodded. “Alright, but I’m not going to be happy about it.”

 

“Come on Kris, I know she isn’t that bad and I’m sure that half the fights you guys have, are because of you.” Sehun said.

 

Kris opened his mouth, but closed it, knowing that Sehun was going to somehow point out the things he do that make people mad.

 

Sehun smirked. “Try to talk with her Kris. Arguing all the time doesn’t fix anything. If she’s mad calm her down and actually talk with her, ok?”

 

“Ok.” Kris repeated.

 

“Good boy.” Sehun took a cookie wrapped up in a paper towel from his pocket. He gave it to Kris, who smiled at him.

 

“What about me then?” Kai said next.

 

Sehun glared at Kai. “I already gave you advice.”

 

“But-”

 

“Not buts or I’ll kick your out of here.” Sehun warned.

 

Kai frowned but didn’t say anything.

 

“I’m sorry, but I have to ask. Why are you still in your pajamas Kai. It’s 4 in the afternoon already.” Suho asked.

 

“He confessed to Kyungsoo, got rejected and spent the whole week crying in bed.” Kris said, receiving a hard punch on his arm from Kai

 

“You actually confessed?” Suho said with shock.

 

“WHY IS EVERYONE SO FREAKING SURPRISED BY THIS?!” Kai shouted.

 

“I’m sorry Kai. Its just you always said you would for years, but never did. Well until now.” Suho apologized.

 

“You know what, I should’ve never confessed to Kyungsoo then I wouldn’t be in this predicament.” Kai sulked.

 

“It can’t be that bad.” Suho said in soothing voice.

 

“Yes it is. Actually later that day when I confessed to Kyungsoo he came over to comfort me and even suggested that he could set me up with a gay guy he knows!”

 

Everyone immediately burst out laughing, not to the amusement of Kai.

 

“That’s not funny! He actually said that and tried to hook me up. He gave me the phone number and everything.” Kai said seriously, however, that only made the others laugh harder.

 

Kris wrapped his arm around Kai’s shoulder.  “Oh, forget about that idiot Kyungsoo. I got a nice gay friend that’s definitely your type.” Kris said still chuckling.

 

“No Kai don’t listen to him. You know how erted he his, try thinking with who he hangs out with other than us and Tao.” Sehun warned

 

Kai made a disturbed expression.

 

“Thought so. Now listen to me. I know this really sweet kid that’ll you fall for in a second. He’s cute and when I say that, I mean he’s really adorable. He has a passion for dancing like you and loves skinship. He’s a year older than you I believe.” Sehun said.

 

Kai looked unimpressed and turned to Suho.

 

“What about you? Do you have a “gay” friend, hyung.” Kai asked.

 

“Other than you, I don’t think so.” Suho said with a shrug.

 

Sehun scoffed at this. “Suho you have much more gay friends than you think.”

 

“Really?! Do I hang out with them often?”

 

Sehun eyed all his friends and smiled.

 

“Yes very often.”


Author's Note

This literally took me 4 hours to type and I don't even know why! Can someone please explain this to me. I was typing , listening to pandora not creating new tabs or getting distracted. But I ended up typing from 6 to 10! That's ridiculous! I had the whole lay out of the chapter and everything created before hand! 

Anyway this is probably the longest chapter I have ever written for this story so far. I'm not sure how to feel about that :/ (yeah I do, I'll give myself a cookie)

I sorta like this chapter in which the friends hang out sharing their problems, eating cookies like the badasses they are and joking around for the hell of it. That's so me and my friends there. *Friendship*

Well I'll get out of you're guys hair. Be prepared for the next chap!

Don't forget to comment or subscribe my lovely readers~